Indoor virgin, wish me luck

• Thread starter electroguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
electroguy

electroguy

Super nice guy, mid 30's, ultra organized and motivated. And man, he's got a gift.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It looks like it. If he can grow 500 you can grow five. And most of those guys are glad to give you pointers on how to get a good start. And how to maintain them. I don’t know your situation. If you live in a tracked home, it may not be feasible. Just something to chew on. Worst that can happen if you kill a few plants! I’ve been doing it for a few years. Lol.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

It looks like it. If he can grow 500 you can grow five. And most of those guys are glad to give you pointers on how to get a good start. And how to maintain them. I don’t know your situation. If you live in a tracked home, it may not be feasible. Just something to chew on. Worst that can happen if you kill a few plants! I’ve been doing it for a few years. Lol.
There's always a way to grow pot!! I've forgotten more stealth installed than I can remember!

electroguy

electroguy

Finally moved the tent and decided on 2 blueberry og's, a blue dream, and a super lemon haze. Scrog table is hanging and ready to drop and I fimmed this morning. I'll drop it on Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks @CannaGranny and everyone else who has taken their time to answer my questions. What great people here.

IMG 20230429 144059298 HDR
IMG 20230429 151526568 HDR
Mothman

Mothman

Finally moved the tent and decided on 2 blueberry og's, a blue dream, and a super lemon haze. Scrog table is hanging and ready to drop and I fimmed this morning. I'll drop it on Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks @CannaGranny and everyone else who has taken their time to answer my questions. What great people here.
Yee haw!

electroguy

electroguy

It's a really stout plant so I'm considering grabbing some pollen. Should I be concerned about the females around? It's too early for them to flower outside, right?

B

BadFish_Genetics

Last year New Mexico legalized it and I got 2 clones from a friend. Planted late, plants were stressed. After they settled in they looked great. Green and lush. Did one LST on main stem on each girl. They stayed short but did have multiple colas. This year I want to try indoor. I got a vivosun 4'x4'x80" tent, 450 watt Phlizon led, and hopefully some bomb seeds. I popped a master kush bag seed in a jiffy peat pod in a dome in like 2 days with a heating pad underneath. Then got 2 Malawi seeds, 2 dawgtrap, and 2 golden glues. Threw them in yesterday. Put the mystery gendered master kush in a solo cup with happy frog last night and a Mason jar on top. It looked happy when I got home from work. Just sitting in a sunny window right now.
I'll set up the tent this weekend.
Quick question in lights. Basically height and Dimming level for the little ones. I don't want to over do it, or under for that matter.
Anyways, thanks for any ideas and happy growing
Master Kush has always been my most Favorite of all Kush. Ultivars out there! Great pic! And whom did you purchase your seeds through. Thanks for the information fellow Growmie!

B

BadFish_Genetics

I use a 4ft 2 bulb t5 shop lights ratings between 3,500 and 6,500 Calvin and I forget the lumens but there your normal shope lighs. They are strong enough for me to grow my mothers and clone and seedling under as long as I'm onto of it all! Which at times can be a very hard task lol.

electroguy

electroguy

Master Kush has always been my most Favorite of all Kush. Ultivars out there! Great pic! And whom did you purchase your seeds through. Thanks for the information fellow Growmie!
I got the super lemon haze, blue dream, and blueberry OG from premium seed market all regular seeds and the master kush from a friend's grow and super lemon dawg from my plants last year.

electroguy

electroguy

If the male flowered outside, there’s a chance the females could also.
I was wondering why the males would make their sacks this early. The girls just barely showed off their goodies in the tent but I don't think they flipped. We've got great sun and weather now and the plants look amazing. I'll keep you posted. Thanks

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Your ScroG table seems a bit high. Are you going to spread the branches out underneath it or are you using the screen as a support as the branches grow up through the net?

When you're plants go into flower they're going to stretch some. Are you taking the stretch into account leaving enough room for distance between light and top of canopy when you finish?

electroguy

electroguy

Your ScroG table seems a bit high. Are you going to spread the branches out underneath it or are you using the screen as a support as the branches grow up through the net?

When you're plants go into flower they're going to stretch some. Are you taking the stretch into account leaving enough room for distance between light and top of canopy when you finish?
Thanks roots, keen observation. The table is being suspended right now by wires. The legs are 30 inches long and the plants are about 33" tall. I'm going to wait until they are about 38" tall so I can spread them out under the table.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Thanks roots, keen observation. The table is being suspended right now by wires. The legs are 30 inches long and the plants are about 33" tall. I'm going to wait until they are about 38" tall so I can spread them out under the table.
I would be setting the screen as soon as I could to start spreading branches. If you wait too long the branches will be too woody to be able to do any real bending. I like to use the net as a sort of LST. Set my initial plant under the screen and tuck as they poke out beyond the screen. I continue tucking about a week into flower letting them stretch across the screen. Once I'm half way through stretch I let them grow vertically trying to achieve around 9" more of stretch so that the canopy to net height is around 9". I find this method helps in maximizing yields. Some like to keep everything tucked under the net but, IMO, you're limiting the area you have to produce in. Keeping everything tucked under the net means you're growing in mainly one dimension which is the net space. By filling the net space horizontally then using the vertical space you have in the tent you can multiply your net space by however much stretch you want to give the vertical space and are now growing in 3 dimensions.

When you say "30" long" are you measuring from floor to canopy or soil line to canopy? From yesterdays pics it looks like you're measuring from floor to canopy. My guess is your soil line to canopy is around 24" on your largest plant?

I would LST the branches you currently have as flat as you can without breaking them and lay the net over them now to start filling the screen. Once around 60% - 70% of your screen is filled you can flip and let stretch fill out the rest of your screen along with the vertical colas you want to produce at the 9" height you want. 9", depending on the light power you have, is about as deep as LED's will penetrate into the canopy. Anything growing deeper than that is just wasting flower power.

This is the method I've used to maximize yields in a limited space.

04282023 blurple side

Screen is set at 18" from the floor.
04092023 defol side post

You can see from the where the branches are in relation to the soil line how early I start training branches to keep a low net line. This allows me to be able to compensate for any cultivar that may stretch more than I thought and leaves me with plenty of vertical space to suit the amount of canopy penetration my particular light can muster.

FS early LST
BFG early LST
MG tilted main stem

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom