Inexpensive E-nail.

• Thread starter HeLLMuTT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Thoughts on performance bro? Looks very nice
Seems nice to me. I'm not a big dabber tho. It heats up within 60-90 seconds. It over shoots by about 50 degrees then comes right down to temp. I left it on for a few hours yesterday and it was cool being able to walk up n dab. For me it's probably a novelty, I really like flowers better for day to day use. It cost 65$ for all the parts to build the box, but that included the metal box I bought and never used. The nail was 40$ and the coil was 50$. So less than 150$ for the build. I wish I would of got a better glass rig, the one I bought looked cool but man it has a lot of drag having 3 discs in it.
I haven't yet but yours looks awesome! I like the box you made for it, clean.

Great work man.
Thanks bro! Your original post is what made me look into this. Thanks for getting the creativity flowing!

Skoosh

Skoosh

So, just out of curiosity, an E-nail is (basically) an AC to DC voltage regulator (Like say a model train transformer pack) and a coil to place the (Ti) nail into?
(I realize this is minus the digital temp readout)
...But that seems to me to be about (at retail) $15-$25 worth of parts (plus the rig)

MtnDawg

MtnDawg

Definitely more than $30 for parts. You need a temp controller - it's not just a digital readout. It sets and maintains the temperature of the coil. Those are at least $30 alone. The coils are borrowed from the plastic injection molding industry. They are designed to heat the nozzle tips to keep the injected plastic flowing into the mold. Those aren't cheap either. I'd guess you could probably put one together for $120, but not $30.

The difference in taste is VERY noticeable when you can control the temp of your nail.

Lucky777

Lucky777

It's the cheapest I've seen. Came across the site from reddit.

Looks clean, 100w 20mm Coil. Again it's quite cheap.

View attachment 445856

http://www.theterpz.com/default.asp

Still cheaper to build your own and it's pretty easy.
the CHEAPEST i found so far has been at 420life.com website https://420life.com/product/420-life-e-nail-for-concentrate-essential-oils/
200w 20mm coil
free 10/14/19mm reversible male female nail
i have been using it about a month now. SO FAR SO GOOOOOOD! i'll keep you posted

velocity

velocity

For what its worth. The heater theroy comes from industrial heat treating. You pass a piece of material through a electrical magnectic feild and it will instantly heat the material. Induction heating.

Main advantage is until the desired object is placed in the feild it is not doing anything. You can leave it pluged inturned on and until you stick metal in it its not going to do anything.

Look into induction heating. If it takes more than 1 or 2 seconds to heat a nail then its under powered. I use to heat 4 1/2 inch solid rods in half a second for hydraulic cylinders. Theres loads of info on net on induction heating. If want to diy a heater there easy enough to make, power supply the cost. Just need to know dia. of the nail and material and can find tables telling you how much of a power supply needed. The dia. very well maybe in decimal. Lay nail on tape mesure find how many 16ths it is. Multiply the number of 16ths X .0625.

1/4 inch is 4 16ths. 4 16ths X .0625 its .250 thousandths of an inch. There are machinists tables tell you this to all over the net. The dia of the material has to be known and the material so the correct amount of voltage is used. Get the right voltage the magnectic feild will vibrate the atoms of the material and get it red hot in half or 1 second.

Last edited:
CaliUrbanKid

CaliUrbanKid

The best priced Enail i ever found was the 420 life enail

CaliUrbanKid

CaliUrbanKid

does anyone know the best temp to use an enail at? i tried the 400-500 range and it pools up forever, i tried 710 and it vapes well with a little pool.

i was just wondering what temps others are using

Dankorene

Dankorene

Actually you said they are the same, they clearly are not.
the nail is not universal it is female VS 420 life's universal
no carb cap VS it comes with a carb cap
so other goodies came with it but my point is its a more complete kit. the boxes look similar but they aren't 710 hot box doesn't have a fuse, i contacted them they said no fuse. mine has a fuse and that the one i bought from 420life.com

Calixylon

Calixylon

Hey @Ohthatguy could you send a list of the same parts you got, and also a wiring diagram, or a shot of how you wired it for a complete dummy. I can solder and splice, and do it if i have pictures, but not good with words. Thanks whenever you get around to it

Top Bottom