Interested If Anyone Else Uses Urine , Milk , Worm Tea & Silica Derived From Soaking She Oak Fronds.

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Here's what I've got in 6 weeks at 12/12 have been using this method for years outdoors but never indoors very happy with result thus far .

Interested if anyone else uses urine  milk  worm tea  silica derived from soaking she oak fro
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Haven't done oak anything (allelopathy) but I'm familiar with other materials mentioned. Welcome to the farm!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Haven't done oak anything (allelopathy) but I'm familiar with other materials mentioned. Welcome to the farm!
Thanks for the welcome and glad your familiar with what I'm doing the tree i use here is actually a Casurina which has needle type leaves thes modified leaves have Cilicia in them I soak 5kgs in 20 lts water for 14 days I use as a spray and as a add to the tank I learnt of this in my 2 year Hort school for me it's free and easy to make just like my urine and the milk is the only thing I buy along with the power I've kept my cost of running down low and slso reduces my footprint on mother earth .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Just a quick note the Casurina cunninghami is also call by its common name of She Oak it's a Australia Native tree . I hope that helps .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks for the welcome and glad your familiar with what I'm doing the tree i use here is actually a Casurina which has needle type leaves thes modified leaves have Silica in them I soak 5kgs in 20 lts water for 14 days I use as a spray and as a add to the tank I learnt of this in my 2 year Hort school for me it's free and easy to make just like my urine and the milk is the only thing I buy along with the power I've kept my cost of running down low and slso reduces my footprint on mother earth .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks for the welcome and glad your familiar with what I'm doing the tree i use here is actually a Casurina which has needle type leaves thes modified leaves have Silica in them I soak 5kgs in 20 lts water for 14 days I use as a spray and as a add to the tank I learnt of this in my 2 year Hort school for me it's free and easy to make just like my urine and the milk is the only thing I buy along with the power I've kept my cost of running down low and slso reduces my footprint on mother earth .

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Just a quick note the Casurina cunninghami is also call by its common name of She Oak it's a Australia Native tree . I hope that helps .

Ah..! Ok, now I've gotta go look that up. I'm in California and we have something like 200 species of oak, all of which are allelopathic. Looking up this tree it may be a rather ancient group of trees with its segmented branches. Not at all like Quercus. This is the kind of oak I thought you were talking about.

Black Oak, Butte Mountain (site of last year's Butte Fire start).

IMG 2077 BW

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes that's correct it's not Quercus when the weather clears up I'll go a cut a branch off and show you it's leaf structure it has 100% silica in them the leaf is set up to reflect the sun light into the Center of the needle compound leaf it's a very interesting coastal plant .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Here's a pic of what the leaf structure is like and but the actual leaf is the little brown parts that are at every segment along the brac you can see the groves in the length of the brac which is where the silica is so in soaking the branch in water for 7 to 14 days realised the silica in turn I use in my growing .

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are they related to conifers at all? Do you know how they got the name she-oak?
Yes that's correct it's not Quercus when the weather clears up I'll go a cut a branch off and show you it's leaf structure it has 100% silica in them the leaf is set up to reflect the sun light into the Center of the needle compound leaf it's a very interesting coastal plant .
Yeah, I only perused the stuff I saw online but it appears to be yet another one of Australia's fascinating organisms.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter

Yeah, I only perused the stuff I saw online but it appears to be yet another one of Australia's fascinating organisms.
No not related to conifers at all it's really a big legume our soils are very low in N these trees fix N in the soil structure . Here's a few screen shots hope it helps .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter

The common name came from the first Sailors the look of the trunk reminded the ships carpenters of the Oak and the She comes from the wailing sound the wind makes as it goes through the trees it was said it sounded to the early sailors to be ladies crying and wailing for there return to the home shores I've heard it many times I live on a smaller island near the mainland of Tasmaina it's windy all the time

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Whoa! That is VERY cool!!

We're moving to the Mojave desert, where it is similarly windy almost all of the time. Ugh, the W.

Top Bottom