Insomnia: Then And Now...

• Thread starter FenderSuper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FenderSuper

FenderSuper

About 50 years ago, when I first tried cannabis, as a teenager, I would get ripped on what would probably be ditch weed by today's standards, and I'd sleep like a dead person all night long.

Fast forward 50 years and cannabis, especially good indica, can still knock me out, but three or four hours later, it's completely worn off.

Now, I concede, my memory could be faulty, but I don't think so. Is there something about modern cannabis that just doesn't last as long, or are we just under so much extra stress in 2017, it doesn't last as long? Any of you other old fucks experience this?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Take a break smoking for a couple hours..lol.
I still get good and ripped in the mornings and afternoon.
evening time not as effective.
Last year went to New Zealand and did not bring any weed. Went like 17 days till I found some that was by our standards pretty lame. I got real ripped on a couple hits just like the old days...
Try not smoking..lol for couple weeks and see what happens or not..

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Dabs..Why John why?
back in the day we had some great hash as you know. But now a days the kids and their dabs are going just a little to far out there IMo.
Couple three of them and I cannot even talk...
After awhile tolerance builds and it's worse than pot tolerance for sure..

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
It seems like whatever I do, I will only get a couple (2 - 3) hours of sleep a night. Does not matter what time I go to bed, 2 or 3 hours of sleep and I`m wide awake. looking around for a "wake n bake" to join.

F

friend

Long Slow baking indca cookies
Proper nutrition (cut the sugar).
Exercise (yoga)
These are some key things i have done
to help me sleep like a baby :happy:
Having occasional sex and working you're
Ass off don't hurt either :banghead:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
About 50 years ago, when I first tried cannabis, as a teenager, I would get ripped on what would probably be ditch weed by today's standards, and I'd sleep like a dead person all night long.

Fast forward 50 years and cannabis, especially good indica, can still knock me out, but three or four hours later, it's completely worn off.

Now, I concede, my memory could be faulty, but I don't think so. Is there something about modern cannabis that just doesn't last as long, or are we just under so much extra stress in 2017, it doesn't last as long? Any of you other old fucks experience this?
Insomnia is part of aging, period. I don't know about you, but for me it's pain, or I have to go to the bathroom, or shit's just running through my head so I have to distract myself with a song or something.

Also, I know this isn't likely your problem but it is mine--hormones. I take all three major sex hormones because I produce almost none. And the one that lets me sleep like a wee bairn is progesterone. It's wonderful!

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Insomnia is part of aging, period. I don't know about you, but for me it's pain, or I have to go to the bathroom, or shit's just running through my head so I have to distract myself with a song or something.

Also, I know this isn't likely your problem but it is mine--hormones. I take all three major sex hormones because I produce almost none. And the one that lets me sleep like a wee bairn is progesterone. It's wonderful!
Points for use of 'wee bairn'

DAT

DAT

im not sure what is happening to me with the horrible insomnia i have had this last week ,i have never had it like this before.... thank you for posting this thread and thanks to those participating.

I have tried heavy indicas and chocolate medible with no success.

I will try the suggestion of the slow baked heavy indica cookie and the progesterone if I can get some from the doc.

In the meantime I have ordered this stuff.... it has a 60 day money back guarentee so figured its worth a shot.
Upload 2017 2 16 15 23 59

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

im not sure what is happening to me with the horrible insomnia i have had this last week ,i have never had it like this before.... thank you for posting this thread and thanks to those participating.

I will try the suggestion of the slow baked heavy indica cookie and the progesterone if I can get some from the doc.

In the meantime I have ordered this stuff.... it has a 60 day money back guarentee so figured its worth a shot. View attachment 669779
I remember staying up, but the insomnia was probably related to the white stuff. Sleeping was impossible but since I'm an alcoholic I would literally knock myself out. Drink a fifth or a six pack as soon as possible, sometimes I was out like a light.

When I quit drinking the sleep went away too, and ibuprofen pm by the handful because I refuse to use ambien or other sleep drugs. I got my DUI when I was awake, I don't need to be having unconscious adventures that I can't recall from taking sleeping pills.

Now, my ambien, my sleepytime, my ibuprofen pm comes with live resin bong rips or 99% flo distillate cartridges. Judgy McJudgerson might label it cross addiction but my cross addiction saved my life. My only regret is my tattoo.

