• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ed Rosenthal tested for years and has data proving that mature plants can produce more potent flowers than young or straight from seed.

And I have no lab testing being done anymore but I have noticed more complex flavors and effects from phenos I have grown 12/12 and showing pre flowers. And more recently 2 month old mature plants.

Mrs. MMG and friends have noticed as well. I really don't tell anyone when I experiment so I get honest feedback.

But Ed was testing much more mature veg plants than that even to get his results. It's in his old book.

Was his testing proved incorrect?
Are you in a sealed room... or passive air flow? Ac or air exchange?

xenon730

xenon730

this one is done by alot of bigtime growers.almost as dumb as 36 hours of darkness before havesting haha.

yeah but they do that to dry it, not for potency. hanging upside down causes the sugar leaves to form around the buds protecting them. i also think this is the way you prepare for most auto trimming machines. and some find dry trimming easier and some also claim the protection and slower dry generally produce stinkier, more potent buds(by causing less glands to fall off, not by draining in the thc lol).

sixstring

sixstring

yeah but they do that to dry it, not for potency. hanging upside down causes the sugar leaves to form around the buds protecting them. i also think this is the way you prepare for most auto trimming machines. and some find dry trimming easier and some also claim the protection and slower dry generally produce stinkier, more potent buds.
that might be true today but if your over 40 you have no doubt heard in your lifetime that hanging the whole p[lant upside down makes it better/more potent

G gnome

G gnome

yeah but they do that to dry it, not for potency. hanging upside down causes the sugar leaves to form around the buds protecting them. i also think this is the way you prepare for most auto trimming machines. and some find dry trimming easier and some also claim the protection and slower dry generally produce stinkier, more potent buds(by causing less glands to fall off, not by draining in the thc lol).
Why wud darkness dry em out?
Protecting them from what?

sixstring

sixstring

i can only say i agree with you because I'm a decade short of that.
yeah im getting close to 50 and when i was in my early 20's thats what most experienced growers told me,and i did it with all my outdoor plants.talk about shittin bricks waiting for 6 or 7- 6 foot plus plants to hang dry in my shed,the whole damn neighborhood smelled like skunk.what a fuckin nightmare to trim plants that dry like that,never ever again for me.

xenon730

xenon730

yeah im getting close to 50 and when i was in my early 20's thats what most experienced growers told me,and i did it with all my outdoor plants.talk about shittin bricks waiting for 6 or 7- 6 foot plus plants to hang dry in my shed,the whole damn neighborhood smelled like skunk.what a fuckin nightmare to trim plants that dry like that,never ever again for me.

i also wet trim. I've tried it before just because some people prefer it and i just like to try everything. never know if you'll prefer it if you never try it so i did it to a white widow and hated trimming it enough that i just cooked it all without trimming lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I had to put the drain the roots and branches of thc one here.... this is the thread i was talking about hahaha

Lol. It's an oldie but a goodie.

But I wish you could try the old mans New York power diesel. I was high a whole 4 hour kayak trip with him and his family once. And 4 of us smoked 1 joint. And I mean HIGH!

They decided to try new stuff when they found out they could buy seeds at a dispensary. I hope the clone is still out there.

P

PharmHand

Plucking fans off a indoor plant has no benefit.
Toping can make a herm because of the stress.
Grodan is fiberglass.
My all time favorite is you cannot use beneficials with salt based fert
Topping in early flowering can most definitely bring out male flowers in herm sensitive plants. I've seen it in strains that don't usually seed when stress is minimized. I've also topped stable strains early flower by accident and had no issues.... So plant dependent from what I've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom