Interested In Real Spores Without The "fluff"

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cctt

Root pack application rate

My apologies if this has already been covered- I didn't find it.
I'm looking for the recommended application rate of root pack spores when pre-mixing into a medium before planting. I'm mixing it directly into dry coir and while I realize it can't be over-applied, it would be nice to make the pack last as long as is reasonable while getting its full benefits.

treebark1950

treebark1950

My apologies if this has already been covered- I didn't find it.
I'm looking for the recommended application rate of root pack spores when pre-mixing into a medium before planting. I'm mixing it directly into dry coir and while I realize it can't be over-applied, it would be nice to make the pack last as long as is reasonable while getting its full benefits.

Root pack:

Seeds: Pre soak with 3 tsp / gal
As a seedling treatment: 1 tsp/l prior to planting.
1 teaspoon per 2 gallons of water should be sufficient.
1 teaspoon per gallon of coco as a pre mix prior to planting.

G

gorgeousj206

I think your doing a good thing with these bennies but I would personally like to see some pics or something I just dont have bug problems and thats all thats being talked about.......All these people chiming in and not one pic comparing companies? cmon.......

G

gorgeousj206

Thats wasup! How long ago did you apply the bennies and was that just the root pack? lookin beasty.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Just the root pack..

you can barely see it on the floor in front of the pot.

That is a new mom I was transplanting. I log most everything but not so much with the moms. I think its been in that pot for about 10-12 days. But I really cant remember. If its longer than that...it aint much.

I am happy.

I didn't have the cheese for the nute pack...but soon.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
here are some pics of how trichoderma can affect your plants

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
"Most recent studies point out that chitin is a good inducer for defense mechanisms in plants.[5] It has also been assessed as a fertilizer that can improve overall crop yields.[6] The EPA regulates chitin for agricultural use within the USA.[7] Chitosan is prepared from chitin by deacetylation."

trichoderma harzanium produces chitin for the plants.

COOL FACT: They use trichoderma to "stone wash" blue jeans. The fungus eats away spots on the jeans and creates discoloration.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Now that I got some money there r now more root packs available let me no when u get more so i can order some

G

gorgeousj206

Im sold on your bennies when im done with these my question is whats the shelf life of your root and nute pack?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
its one year in warmer temps (around 85-90)

if you fridge it will last a lot longer. Like seeds.

C

cctt

Are they happy under vacuum for long term storage, or best just to seal off with as little air space as possible and refrigerate?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Are they happy under vacuum for long term storage, or best just to seal off with as little air space as possible and refrigerate?

Ill find out.

phenotyper

phenotyper

I put mine in a rubber stopped 64oz glass bottle with a bunch of desiccant packets. This worked well for me.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Just got my packs in the mail no frets no hassel. Thanks Caps. I'll post results shortly. This is one Jolly Farmer.

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

Hey Caps, thank you for getting my second package in the mail quickly.
My question is what sub strain of bacillus subtilis is in the root pack. The reason I ask is in my mother room I had a plant in my old royal gold basement mix, and she was full of fungus gnats and RAs... So I tryied something new for me which was the Pro-Mix biofungicide "subtilex". Bacillus Subtilis MB1600 to be exact. I transplanted some babies and covered the one mother with 2 inches of p-mix 2 weeks later the gnats are gone. My original theory was by using fungicidal medium I would not have fungus, food for the gnats and they could not survive.
This will be the first week I have all three packs to brew for tea. I have not seen any results from using the foliar pack alone so far so hopefully the tea will knock out the gnats. Other than the gnats my plant look really healthy. I am running side by side test.
1. With tea
2. With out tea
3. Very light watering
4. Pro-mix "Subtilex" topping

I'll post what happens next soon. Peace

Top Bottom