Infested with thrips. Suggestions anyone?

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

Well after a couple spinosad treatments seems all the thrips are gone.

Here are abunch pf pics of the plants today.
Could all this damage be caused by the thrips?
I am starting to think I have mites or something else going on as well. Leaves are still twisting, Yellowing and dying off. Buds are getting red hairs, seems a little pre mature for that.
Some leaves have spots of herpes looking spots, (see pics)
One room plants are totally stunted and done even resemble WIFI anymore..

Im quite sure its not the hydroponics, Rootzone looks healthy and great. Plants however do not look so hot.

Looking under the microscope There is definatly black thrip crap everywhere. But no sign of anything alive.

Is this the damage caused by the thrips early on?

IMG 3242
IMG 3244
IMG 3245
IMG 3246
IMG 3248
IMG 3249
IMG 3250
IMG 3251
IMG 3253
IMG 3254

G

gettogro

How can I check for broad mites, I cant see anything out of the ordinary with my microscope. As far as alive things or eggs. The leaves are covered in dots like small trics but they could be mite eggs Cant tell

Ill get some microscope pics up next

IMG 3256
IMG 3257
IMG 3260
IMG 3261
IMG 3262
IMG 3263
IMG 3264
IMG 3265
IMG 3266
IMG 3267
IMG 3268
IMG 3270
IMG 3272

G

gettogro

Maybe someone can see something here that I cant.
All I can tell is thrip crap, and the leaves have trics on them.

I am willing to except that this crop is a bust, however I want to make sure that it doesent happen again.

Mic
Mic2
Mic3
Mic4
Mic5
Mic6
Mic7
Mic8

H

HL45

Its hard to say that I can see the eggs. But I think I can in a few shots. the curling down on the tips and up along the edges is a sign of bms.

They love pistils supposedly so that is another thing to look for if they are browing prematurely

Can You take a few more pics of the underside of the leaves...

At this point its hard to say. I might get swirskii mites as a preventative on your other rooms so you dont spread them there. You are far along enough that its hard to want to scrap the grow, but it might end up costing you more in reduced yeilds.. I had one flowering plant that looked like it got infected at a satellite garden. The pistils were turning prematurely and we covered it in swriskiis and it did fine.

The toxins stay in the plants long after the bugs are gone so its possible its residual effects from the toxins..

I got conserve sc, and forbid, used it on my moms and havent had any trouble four about a year, It looks like some of my clones got reinfected so I am going to be dunking them all soon.

Some folks have had success with heat treatments and others have used essential oils with success, theres a comprehensive thread at icey.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Well I can only tell you GG that it sure as shit ain't the thrips making the plants look like that.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Well I can only tell you GG that it sure as shit ain't the thrips making the plants look like that. Did you take these clones in from an outside source?

G

gettogro

Thanks for the reply, I have been reading that icey thread so much I think the BM's are everywhere.
Thanks Cap I can check off thrips as a cause.

I have been studying all the plants under a scope for hours, I cant find a mite anywhere, and the clear balls just look like resin glands to me.

These pics are NOT my plants, They show a BM and its size. I cant find anything that resembles these examples on my plants..

Mite1
Mite2

These are my plants, more mic shots. Maybe these are all eggs and Im just a fool..

Mic9
Mic10

Side by side, The size doesn't seem to add up to me

Mite2

Last edited:
PaperStreet

PaperStreet

What do the bottom of the fan leafs look like?
Do u have any fliers in there?

donmekka

donmekka

Hmm this looks very similar about 3 months ago I had some phantom issues thought it was broad mites but i could never find them or any bugs for that matter. strange thing was it only affected one strain so my conclusion was a virus or off gassing and it only affected my nycd x blueberry plants maybe that strain has a weaker immune system?

Not sure how much time your gonna spent on these ladys but maybe put a sacrificial clone of a different strain/ source close to a heavily affected area and see if it transfers to the new clone.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Doing some research on Thrips today, and something that may interest you @gettogro is that they can carry tobacco mosaic virus to your plants. I'm dealing with a small infestation at the moment....I hate bugs.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

for me best thing for thrips is the dr doom bug bomb..or any brand fogger...cleans out the room of these fuckers, regardless where they hide..

Coir

Coir

The predatory mite amblyseius cucumeris will devour thrips. It won't help if you already have a virus in your plants but they do work really well when you get them on the plants early. They will also eat broad mites although thrips are their main food source.

seaslug

seaslug

My friend's plant caught thrips when he set it outside to get some sun. Monterey took care of it but my point is: the thrip shit was squarish, like micro black Chiclets.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Thanks for the reply, I have been reading that icey thread so much I think the BM's are everywhere.
Thanks Cap I can check off thrips as a cause.

I have been studying all the plants under a scope for hours, I cant find a mite anywhere, and the clear balls just look like resin glands to me.

These pics are NOT my plants, They show a BM and its size. I cant find anything that resembles these examples on my plants..

View attachment 357075 View attachment 357076

These are my plants, more mic shots. Maybe these are all eggs and Im just a fool..

View attachment 357077 View attachment 357078

Side by side, The size doesn't seem to add up to me

View attachment 357079

So what did you come up with getto? Thrips and Broadmites? Ive got something goin on too.

D

Drewster446

i have been treating for thrips thought i got all the little bastards but i just found some on my babies im about a week to 10 days from harvest is there anything to use to save them?

Top Bottom