Injured Plants

• Thread starter Notchie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

Either way give the changes you made time to show positives or negatives first.

Organikz

Organikz

this is known as the soils tilth the ability to evenly distribute moisture. As your soil ages it will begin to take water a little better

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

If you are already fertilizing the small twisted one, that's why it's sad. You should wait until a plants first set of round leaves(cotyledons) start to turn yellow and die. When they do this the plant will start to turn a lighter green color signaling that it's time to add fertilizer.
I disagree... Sry..
I never wait to see yellow. I will feed at 150 ppm even if it is just calmag...
Personally I feed my seedlings with clonex cloning solution at 5ml per gal..

But you are right in the fact that he prob over fed them.
If its coco he prob has salt build up from letting the coco dry out..
You can see the yellow on the serrated leaves and usually for me that means prob in the roots and with the info he provided, I imagine he is burning the hell out of his roots
Also you have ph issues from the twisting of the leaves...
Im not for sure the nutes you are using?
And this is coco right?

Monster762

Monster762

You should invest in a calmag. Many brands out there no bad reviews on any. Calimagic has calcium magnesium and balance of iron too. You can pretty much use it nonstop. I use it regularly but in 1/2 strength. It's says ok for foliar but I mainly water with it. I haven't seen any negatives for sure.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I havent added anything to the twisted one except for water and light. But the bigger plants, thier first set of round leaves have turned yellow, does this mean i need to add fertilizer? Also, how and why. Its my first grow just fyi.
its soil?
well stop the presses on my last mesg,,
I need to read the rest of the thread first..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well I prob got some bad news for you...
Being autos, u have prob stunted them,,
I stunted my first one too..
Part of the journey...
Soil is about as simple as it gets for newbies.,,,
but that all starts with good soil..

I just grew some soil plants for shits and giggles..
Used happy frog and FFOF,
and watered and feed a bubbled tea once a week..
they were fine..
for caveman soil plants...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have no business being in the soil section.. if you don't mind I will find my way back to the hydro section................................................................................................................... zoooom

N

Notchie

Ok so new update: nothing has happened at all, the plants look healthy except for the white on the leaves. Still don't know what it is.

The twisting plant is still twisting but looks fine otherwise, the soil they're in is ph corrected so there shouldn't be any ph problems. But the white stuff seems to be spreading slowly. I need some advice on how to get rid of it before they start flowering.

DSC 0156
DSC 0160
DSC 0157
DSC 0158
N

Notchie

You should invest in a calmag. Many brands out there no bad reviews on any. Calimagic has calcium magnesium and balance of iron too. You can pretty much use it nonstop. I use it regularly but in 1/2 strength. It's says ok for foliar but I mainly water with it. I haven't seen any negatives for sure.
I found some flying things, looked like gnats or something, also found lots of black dots under the leaves of 2-3 plants, i sprayed them off with water but not sure if i got them all. there was also a scary white spider thingy with long legs. ugh what should i do?

Monster762

Monster762

Ok someone here just taught me on the gnats. I used neem oil and fungicide3 from Walmart garden section. Make a gallon mix by directions of neem and drench the soil good. After that you want to keep it dry. Especially the top. Get sticky ribbon fly traps and put 1 or 2 in the room. They lay eggs under the moist soil n attack roots. That causes plant to look unidentifiably sick like yours did. The black dots are probably spider mites. Is there webs anywhere. Look close. I've never had mites so google it. How to kill them. I think the fungicide3 kills them but it burned my lower leaves. Even though it says foliar on the bottle. People here will hopefully get on n help you cause the damn bugs are deadly to plants. I'll look up mites n respond back.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah do they move? I've never had mites but everything I've read here and online says that's what they are.

Monster762

Monster762

I know the neem n fungicide will kill the gnats. But you have to keep on it. They come back. Keep room clean n no sitting water. Run plants dry after you drench with neem. And put sticky traps up. It's a $10-$15 fix for the gnats but a pain in the ass. The mites I got to check on. I think the fungicide does it. Also the neem drench will be absorbed by the plant and deter future bugs too. They say to flush the neem out of soil but I left it in n plant smiled back at me for it.

Monster762

Monster762

Yes fungicide and neem will kill it all. And supposedly lady bugs are good preventer of mites. If you can get a few. Be careful of strength on leaves. Maybe hose it down n rinse off with clean water. It supposed to kill on contact.

Top Bottom