Have you tried to up the dose significantly? Edibles knock me out, there is a kat here who makes fucking mean hashcap. I don't get the weed hangovers that I've heard of before, but I'm also not that guy who tries to dab a gram at a time. I am that guy who tops a bowl of flower with live sift and some wax or resin. GO BIG OR GO HOME.

Have you tried melatonin? That was always too weak for me but my mother with sciatica swears by it, but she won't take ambien or thc so it's probably as strong as what she can get for her comfort.

Do you think your insomnia is a result of something that is going on in your life? Stress at work, stress with life, uncertainty with finances, legal issues, current events, other issues that could be causing stress or otherwise creating unbalances, chemical or otherwise? I'm pretty sure the folks reading this thread are better than both a real doctor or webmd. I'm also pretty sure that last sentence is complete baloney.

Noragrets
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I found it was harder to sleep the more weed I smoked so I stopped to smoking 2 times a day morning and after dinner when kids are in bed and use my oil at night I seem to sleep right through without my body waking up craving a joint the oil really puts my lights out without any dull head the next morning .

DAT

DAT

I remember staying up, but the insomnia was probably related to the white stuff. Sleeping was impossible but since I'm an alcoholic I would literally knock myself out. Drink a fifth or a six pack as soon as possible, sometimes I was out like a light.

When I quit drinking the sleep went away too, and ibuprofen pm by the handful because I refuse to use ambien or other sleep drugs. I got my DUI when I was awake, I don't need to be having unconscious adventures that I can't recall from taking sleeping pills.

Now, my ambien, my sleepytime, my ibuprofen pm comes with live resin bong rips or 99% flo distillate cartridges. Judgy McJudgerson might label it cross addiction but my cross addiction saved my life. My only regret is my tattoo.

Have you tried to up the dose significantly? Edibles knock me out, there is a kat here who makes fucking mean hashcap. I don't get the weed hangovers that I've heard of before, but I'm also not that guy who tries to dab a gram at a time. I am that guy who tops a bowl of flower with live sift and some wax or resin. GO BIG OR GO HOME.

Have you tried melatonin? That was always too weak for me but my mother with sciatica swears by it, but she won't take ambien or thc so it's probably as strong as what she can get for her comfort.

Do you think your insomnia is a result of something that is going on in your life? Stress at work, stress with life, uncertainty with finances, legal issues, current events, other issues that could be causing stress or otherwise creating unbalances, chemical or otherwise? I'm pretty sure the folks reading this thread are better than both a real doctor or webmd. I'm also pretty sure that last sentence is complete baloney.
Lol. Come on be honest. lol is that really you? That's such a great tatt. Super silly!!! Thanks for the advise and suggestions. ! And sorry to hear about the drug problems you have had. You sure do sound fortune in many ways and if that is you in the picture, you look great, a very healthy young man.

whitepistols

whitepistols

Make a brownie mix your choice, decide how many brownies take that X .5 and add that much dab to the mix. Make sure it is a strong indaca if want the thrill factor get it at 60 to 80% amber. If you want to sleep amber trichs and indaca are your freind.....Just do not do this and try to work the next day it could sink you down or it may not. Trial and error on amount but always have heavy amber trich material to start with.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

In the meantime I have ordered this stuff.... it has a 60 day money back guarentee so figured its worth a shot. View attachment 669779
If you're a male I'm not sure you should be taking progesterone. If female, be careful. You can put yourself to sleep with it, HARD. If you're menopausal you may also cause onset of womanation, although I've found estradiol is worst for causing that issue. I was going to also suggest melatonin, but again, be careful. Too bad we can't buy triptophan anymore, eh? Big turkey dinners from now on, maybe? :)

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Lol. Come on be honest. lol is that really you? That's such a great tatt. Super silly!!! Thanks for the advise and suggestions. ! And sorry to hear about the drug problems you have had. You sure do sound fortune in many ways and if that is you in the picture, you look great, a very healthy young man.
@DAT, I can't claim the picture or the joke behind it, other than I also have a face for radio but no regrettable tattoo's to reflect my poor decisions.
I am probably more open and honest than you'll care to read, just ask @GrowGod. He put me on a character limit. I have a unique ability to parse together many groups of letters into more words than would ever be needed by normal humans and for some reason I can't find the 'off' switch. See?
Please don't apologize or feel pity about my past bad decisions and drug use, I'm not that unique or special and I don't deserve it.

Top Bottom