indoor window grow with an auto curtain ?

• Thread starter bastard_x
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bastard_x

I could save so much money on electricity if i could fabricate or purchase a automatic blackout curtain for a window grow that would open / close on a timer . I know they gotta make these but im not willing spend a grip of money on one. If I put plastic sheeting up in the window to fog and prevent anyone from seeing in the window when open . Suplimental lights would turn on before it got dark outside then the curtain would close , the lights would turn off after a few hours for vegging , then the curtain would open just before dawn . You would be able to get 4 seperate flowering seasons in one year without the hefty electricity bill to go along with it. If i had no life i could be there to pull the curtain and would not need a machine but thats a little ridiculus . Where i live we have no shortage of sunlight so as long as its in south facing window it would get light all day because im in the northern hemisphere. If anyone here has ideas on how i could make something like this for not too much money i would appreciate. Unless someone has a used curtain puller machine they want to sell for about one hundred bucks let me know. Or a link to someplace that sells them for a reasonable cost. thanks

sedate

sedate

I kind of like the ingenuity here, but I don't think this is going to work very well . . .

I'm pretty good at fabrication, but getting something homemade, moveable, and - here's the kicker from a design stand-point - lightproof into any sort of window strikes me as very difficult and expensive to do.

I got nothing.

A 1000w HPS/hood should run you <$300 and at a national average of 10 cents per kilowatt-hour about $50/month.

Much easier, IMHO.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

yeah love the idea myself!

x10 wireless has blind closers you can put on a timer. idk how you will get it light proof enough though to get the light low enough to where the dark period is dark enough.

maybe panda film on the back of the curtain and like a box on either side that the curtain goes into as a light trap. kinda like a "L" off the wall so it slides into it and overlaps the edge of the curtain.

if you do this post it up and show us!

B

bastard_x

Thanks for the replies on my idea / question . Ive thought about it and decided to stop being a cheap ass and buy the curtain rod kit online for about $160 because that is only a fraction of the cost I would be spending on electricity . This window setup will also give me a chance to work on a low light autoflowering strain that I stumbled across . I will hit the drawing board and see if i can make it happen and i will keep checking this thread for more good ideas and post pics of any progress.

Top Bottom