Intro by DebsKidShane - Brand new member - seeking feedback in real time, thanks.

• Thread starter DebsKidShane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DebsKidShane

DebsKidShane

I hope 4th time is a charm. Today is Day 64. My previous 3 attempts failed miserable, too many mistakes to mention, however, I finally have a golden opportunity, I sprung for a large grow tent, proper HPS /AMP setup, airflow, filtered, etc.). I have a detailed log and saved two girls from near death, one recovered nicely, the other is still struggling, but still producing. All that being said, I'm posting some pics here to get general feedback. As I said, these pics are from today (week 9.1 or Day 64, Flower Cycle began on day 35 or Dec. 20, today would be week 4.1 of Flower Cycle). The medium is FF CocoCoir, and I followed the Soil chart perfectly so far with nutrients and flushing. I have a microscope holstered to be ready for dialing back the correct nutrients and begin flushing for taste prior to harvest. Next week (Week 10) will begin Big/Tiger Bloom only (no more HydroGrowBig or CalMag). My goal is 1 lb.

Day 21
Intro by debskidshane   brand new member   seeking feedback in real time thanks

Day 57
Intro by debskidshane   brand new member   seeking feedback in real time thanks 4

Day 64 (Today)
Intro by debskidshane   brand new member   seeking feedback in real time thanks 7

Intro by debskidshane   brand new member   seeking feedback in real time thanks 9

Intro by debskidshane   brand new member   seeking feedback in real time thanks 10

I saved this girl, she actually suffered a small drought during Veg, she seems to be focusing on buds now. Another like her in the back suffered worse, stunted, but producing buds.
Day 64 2

Intro by debskidshane   brand new member   seeking feedback in real time thanks 8
Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I hope 4th time is a charm. Today is Day 64. My previous 3 attempts failed miserable, too many mistakes to mention, however, I finally have a golden opportunity, I sprung for a large grow tent, proper HPS /AMP setup, airflow, filtered, etc.). I have a detailed log and saved two girls from near death, one recovered nicely, the other is still struggling, but still producing. All that being said, I'm posting some pics here to get general feedback. As I said, these pics are from today (week 9.1 or Day 64, Flower Cycle began on day 35 or Dec. 20, today would be week 4.1 of Flower Cycle). The medium is FF CocoCoir, and I followed the Soil chart perfectly so far with nutrients and flushing. I have a microscope holstered to be ready for dialing back the correct nutrients and begin flushing for taste prior to harvest. Next week (Week 10) will begin Big/Tiger Bloom only (no more HydroGrowBig or CalMag). My goal is 1 lb.

Day 21
View attachment 2104799

Day 57
View attachment 2104802

Day 64 (Today)
View attachment 2104805

View attachment 2104807
View attachment 2104808

I saved this girl, she actually suffered a small drought during Veg, she seems to be focusing on buds now. Another like her in the back suffered worse, stunted, but producing buds.
View attachment 2104809
Welcome to the farm. That was a nitrogen overdose. Not just a dryout. That was bad.
Glad it’s still producing for you. I’m pretty sure you won’t have to use any n For the rest of this run.
These dates you are giving….
Is that from sprout or flip?

DebsKidShane

DebsKidShane

Welcome to the farm. That was a nitrogen overdose. Not just a dryout. That was bad.
Glad it’s still producing for you. I’m pretty sure you won’t have to use any n For the rest of this run.
These dates you are giving….
Is that from sprout or flip?
When I see the tap root (I use wet paper towel method), I drop her into the only pot she will ever know, is day one. I'll follow up in week 8 of flower progress, thank you for your feedback.

DebsKidShane

DebsKidShane

Welcome! Looks great so far. I do notice more stretching between nodes. What is your light setup?
Hi Lex, I'm using the 1000W HPS bulb. I have a MH 1000W bulb as well, but I prefer to just use the HPS the whole grow. I'll post day 77 (yesterday) pics today, I wish I could include smell - a - vision. Best regards, Shane.

