• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Mature plants make better pot than young plants.

Yesterday someone claimed that hps light makes more males than mh light.(if you take 2 packs of seeds and put one pack under mh and one under hps.. hps will make the seeds more male)

What crazy things have you heard over the years?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Yesterday someone claimed that hps light makes more males than mh light.(if you take 2 packs of seeds and put one pack under mh and one under hps.. hps will make the seeds more male)

I just read the same thing in Steve Elliott's little black book of Marijuana.

I was told clones profuced less potent cannabinoids than the plant the clones were taken from

cannabeans

cannabeans

Not that I am a fan of Dutch Passion... But from their website.

From literature and our own findings it appears that the growth of a male or female plant from seed, except for the predisposition in the gender chromosomes, also depends on various environmental factors. The environmental factors that influence gender are:

• a higher nitrogen concentration will give more females.
• a higher potassium concentration will give more males.
• a higher humidity will give more females.
• a lower temperature will give more females.
• more blue light will give more females.
• Fewer hours of light will give more females.

It is important to start these changes at the three-pairs-of-leaves stage and continue for two or three weeks, before reverting to standard conditions.

https://www.dutch-passion.com/en/grow-info/feminised-seeds/

dan1989

dan1989

No bud... this thread is not directed at anyone... just random shit over the years.

I heard this one about calcium but i wont go there hahaha

I know that wasn't for me, just sayin :) pity this thread wasn't created six months ago I might have avoided the dreaded nute tasting bud. Luckily it cured off and tasted half decent in the end...after I'd smoked most of it lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ed Rosenthal tested for years and has data proving that mature plants can produce more potent flowers than young or straight from seed.

And I have no lab testing being done anymore but I have noticed more complex flavors and effects from phenos I have grown 12/12 and showing pre flowers. And more recently 2 month old mature plants.

Mrs. MMG and friends have noticed as well. I really don't tell anyone when I experiment so I get honest feedback.

But Ed was testing much more mature veg plants than that even to get his results. It's in his old book.

Was his testing proved incorrect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom