insulated ducting negative air pressure

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I have normal 6" ducting running in sections no longer then 2 feet from intake to refector(s) to inline fan exhaust(total of 12 feet worth of refector, ducting, and inline fan).. I went out and got 6" insulated ducting(black outer layer with pink insulation then normal silver ducting inside)..I was told that since I am running negative air pressure(air pulled through the ducting rather then pushed through) that the ducting would collapse in on itself..Does anyone know if this is true? I have seen more negative air ducting for inline fans then positive air pressure ducts, but never seen insulated ducting used(never seen it on positive air pressure either). Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

R

RMCG

Why would it? Its the same as non-insulated (wire hoops), shouldn't be any different.

R

robz

I have normal 6" ducting running in sections no longer then 2 feet from intake to refector(s) to inline fan exhaust(total of 12 feet worth of refector, ducting, and inline fan).. I went out and got 6" insulated ducting(black outer layer with pink insulation then normal silver ducting inside)..I was told that since I am running negative air pressure(air pulled through the ducting rather then pushed through) that the ducting would collapse in on itself..Does anyone know if this is true? I have seen more negative air ducting for inline fans then positive air pressure ducts, but never seen insulated ducting used(never seen it on positive air pressure either). Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

Someone filled you full of BS! I run regular ducting from home depot and nowhere near collapses in with my 6 in. Vortex running full boar. Although the insulated has benefits such as not as likely to leak & suck air, as well as not as much heat escaping into the grow room. So your golden. I looked for insulated ducting but couldn't find any so went with the standard cheap stuff.

S

swisscheese

Negative pressure works better than positive pressure most of the time in my experience. Insulated is quieter and will help keep your room slightly cooler.

J

JonDoe

thermoflo insulated ducting is the best on the market hands down.after installing numorus systems. the depot shit gets pin hole leaks after 1 use.but the depot & lowes have insulated ducting just ask.

Top Bottom