Interested In Real Spores Without The "fluff"

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yeah, it's pretty interesting to see. Things progressed quickly once this thread was made!

Tell me about it! I can barely keep up with everyone and the website is about to go live.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Will a spreader like Humbolt's Sticky kill the bacteria in the tea? If I don't use something the spray just beads on the leaves.

click80

click80

You know, from my limited understanding of the complexity of teas, i really don't think anything non-ionic and organic will hurt. I personally know for a fact that Coco-Wet works. I used it the first time (w/Caps Foliar) and had an immediate SAR response. The only other explanation could have been that divine intervention was at work. I started getting 9 petal leaves again, and i could just tell. I do know that the only other times I have seen this is when I ordered and used the Employ Harpin Protein, and another time when I used Willow Water for a foliar. Either way, i have had this strain for three years and I know when it hits a SAR. I think the molasses is the better choice and Dr Ingham has said that for smaller applications, molasses is ideal.

dorjewright

dorjewright

I use molasses too but still get beading. Sprayed yesterday using Sticky, everyone looks terrific this morning but no way of knowing if the bacteria are still alive of course.

O

Organicyumyum

The foliar pack and the root pack together are the ticket for bug prevention and root protection. foliar pack for the fungus gnats, root pack for root health and overall plant vigor and stress resistance.

My packs put great white to shame IMHO. 5 billion spores per gram compared to 250,000.

that they do. Great White is a complete waste of money! I just wiped out my entire root aphid infestation with Caps packs, and that is no lie! I was about ready to say F it and use some merit, but then decided to give organic one last try and got Caps packs. My plants are now healthier than theyve ever been and the root aphids are 100 percent toast!

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

I use molasses too but still get beading. Sprayed yesterday using Sticky, everyone looks terrific this morning but no way of knowing if the bacteria are still alive of course.
There are 2.5 billion microbes found in one gram of soil. The average kitchen sponge contains 7.2 billion microbes. The number of microbes in 5 gallons of tea is in the trillions. Will adding yucca extract to a tea kill some microbes? Yes. Yucca extract can be used in high concentration to kill cyanobacteria, the green/blue-green algae that shows up in hydro tanks and soil surfaces. The bacteria profile can be quantified in a high tech lab w/ all of the bells and whistles. Growers can look at some of the larger microbes, ie nematodes, protozoa, hyphae through a microscope to get a general idea about the health of a tea but this should not be confused w/ a complete profile.
The rule of thumb- 200 ppm or less of 100% yucca extract, (do the math w/ composite formulas) will not present any problems to the general microbe population of a tea. Observing plant health is an old fashioned, but effective way of judging the quality of your tea, nute and soil program.

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

A test designed to quantify the richness of soil by creating statistical models from soil samples taken from Alaskan and Minnesota found 5,000 and 2,000 different bacterial species per 0.5 grams of soil, respectively. Only 20% of the bacteria appeared to be endemic to both soils which speaks to the diversity, complexity and the vast number of interrelationships and processes in the bacterial communities and organisms responsible for sustaining all of life.

Only a tiny fraction of these organisms can be cultivated upon laboratory culture media. Scientists have yet to provide appropriate culture conditions for the vast majority of soil microbes. Many live in complex communities in which individuals cross-feed one another in a manner that cannot be replicated when the microbes are placed in artificial culture. The microbial activity of soil is severely underestimated using artificial culture. An estimate of the microbial activity of soil is further influenced by the fact that many soil bacteria and fungi are present as dormant spores. These may germinate when brought into contact with a rich artificial growth medium.

Soils contain many aerobic and facultative organisms and, because of the microbial manipulation of microenvironments, soils may harbour a large number of obligate anaerobes. Bacteria are the largest group of soil microbes, both in total number and in diversity. Indeed the presence of bacteria gives freshly dug soil its characteristic ‘earthy’ smell. The odor is that of geosmin, a secondary metabolite produced by streptomycete bacteria.

