Intro to group

• Thread starter oldschoolgranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oldschoolgranny

Hello Logic and all- New to the forum but not to gardening my favorite crop. I am way far from being an expert. I am not used to all of the fancy equipment, new additives, new techniques. I have spent an interesting afternoon reading the archives, and I am grateful for it being there. Thanks! Long way and many threads left to read still.
My current grow of 9 plants was started by a medical grower that clones. I picked up the plants about 3 weeks ago. I suddenly have 2 flowering plants in the group of them. I assume they are autoflowering because I currently have them on 24 hour lighting. Never happened to me before, but I have never used clones before either. I did read the archive thread on the subject, which is how I found you folks. Sigh. These ladies are far too small to start flowering- less than 2 feet tall. Cultivars Girl Scout Cookies and Lemon Kush are the ones popping first flowers. I know they will keep growing for a bit, but dang it! I wanted fat grrls.
I live in the beautiful Northern Michigan area. I grow indoors. This is the first year growing under LED lights and I am well-pleased so far. Before I picked up my MJ plants, I had tomatoes and peppers growing under them and they went into the garden very happy and strong. I am using the Wakyme 1200 Watt, Veg/Bloom button LEDs. My electric bill has not even changed. MY MJ plants have tripled in size both tall and wide.
I have only ever used natural fertilizers in the past (and currently). Basic raised bed soil mixed well with worm castings, coffee grounds, moo poop (composted), chicken manure (composted) powdered egg shells, wood ash, and a half handful of Epsom Salts per 5 gallon bucket. I have ordered a 3rd light so I can separate the flowering ladies under a bloom light setting. I bought Fish Emulsion, but really don't want to use it indoors, PHEW! LOL. Guess I'll have to get over it. Oh, and I add in a few red worms to every bucket. They keep the roots happy for me. Sure look forward to talking to y'all, because I sure do not talk to people here about my plants.
Sorry for the long intro, but I am excited to be here. There is much to learn here, even though I have been growing since the early 70's. Thanks and happy growing!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello Logic and all- New to the forum but not to gardening my favorite crop. I am way far from being an expert. I am not used to all of the fancy equipment, new additives, new techniques. I have spent an interesting afternoon reading the archives, and I am grateful for it being there. Thanks! Long way and many threads left to read still.
My current grow of 9 plants was started by a medical grower that clones. I picked up the plants about 3 weeks ago. I suddenly have 2 flowering plants in the group of them. I assume they are autoflowering because I currently have them on 24 hour lighting. Never happened to me before, but I have never used clones before either. I did read the archive thread on the subject, which is how I found you folks. Sigh. These ladies are far too small to start flowering- less than 2 feet tall. Cultivars Girl Scout Cookies and Lemon Kush are the ones popping first flowers. I know they will keep growing for a bit, but dang it! I wanted fat grrls.
I live in the beautiful Northern Michigan area. I grow indoors. This is the first year growing under LED lights and I am well-pleased so far. Before I picked up my MJ plants, I had tomatoes and peppers growing under them and they went into the garden very happy and strong. I am using the Wakyme 1200 Watt, Veg/Bloom button LEDs. My electric bill has not even changed. MY MJ plants have tripled in size both tall and wide.
I have only ever used natural fertilizers in the past (and currently). Basic raised bed soil mixed well with worm castings, coffee grounds, moo poop (composted), chicken manure (composted) powdered egg shells, wood ash, and a half handful of Epsom Salts per 5 gallon bucket. I have ordered a 3rd light so I can separate the flowering ladies under a bloom light setting. I bought Fish Emulsion, but really don't want to use it indoors, PHEW! LOL. Guess I'll have to get over it. Oh, and I add in a few red worms to every bucket. They keep the roots happy for me. Sure look forward to talking to y'all, because I sure do not talk to people here about my plants.
Sorry for the long intro, but I am excited to be here. There is much to learn here, even though I have been growing since the early 70's. Thanks and happy growing!
Welcome to the farm @oldschoolgranny looking forward to a grow diary.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome to the farm. You knowledge and love for the plant is welcome on the farm. We are all like minded individuals. Happy to have you. As aquaman said, looking forward to a diary. Happy grows.
Burnz

NorCalGal

NorCalGal

Hello, OldSchoolGranny!
I'm brand new here too and am happy to make your acquaintance. My plants are currently growing outside, but I plan to bring them in once they go into flowering, so have taken note of your lighting (and soil for next time) info. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Growing!
NorCal Gal

O

oldschoolgranny

Hello, OldSchoolGranny!
I'm brand new here too and am happy to make your acquaintance. My plants are currently growing outside, but I plan to bring them in once they go into flowering, so have taken note of your lighting (and soil for next time) info. Thanks for sharing.
Happy Growing!
NorCal Gal
Thanks a bunch! My soil mix works well for me. Don't forget the wood ash. Just a solid handful mixed in well will do. It acts a bit like lime, so not too much. Provides Potassium and a bunch of trace minerals. Oh, and make sure that wood burned for the ash was not treated wood. That would be like feeding your ladies poison.
It's fun to talk to other growers. Hope your grow does well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom