Introducing Scynce LED Grow Lights

• Thread starter ScynceLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rebis

Rebis

That is the perfect application and time frame. Nice job finding out about the nighttime trick and thanks for sharing it!
Can you explain the battery backup? Very interested in this feature.

I'm currently vegging under a "vintage" original BloomBoss Fusion 600 in a 2' x 4' x 4' tent, and then flowering with a SPYDR 2x in a homemade/insulated 4' x 4' x 5.5' box. Going pretty well, but can't seem to get the Scynce stuff out of my head. Would be nice to try a Kale in the veg tent.

ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter
As you can see on Migro's video, all UV LEDs are UV-A light which is not what we need for increasing THC. We need UV-B light in the 280nm-315nm. All the links you posted are UV-A LEDs in the 365nm-395nm range, which will only give you a sun tan and do nothing for the resin and THC production. Currently, there are no such things as UV-B LEDs, not yet.

The science behind this is NOT a mystery unlike what most people think. The science is actually rock solid in regards to the mechanism of UV-B light increasing THC. The science is this -- It is known that UV-B stimulates Phenylalanine and Malonyl-CoA production in cannabis. Malonyl-CoA is the main component for producing Olivtol which is the organic compound responsible for THC production in cannabis.

Currently the best options are using UV-B reptile lights or AgroMax T5 True UV-B for late flowering light supplementation.
That's not quite the whole story. You can buy UVB or UVC chips: http://www.seoulviosys.com/en/product/PKG/?sub=13&seq=23

You are correct that UVB has been proven to stimulate the plant and ultimately increase the production of THC. What the science hasn't told us yet is the frequency and dosage to optimize this photomorphological process. There is a TON of anecdotal data however there are no proven recommendations on exactly how much and how often to dose your plants with UVB to maximize things.

Last edited:
ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter
Can you explain the battery backup? Very interested in this feature.

If there is a power outage, the clock in the light resets. The battery back-up send the proper time to the light in this instance so that the recipes run on the proper schedule.

Andy

Andy

This is a relevant thread for me at the mo. So if you want the best UV spectrum, wouldn't CMH be the way to go?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is a relevant thread for me at the mo. So if you want the best UV spectrum, wouldn't CMH be the way to go?

Yes in my opinion the included uvb is helpful. Led lamps do not have uvb which is proven to increase potency.

That said proper light coverage and intensity, proper temps, proper feeding all can make more of a difference than just adding uvb.

Rebis

Rebis

Yes in my opinion the included uvb is helpful. Led lamps do not have uvb which is proven to increase potency.

That said proper light coverage and intensity, proper temps, proper feeding all can make more of a difference than just adding uvb.
I've made the switch from CMH in a DWC set up to LED (Fluence SPYDR 2x) in a top feeding Coco setup, and when grown in the proper conditions adhering to VPD, consistent feeding schedules, etc., the girls absolutely explode under an LED.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I've made the switch from CMH in a DWC set up to LED (Fluence SPYDR 2x) in a top feeding Coco setup, and when grown in the proper conditions adhering to VPD, consistent feeding schedules, etc., the girls absolutely explode under an LED.

Not arguing that. There is proof out there that cmh gave higher thc than led.

You can supplement of course with uv flourescent tubes.

I dont worry about it personally. But it is worth up to 5% more thc. 18% went up to 23% i have seen in tests.

Rebis

Rebis

I dont worry about it personally. But it is worth up to 5% more thc. 18% went up to 23% i have seen in tests.
That's very cool to know. I meant to echo your sentiment in my last post, that there are many more factors to a healthy plant other than the light they're eating.

I've turned so many people onto your grow. Huge fan myself.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That's very cool to know. I meant to echo your sentiment in my last post, that there are many more factors to a healthy plant other than the light they're eating.

I've turned so many people onto your grow. Huge fan myself.

Thank you. I have a pretty basic grow. Easy as possible. Plant health and environment is more important than all these other things.

Andy

Andy

Interesting - what about flavour/taste? Does the extra UV add quality in this area?

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

it comes from somewhere

My understanding is you're making a trade off, more THC for a drop in the other cannibinoids.

I can't say for certain, but my instinct is it might negatively impact tastes depending on what you're trying to do.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Interesting - what about flavour/taste? Does the extra UV add quality in this area?

There is some non cannabis proof of uva helping with more flavanoids. But nothing more i have found. Sulfer is involved in smell and flavor. One of the reasons for finishing with mag sulfate. Epsom salts.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

it comes from somewhere

My understanding is you're making a trade off, more THC for a drop in the other cannibinoids.

I can't say for certain, but my instinct is it might negatively impact tastes depending on what you're trying to do.

No other canabanoids dont lower. But they dont get higher from uvb either. Doesnt affect cbd according to tests.

And it certainly doesnt affect flavor negatively in my experience. The blue in full spectrum lighting increases plant health overall so it can increase flavor too.

Andy

Andy

There is some non cannabis proof of uva helping with more flavanoids. But nothing more i have found. Sulfer is involved in smell and flavor. One of the reasons for finishing with mag sulfate. Epsom salts.
Very interesting thanks for that. I'll look into mag sulphate. Apart from genetics, drying/curing, light quality and assuming the environment is dialed in, is there anything else you wouldn't mind suggesting for increasing flavour/taste? I'm on a mission to increase quality..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Very interesting thanks for that. I'll look into mag sulphate. Apart from genetics, drying/curing, light quality and assuming the environment is dialed in, is there anything else you wouldn't mind suggesting for increasing flavour/taste? I'm on a mission to increase quality..

After environment and not overfeeding i think letting the flowers truly finish ripening is the biggest thing for potency, complexity and flavor/smell. I tend to let what they call 8 week strains go 10 and 10 go 12. Huge difference. Everyone noticed. Also keeping the plant healthy to the end rather than starving and fading it increased yield and potency. Taper nutes down last few weeks rather than flush or switch to water only.

The closer to feeding only what the plants need has resulted in better weed for me. When i need to flush out excess or dont get the ec right i can tell the flowers are not as good.

I also feel a good healthy veg with little stress is important. Even if a veg plant is recovered it never seems to perform as well.

Andy

Andy

Amazing, this is incredibly appreciated. It's down on my list - I always end up with a runoff that gathers in strength until it's way too high - I'll see how I can manage that a bit better.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Amazing, this is incredibly appreciated. It's down on my list - I always end up with a runoff that gathers in strength until it's way too high - I'll see how I can manage that a bit better.

I stagger my plants about 10 days apart on average for harvests every week or two and have had the ability to run pairs of clones to test all of these things side by side in my grow. I tested light bulbs, organic, chemical, flushing, lst, hst etc. over a couple years. Granted they are my results in my grow but some things were very obvious.

Andy

Andy

I stagger my plants about 10 days apart on average for harvests every week or two and have had the ability to run pairs of clones to test all of these things side by side in my grow. I tested light bulbs, organic, chemical, flushing, lst, hst etc. over a couple years. Granted they are my results in my grow but some things were very obvious.
I've just started reading your thread now - so useful, love what you do.

Top Bottom