Inexpensive E-nail.

• Thread starter HeLLMuTT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Calixylon

Calixylon

all the super cheap pre build enails seems to have shitt temp controllers, thats the most important part to me is themp control, if i got a cheap enail id probably go in and rewire the whole thing and amke sure its safe. It sounds like you could put together one for cheaper then 60-70 in parts, but then your sacruificing the temp PID. The coils all are pretty evenly priced, if i saw a really cheap coil i might be ocncerned it wasnt safe, or good quality. The nail you can find for alot cheaper now, probably put one together for 100-110 and thats with good quality parts and wiring you know will last.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Hey @Ohthatguy could you send a list of the same parts you got, and also a wiring diagram, or a shot of how you wired it for a complete dummy. I can solder and splice, and do it if i have pictures, but not good with words. Thanks whenever you get around to it
Hey bud these are super easy to put together. I think the metal box that is on the material list is tiny and I have big hands so I built a wood box. I bought almost everything from Amazon the coil I bought from enailusa I emailed them because I had heard some coils had the #3 neutral and others the #5 They emailed right back and told me how theirs was numbered. I have a new phone so I don't think I have any of my pics but I'll look. I have the guts and boxes for a couple others but I haven't had time to put them together

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Settings

JBreezy7 1 point 10 months ago

to set it to K type hold down the "SET" button for 3 seconds until "AL1" appears. press the "SET" button 5 more times until you see "INP". then press the blue "ALT" button to change the parameters and set it the the symbol that looks like a backwards lowercase "y"

• parent

Autotune is on if the light is lit up on the front of the P I D If its lit up where it says AT if it is you hold the second button down with the <</AT til it turns off I think I read somewhere mine is not on. and on your coil I'm not sure if that's going to work correctly as its 110w and 250v the one in this guide and the one I and other people are using are a 250w 110v coil so I'm no expert on these but being the voltage is different and lower wattage if it would even work I have no clue so i'm not sure if these would apply to you but my current P I D settings are P=53.2 I=10.5 D=2.12
xhw21x 1 point 10 months ago

Hold the set button until al1 pops up then go through by pressing set until you get to p then hit the second button to select it to chanbe. Use the arrows to scroll through then hit set once complete. Go back and scroll back through and find i and d also. Change it to Fahrenheit also and input to y if you have a k thermo.j if a j type

• parent
I saved these notes on programming the pid

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

I just googled and this is the wiring diagram. I don't put neutral to the switch I put ground. But they're the same thing. Edit just realized this diagram has a second switch. But Google diy enail

Dankorene

Dankorene

all the super cheap pre build enails seems to have shitt temp controllers, thats the most important part to me is themp control, if i got a cheap enail id probably go in and rewire the whole thing and amke sure its safe. It sounds like you could put together one for cheaper then 60-70 in parts, but then your sacruificing the temp PID. The coils all are pretty evenly priced, if i saw a really cheap coil i might be ocncerned it wasnt safe, or good quality. The nail you can find for alot cheaper now, probably put one together for 100-110 and thats with good quality parts and wiring you know will last.
Sounds great but IM NO ELECTRICIAN im not a baller but im no cheap ass either. spending $175 on a properly built enail is much easier and safer for me
thanks for your valuable research. i stick to my enail i bought. i love it it works great. check it out at 420life.com

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Sounds great but IM NO ELECTRICIAN im not a baller but im no cheap ass either. spending $175 on a properly built enail is much easier and safer for me
thanks for your valuable research. i stick to my enail i bought. i love it it works great. check it out at 420life.com
They have that same nail for sale on amazon cheaper than their home website, typical, amazon is always cheaper.

R

RCC Tools

I do hand-assembled and painted E-Nails...willing to negotiate on pricing, but they are well worth it considering the uniqueness/love and the price-point combined... www.rcctools.com

DSCN1320
DSCN1321
DSCN1322
Graywolf

Graywolf

$175 is a good price, if it works! I've built a couple using a coil and a cheap Mypin PID that I picked up on line, for around $110 total. I just skipped the fancy plugs, and wired the coil whip inside the box, which was scored from my treasure (junk) pile.

After a couple years, I burned out the thermocouple in the coil, and just recently replaced it. Once the PID stopped seeing a signal, the system rose until it hit high alarm shutoff, and then dropped up to 100 degrees before heating up and cycling again.

It is typically dead on the set point 8 out of 10 times I look at it, and isn't more that three degrees when its off.

R

RCC Tools

$175 is a good price, if it works! I've built a couple using a coil and a cheap Mypin PID that I picked up on line, for around $110 total. I just skipped the fancy plugs, and wired the coil whip inside the box, which was scored from my treasure (junk) pile.

After a couple years, I burned out the thermocouple in the coil, and just recently replaced it. Once the PID stopped seeing a signal, the system rose until it hit high alarm shutoff, and then dropped up to 100 degrees before heating up and cycling again.

It is typically dead on the set point 8 out of 10 times I look at it, and isn't more that three degrees when its off.
MYPIN is pretty good just make sure you know which model you are getting for sure because they have one with a built-in mechanical relay (RNR model), and one that drives an external SSR. It's not out of the ordinary to order the wrong one, or get shipped the wrong one.

Top Bottom