intake air question

• Thread starter meanwhile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

meanwhile

I just added another 600 hps in my 400 cu ft room. total of 3 600s now. My temps are getting a little high, so i have been leaving the door to the room cracked open to allow more intake from my basement air. i also have a vent in the room 12x12 that draws from the basement air that was sufficient before i added the third light.

I think i need to pull some outside air in to help cool when the lights are on. What size intake do i need? i have a window in the room i can cut a hole in. Is there a diy way to filter the air for bugs and mold? Or do i need a hepa filter attatchment? The window is at ground level under my deck, so filtration is a must.

Also, I might need a.c. in the summer when outside air temps are higher. Will smell go outside if i use a freestanding unit that has a vent hose?

G

gudkarma

a) build a box, with proper hole & vent outlet, to fit over your window ...& make a filter rig that accepts something generic with easy access for inside.

b) yes, unfiltered air will go outside.

420Gator

420Gator

an exhaust fan might be something to consider,pull that hot air out and the cooler air will find its way in

hiboy

hiboy

go to home depot to the paint department and grap paint strainers/mesh bags. u can zip tie em around the intake ducting. works great to keep bugs out.

hiboy

hiboy

thanks mitten,
meanwhile, you asked about if the smell goes outside from your ac freestanding vent, yes it does. i have two of em and i can go to the roof where the vents are and definitely get that (awesome) smell

Top Bottom