Interested In Real Spores Without The "fluff"

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Recent conversations with the manufacturer show that the tea is the best way to apply due to the fact that the bacteria and fungi take 4-16 hours to come out of stasis>

tea recipe has been changed to 1 tablespoon per gallon for epic concentrations of the good guys.

hey caps, thank you for getting my second package in the mail quickly.
My question is what sub strain of bacillus subtilis is in the root pack. The reason i ask is in my mother room i had a plant in my old royal gold basement mix, and she was full of fungus gnats and ras... So i tryied something new for me which was the pro-mix biofungicide "subtilex". Bacillus subtilis mb1600 to be exact. I transplanted some babies and covered the one mother with 2 inches of p-mix 2 weeks later the gnats are gone. My original theory was by using fungicidal medium i would not have fungus, food for the gnats and they could not survive.
This will be the first week i have all three packs to brew for tea. I have not seen any results from using the foliar pack alone so far so hopefully the tea will knock out the gnats. Other than the gnats my plant look really healthy. I am running side by side test.
1. With tea
2. With out tea
3. Very light watering
4. Pro-mix "subtilex" topping

i'll post what happens next soon. Peace

click80

click80

I am also curious as to fungus gnat larvae protection in the root pack. I have a perennial gnat problem. I just see a few here and there, but if I don't keep Bti in the root zone the larvae will grow and they will multiply fast, as you probably know....

I have been using a product called Microbelift up until now and was about to reorder since the little bit I have left has died i think.

So my question is what is in the Root pack to deal with gnat larvae? If there is nothing, then I could like to know, and have wondered this for awhile now, can you use Bti with bennies and not have to worry about throwing the balance off? Expecially since a product like Microbelift is so concentrated. 2.5ml will treat like 1000 gallons in pond applications.

I understand your foliar pack works against gnats, but the gnats from my moms are not the problem and until i find out exactly where the gnats are coming from I pretty much have to have gnat larvae protection. Either way I will order the foliar pack also as I love putting bennies on my moms leaves. Keeps them much healthier.

I was told on one forum that beneficials will balance themselves out but I find that hard to believe (meaning that you can apply Bti with bennies and they will always assume a particular balance).

I would really like to order some of these from you as I need to keep my gnat protection up and i am also about out of Great White. Would much rather throw my money your way man. I guess ordering on the Temp Ebay link is still the way to go????

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I am also curious as to fungus gnat larvae protection in the root pack. I have a perennial gnat problem. I just see a few here and there, but if I don't keep Bti in the root zone the larvae will grow and they will multiply fast, as you probably know....

I have been using a product called Microbelift up until now and was about to reorder since the little bit I have left has died i think.

So my question is what is in the Root pack to deal with gnat larvae? If there is nothing, then I could like to know, and have wondered this for awhile now, can you use Bti with bennies and not have to worry about throwing the balance off? Expecially since a product like Microbelift is so concentrated. 2.5ml will treat like 1000 gallons in pond applications.

I understand your foliar pack works against gnats, but the gnats from my moms are not the problem and until i find out exactly where the gnats are coming from I pretty much have to have gnat larvae protection. Either way I will order the foliar pack also as I love putting bennies on my moms leaves. Keeps them much healthier.

I was told on one forum that beneficials will balance themselves out but I find that hard to believe (meaning that you can apply Bti with bennies and they will always assume a particular balance).

I would really like to order some of these from you as I need to keep my gnat protection up and i am also about out of Great White. Would much rather throw my money your way man. I guess ordering on the Temp Ebay link is still the way to go????

The foliar pack and the root pack together are the ticket for bug prevention and root protection. foliar pack for the fungus gnats, root pack for root health and overall plant vigor and stress resistance.

My packs put great white to shame IMHO. 5 billion spores per gram compared to 250,000.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

GG,

The first prodcuts I had made to order are a combination of Azospirillum lipoferum, Rhizobium leguminosarum, Bacillus megaterium, and Fraturia aurantia. All together at the rate of 5 x 10 to the power of 9 spores per gram. The endomycorrhizal spores at the rate of about 25,000 propagules per lb each (4 of them).

In the future I will be able to offer specific strains, but there is a pretty big minimum so I wanted to try to make a blend that will be beneficial to the farmer who wants to go with an all inclusive bio program that will pretty much cover all the bases from mycos to disease prevention, to insect control.