DebsKidShane

DebsKidShane

Total Days of grow as of Jan. 31 = 77 days. Total days in Flower Stage 42 days (6 weeks). I expect the next couple weeks to be on point! Looks like I'll have about 70% of the plants ready for dry/cure in about 2 or 3 more weeks. The other 30% of my plants will need 4 or 5 more weeks. Just for reference, all the giant plants in there crowded some out, but the seed is Mango Smoothie, and it loves this grow setup. (6 MangoSmoothie-HY; 3 Skywalker-INDY; 2 Amnesia Lem-SAT = 11 total)

I've been wet trimming from the bottom up, leaving some fan leaves on in the taller parts, but already cut a few of those off as well, let the light get down deeper. It's been helping, I'm seeing better and bulkier buds lower on the pole as well.

I watered yesterday, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom only per the FoxFarm Chart. I did add Bembe and Cha-Ching for the first time ever based on Week 11 of the FoxFarm chart, I hope it takes the flavor to a kick ass level. I also began pushing more water through last night. Each plant got about 2.5 times their pot size.

I need an avg of 1.4oz per plant to reach my 1 lb goal (11 plants). I only want to grow one time per year (Oct. 31 thur Feb each year), then put the tent away. I'll follow up in a couple weeks.

I appreciate the feedback and moral support, as usual, best regards, Shane.

Day 77 4
Day 77 6
Day 77 9
Day 77 10
Day 77 11
Day 77 15

DebsKidShane

DebsKidShane

Day 99 (9 weeks, 1 day of flowering), Five will be ready any day, checked under microscope, half the trichomes are cloudy, no amber at all. I'll check every 12 hours, and expect to take them with all cloudy and small signs of amber, at least that's what my grow guide says. I wet trimmed several times to allow the lowest buds to see light and develop more fully.

I had to open the floor vents in the tent to get the humidity down and under control, as I flushed them three days ago 2x pot size while giving 1/2 dose of final flowering week nutrients to the most mature. Pots are still wet, but humidity is at 50%, no signs of mold, no signs of bugs, checked every 12 hours, humidity gets to 70% in the evening, so I open the floor vents and have a fan outside the tent blowing the air through the bottom, drops the humidity quickly.

Lesson Learned so far:
Add 2nd carbon filter.
2. Use 3gal pots only to allow for maximum and even light distr (I have five 5gal, five 3gal, one 1gal).
3gal pot would allow for 12 plants (4x4x8)
3. Keep your seeds organized. I am not sure what is on the label is the actual strain of the plant growing (I co-mingled some seeds, I'm sure)
4. Begin next grow at least 2 to 4 weeks earlier, as I would rather harvest all by no later than Feb. 28. My goal is to grow at the coldest time of year when most of my neighbors stay indoors, and it is simply too hot any other time of year where I live.
5. The smell is THICK. I have to crack open doors, and blow everything out each morning. ONi is spread all around the the outside of the tent, and multiple exhaust vents can be activated, regardless, it is strong after the light goes off at 0830. I am eager to harvest and begin drying because I know the smell will only get worse, hence the need for my grow to be over by now.

Day 99 1
Day 99 3
Day 99 4
Day 99 8
Day 99 9

Newty

Newty

Use 3gal pots only to allow for maximum and even light distr (I have five 5gal, five 3gal, one 1gal).
3gal pot would allow for 12 plants (4x4x8)
12 - 3 gallon pots sounds like a lot to me for a 4x4. I would say go for 4-6 maybe 8 and Scrog, more bud from less seeds.

I have a 8x4 and I would do at most 12 - 3 gallon pots and that would be pretty full. I currently use 6 - 3 gallon pots, I'm adding 2 more next grow for a total of 8. I might go to 10 one day but I think 8 is a good number so I can space plants apart more and take advantage of using Scrog more.

Those are just my thoughts on it, someone who runs a 4x4 can give you a better idea of the most plants you should be running while still having comfortable space.

I guess it also depends on if your 3 gallons are more tall and skinny or short and wide.

