Infected by mites help!

• Thread starter sunflower_101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sunflower_101

Does anyone know solutions to control or get rid of spider mites? usually it gets done before they get infected but i got lazy this time around and now paying for it. half my ladies are crawling with mites and im 4 weeks away from harvest. also i usually use floramite but im not sure if i can use it once theyve stared flowering.

any help would be appreciated thanks!!

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I think its getting hard to say, depending on your location, and source of mites, they may be resistant to many things.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
4 weeks away - Id try mighty wash - people say its amazing and its pretty much just water - shouldnt affect the taste of your smoke

I wouldnt use floramite now

hiboy

hiboy

ya ur screwed with the borg this late, ive used greencure that late, supposively ok to do so. it isnt a miteacide but does affect them
h

D

DazedNconfussed

Azamax...by GH...I love the shit...its 100% organic, can be used up till the day of harvest (allthough i wouldnt recomend)...and it works....takes a few apps to get rid 100% but it works. Its cheap too....

S

sunflower_101

Thanks for the help guys...

much appreciated hopefully either the azamax or mighty wash works..
ill post the results weekly

thanks once again

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I would not use azamax on buds

you will taste it

go with the mighty wash

azamax is not the best to kill mites anyhow - it dont do much for the eggs either

RELOADER212

RELOADER212

I use liquid ladybug. It is very effective and totally organic and safe. It is basically peppermint oil, and it clogs the respiratory tracts of the mites. You need to be checking with a microscope, and spray all infected leaves heavily. I f a fan leaf has lots of eggs on it clip it off.
http://www.spidermitekiller.com/

H

Hydro-Soil

Best cure for mites is to prevent them.... before they ever get to your garden.

Azamax needs to be used properly.... works fantastic, especially on the mites that folks say are "resistant". LOL

NEVER spray it on your plants once they're in flower. The most I would do in flower is to grab a sponge and (without dripping) wipe all leaves on the plants with 5ml/gal plus 2-3 drops of dishsoap and a capful of isopropyl alcohol. (dishsoap prevents beading and dripping and the alcohol dissolves webs and eggs while speeding evaporation.)
If you have too many plants I would do what I could and hope for the best. Floramite is not healthy and tastes like crap.

Looking to "Prevent" mites? Safest bet 'cause they're a LOT more work to get rid of than to prevent, is to pick up some Azamax.

Every 1-2 months in veg.... use it at 1ml/gallon as a soil drench or straight into your reservoir. No more than that or you'll run into structural integrity issues with your plants.

First day of flower for 60-70 day strains.... same thing. 1ml/gal in the soil or res. Strains that run 90 days or longer should get a second treatment after 30 days.

It takes approximately 30 days for the Azamax/Azatrol to break down within the plant. During that time the plant will keep any bug that bites it from breeding and eating properly.... helping to keep your population explosion down.

After 30 days you can't taste the Azamax/Azatrol in the plant. Believe me.... I'm Suuuuuuuper sensitive and complain about how disgusting everyone else's meds are. LOL

KEEP YOUR ROOMS CLEAN!!! Can't stress that enough. You should be able to go into your flower room and just wipe down smooth, white, clean surfaces. No rugs, clothes, boxes or misc junk should be laying around.

Do NOT bring outside plants inside your house. If you want houseplants I highly recommend starting them from seed. Houseplants can be a quick road to infection.

Keep it clean, keep it prevented and you'll not have issues with mites..... unless you get lazy. ROTFL!

Stay Safe! :D

symbiote420

symbiote420

^^^^^Thanks, that's good advice bro!! But since he's beyond preventing them from getting in there he should listen to ML and grab some Mighty Wash, it killed every fukken one of them in my garden and I had webs stuck together around 3 mother plants. (I get to itchin' everytime I think of that ish) 1st application they were done, but to be safe I applied it for two weeks every 3 to 5 days, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!! Used SNS-217 before too,it's great! just cost more than the MW. You can't sell Liquid Ladybug round here where I'm from, Straight up gar!(bage) I've seen spider mites have pool parties in the stuff and azamax/trol leaves one of the nastiest tastes on the buds too.

S

SmokeSignal

Here's another solution. Simple, cheap and secure.

Pinesoap: 1l water & 10ml pinesoap. Spray mites on a regular basis a week or more. Very late in the flowering plants are not take advantage and then is no viable solution.

I fought for more than a week, but finally got under control.

S

sunflower_101

thanks for all the info guys....but im not into this for the taste for me its all about yield, density, and of course $$ LOL... thats why im want to kill these assholes..i dont want them to effect my yeild, which will probably happen if i dont kill them. it just started budding 1 week ago so i want to get it before it goes further in the flowering stage n ill be even more doomed!!!! so im guessing i should go with mighty wash.
once again thanks guys!!

H

Hydro-Soil

Azamax/Azatrol at 1ml/gal in the res or soil drench (any more and you'll have serious issues with your plants). Every 30 days in veg and the first day of flower only.

Dip or thoroughly spray every square centimeter of plants in veg with 5ml/gallon of Azamax/Azatrol, 2-3 drops of plain dish soap (or a penetrator) and a capful of isopropyl alcohol.

Clean your rooms... should have smooth surfaces, easy to wipe down.

100% effective, even on "Resistant" varieties of mites. :D

Stay Safe!

Edit: You're only a week into flower... go ahead and use the soil drench... you'll be so happy you did! :banana1sv6:

S

SSHZ

I've used everything stated above.......... and although I agree with some things and disagree with others- I'd strongly recommend Dr. Doom Pyrethrin Foggers. When set off properly, they do a great job of getting in the nooks and crannies of plants to kill off most bugs and insects. My plants just seem to be healthier when I kill my bugs this way. Spraying most anything on flowering plants (other than water) right now will clog the stomatas and slow down growth/flowering.

Cort

Cort

$$ just remember that people will probably be smoking what you grow to alleviate symptoms of some health problems they have. You owe them enough respect to not poison them by using some toxic shit. You can turn a profit without being a bitch.

W

woody420

Your best idea is to ride out the strom. If u start to got buck wild with spraying shit on ur girls this late in the game u will get....hapeen to me 2me runs ago wish I would have maybe just cut out a few girls that had them bad just my. Cents

RELOADER212

RELOADER212

symbiote420;737777 You can't sell Liquid Ladybug round here where I'm from said:
We can only go ny our own experiences, and I have had good luck with liquid ladybug. It kills them for sure because I check with a microscope and you can see thier dead bodies after spray. I use it in veg while the plants are small to gain control. Like I said before you need a microsope to know what is going on with your plants.

S

sunflower_101

SSHZ--- ive never used dr.doom how exactly does it work n is it recommendable to use it during flowering

S

SSHZ

They come in a canister- like small cans- and they have 3 sizes depending on the room size. I always use the smallest cans no matter the room size. You just release the top and the room fills with the spray from the can, killing everything. Yes, you can use it in flowering with no problems. The pyrethrin in the product breaks down to harmless ingredients very quickly (within hours) and leaves no taste/smell/etc. Again, it's made from a flower (which I can't spell or pronounce) and used in greenhouses I've worked in before so I know it's safe. And effective......I've bought mine on Ebay before with no problem......

Latest posts

Top Bottom