Isn't Rhizobium leguminosarum for leguminous plants?

click80

click80

Isn't Rhizobium leguminosarum for leguminous plants?

In the past I did some reading on this. I know some strains are definitely beneficial to non-legumes. Here is one study I had bookmarked.

http://plato.acadiau.ca/isme/Symposium26/hoflich.PDF

Results
Plant growth promotion
Only one of 14 strains tested that stimulated the growth of clover or alfalfa also stimulated
the growth of non-legumes. In greenhouse experiments, R. leguminosarum bv. trifolii R39,
isolated from red clover nodules, promoted the shoot growth of wheat, maize, oil radish,
rape and mustard about 19 to 33 %, in comparison with non-inoculated controls. In field
experiments on loamy sand seed inoculations with peat formulations of strain R39
significantly and consistently stimulated the growth of red clover, clover-grass-mixtures (7
%), maize (10 %), spring wheat 8 %), spring barley (16 %) and oil radish (21 %)[1, 2, 3].
On sandy loam the effects on non-legumes were not significant. Also, not all maize varieties
reacted with a growth stimulation to Rhizobium inoculation [2].
In field experiments both the uptake of nitrogen [15-16 %+], phosphorus [16-23 %+],
potassium [21-30 %+] in the juvenile stage of maize, and the yield of shoots [13-16 %+] and
roots [10-22 %+] was significant stimulated [2].

ABSTRACT
Rhizobium leguminosarum bv. trifolii strain R39, isolated from red clover nodules, in field
experiments on loamy sand, stimulated not only the growth of red clover but also the
growth of maize, spring wheat, spring barley and oil radish. After seed inoculation, this
strain colonized the rhizosphere of these plants and migrated to nearby non-inoculated
spontaneous weed plants. Following crop harvest the Rhizobium strain was able to re-
establish in the rhizosphere of plants subsequently grown in the same plots. Microbiological
and electron microscopical investigations on maize and wheat showed, that R39 had
colonized the rhizoplane of the active growing roots [zone of emerging laterals and root tip
mucigel]. The production of phytoeffective metabolites by strain 39 may be important for
the stimulation of root growth and nutrient uptake by plants.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Cap, would like to order nute and foliar pk but ebay keeps adding shipping to each one. What to do?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
This is the only place to get them at this time: There is no discount, as that is the farm price, meaning the only people who know about this product come from here for now.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Got the packs today, thanks Cap. For 8"to 12" seedlings outside in soil seems like the dosage would be 1 tbl each/gal of the nute and root? What about 3 weeks into flower in soil inside?

dorjewright

dorjewright

Got the packs today, thanks Cap. For 8"to 12" seedlings outside in soil seems like the dosage would be 1 tbl each/gal of the nute and root? What about 3 weeks into flower in soil inside?
Ooops: that would be in a tea.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ooops: that would be in a tea.

It's the same diluton for tea, or mixed directly with water. In the tea, you will be multiplying your beneficials as well as gettign them out of stasis prior to application. This is why the tea is better.

dorjewright

dorjewright

It's the same diluton for tea, or mixed directly with water. In the tea, you will be multiplying your beneficials as well as gettign them out of stasis prior to application. This is why the tea is better.
I'm not clear on how much per gallon to add to the tea. Seems like 1 tbs/gal is over kill. I will be hand feeding in soil.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I'm not clear on how much per gallon to add to the tea. Seems like 1 tbs/gal is over kill. I will be hand feeding in soil.
Those are the manufactures recommended rates. You can use however much you want.

The tea is used @ 1 cup tea per 5 gallons of water when you water in.

5 gallons of water, add a cup of tea, stir. Water.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
1 teaspoon per gallon

Its actually one tblsoon, but you can use less if you like.

However, when makign tea you are multiplying so I imagine 1 teaspoon may work. Perghaps even less. I use a tablespoon. One 5 gallon batch of tea for me treats abotu 400 gallons of reservoir.

Thoth

Thoth

Wow. This is where it all started. You've come so far in such a short time! Nice work, Cap.

outwest

Yeah, it's pretty interesting to see. Things progressed quickly once this thread was made!

Top Bottom