Last edited:
JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
You got some good plants going on... I used to be an avid FOX FARM user... i will say switching to advanced nutrient line up from fox farm for me... my yields grew about 50% and had way better solid buds better tasting buds over fox farm.... if your ever deciding to make the switch off fox farm... I will say Gove advanced nutrients a shot... way more$$$ but I will not go back to FF

DebsKidShane

DebsKidShane

You got some good plants going on... I used to be an avid FOX FARM user... i will say switching to advanced nutrient line up from fox farm for me... my yields grew about 50% and had way better solid buds better tasting buds over fox farm.... if your ever deciding to make the switch off fox farm... I will say Gove advanced nutrients a shot... way more$$$ but I will not go back to FF
Great advice, I appreciate that, I am still a newbie and this is the first time I will be able to get a decent yield.

DebsKidShane

DebsKidShane

Day 111, Day 76 of flower, 11 weeks in flower as of tomorrow. I expect to harvest my most mature tonight or tomorrow. I looked under the USB camera last night and 50%-60% are cloudy. My other 5 are not quite there yet. I reduced my HPS output to 50% and began cooling the tent each morning and night. The attached pic, you can see my Temp/Humidity at the bottom of the tent. I have been able to keep it btwn 60 and 67% humidity.

The 5 most mature have been flushed with 2-3x pot size several times in the last 8 days, I got the ppm down to below 150 each time. I am letting those pots dry out which they are almost dry. The other 5 have been flushed for the first time two nights ago and will get no more nutrients, as I expect they will be ready by next week.

QUESTION: Should I wait until I see a little bit of amber tips, or should I harvest at 75% cloudy?

Day 109 8
Day 109 1

DebsKidShane

DebsKidShane

THOUGHTS on my USB camera photos attached? I'm believe I'm seeing over 50% milky, however, when I look through my palm microscope, I see some amber tips, about 10%. My gut tells me to harvest these within 24 hours or when the pot soil is dry (which it will be in 24 hours).

Any feedback is greatly appreceiated, I don't want to miss my window for some potent bud!
Day 110 2
Day 110 8

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Day 111, Day 76 of flower, 11 weeks in flower as of tomorrow. I expect to harvest my most mature tonight or tomorrow. I looked under the USB camera last night and 50%-60% are cloudy. My other 5 are not quite there yet. I reduced my HPS output to 50% and began cooling the tent each morning and night. The attached pic, you can see my Temp/Humidity at the bottom of the tent. I have been able to keep it btwn 60 and 67% humidity.

The 5 most mature have been flushed with 2-3x pot size several times in the last 8 days, I got the ppm down to below 150 each time. I am letting those pots dry out which they are almost dry. The other 5 have been flushed for the first time two nights ago and will get no more nutrients, as I expect they will be ready by next week.

QUESTION: Should I wait until I see a little bit of amber tips, or should I harvest at 75% cloudy?

View attachment 2130931View attachment 2130932
Great job bouncing back 👍

DebsKidShane

DebsKidShane

What’s up with the colors? Using some kind of contrast? Keep in mind. You don’t have to chop it all at once.
I know. The USB camera app I'm using is clunky at best. I don't trust it 100%, I use a mini microscope, and jewelers key to see consistency across all three methods. I'm paranoid about it, because I'm 0 for 3 in getting a good yield, this should be my 1 for 4 big win, and I have some experience now. All the best, thanks for checking it out.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Well, it looks like you’ve done a great job! I grow outdoors, and have never harvested an entire plant at once! Right from the get-go, I always considered when to chop, to be a growers responsibility to make the call. You know what to look for! No substitute for being there.. good job!

DebsKidShane

DebsKidShane

Well, it looks like you’ve done a great job! I grow outdoors, and have never harvested an entire plant at once! Right from the get-go, I always considered when to chop, to be a growers responsibility to make the call. You know what to look for! No substitute for being there.. good job!
Kind words for sure. I only have one 4 tier dry bag, the first four filled it right up. I had to improvise. I'm ordering another dry bag now. I feel like I graduated from being a novice. The advice along the way was very helpful. Still some lessons learned, and I will take JKash advice and give Advanced Nutrients a try. I never grew outdoors, I would like to try that one day.

Day 112 2
Day 112 9
Day 112 14

Latest posts

Top Bottom