Both bacteria and fungi provide an abundant source of food for soil protozoa. The most commonly encountered soil protozoa include flagellates and amoebas. The abundance of such creatures depends upon the quantity and type of organic matter present in the soil sample. Protozoa play a key role in the regulation and maintenance of the equilibrium of soil microbes. Whereas many microbes obtain their nutrients from solution, protozoa are frequently found to be of a scavenging nature, obtaining their nutrients by devouring other microbes.

Biologic Nitrogen Cycle
Inorganic nitrogen compounds such as nitrates, nitrites and ammonia are converted into organic nitrogen compounds such as proteins and nucleic acids in the process of nitrogen assimilation. Many bacteria reduce nitrates to nitrites and some bacteria further reduce nitrites to ammonia. Ammonium salts may then be incorporated into organic polymers in the process of assimilatory nitrate reduction. Ammonia is primarily fixed into organic matter by way of amino acids such as glutamate and glutamine. Other nitrogen compounds can be made from these.

Bacteria are also involved in the inorganic cycling of nitrogen compounds. Nitrifying bacteria are responsible for the biological oxidation of ammonia. These bacteria are chemolithotrophs, obtaining chemical energy from the oxidation process. This energy is used to elaborate organic compounds from carbon dioxide. Nitrifying bacteria such as those of the genus Nitrosomonas produce nitrite ions from the oxidation of ammonia. Bacteria of the genus Nitrobacter and a few other genera can oxidize nitrites to nitrates.

Nitrates may be used by some bacteria instead of oxygen for a type of respiration referred to as dissimilatory nitrate reduction. During this process, nitrate is reduced to nitrite and thence to ammonia. This may then be assimilated into organic compounds as described above. Not all bacteria follow this pathway, however. Bacteria of the genus Pseudomonas, micrococci and Thiobacillus species can reduce nitrates to liberate nitrogen gas into the environment.

To complete the inorganic nitrogen cycle, nitrogen gas must be fixed in a form that can be used by living organisms. Nitrogen is converted into ammonia in the process of nitrogen fixation. Bacteria are the only life-forms capable of the biological fixation of nitrogen. They are of vital importance if life is to continue on this planet.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I really have a hard time talking to you, love your bennie's but whats with David Hasselhoff ?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I really have a hard time talking to you, love your bennie's but whats with David Hasselhoff ?

What's with the "what's with the David Hasselhoff" ;)

'The Hoff'

outwest

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
What's with the "what's with the David Hasselhoff" ;)

'The Hoff'

outwest
I think he is slime and I like cap's bennies the hoff ? is he a role model? Not being rude outwest if you like him then so do I :)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hasselhoff%2Bawesome.jpg

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
You nailed it Disambiguator. I'm only stalking 'The Hoff' to get at his talking car. That shit is tits!

outwest

T

tumblew33d

Hey y'all, been digging through this thread for days and so much good info here. Still have some questions though. Got the dreaded root aphids at my veg nursery and thus in flower too, been battling them since February...sigh. We're in soilless cocofiber.

Anyway, the thing I am needing some clarification on is how well the foliar pack would work in flower. We use mostly soul synthetics and so lots of phosphorus at this stage. I was reading the article regarding fungi and phosphorus and understand the carbon drain effect. Just need to clarify, this would apply to the fungi strains found in the foliar pack?

(FYI, The only thing I've used for RAs so far that seems to kill the f'ers without wrecking my plants is Botanigard but haven't tried it in flower yet since I didn't want to waste it in case the high nute levels killed off the spores. In veg I don't think it is going to colonize my rhizosphere but seems to kill RAs on contact. Tons of dead ones in my trays after the botanigard treatments)

Could I use the foliar pack in flower with weekly treatments that kill on contact but phosphorus levels prevent rhizosphere colonization? Or should I really avoid the foliar pack in flower because the fungi WILL colonize but then suck carbon out?

..avoid the fungi all together because it will establish in rhizosphere while in veg, then the plants will suffer once they flip?

Really don't want to go the Bayer route but if I can't effectively use these virulent fungi due to our nutrients, then..guh..

Latest posts

Top Bottom