Introduction? Whattup yall...

• Thread starter ..HIGHLYxLYFETD..
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I would call it week 5. What's the breeder harvest timeline?

If you have a jewelers loupe or something that can give you a good magnified look at the trichomes you can tell when it's time to harvest. The trichomes should be milky white with a few starting to get amber in color. The loupe I have cost me $6 on amazon.

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

I think you might be on point with 4 or 5 weeks in flower.

My harvest advice would be post pictures of what you think is ready and let other people give their opinion. Then when you really think they are done, wait another week and chop.
Nice nice... really? So when they really seem ready wait another full week? Oh, and what's your opinion on what's it 36 or 48 hours of dark before harvest? I hear a Lotta ppl swear by it and other professional growers that don't.

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

I would call it week 5. What's the breeder harvest timeline?

If you have a jewelers loupe or something that can give you a good magnified look at the trichomes you can tell when it's time to harvest. The trichomes should be milky white with a few starting to get amber in color. The loupe I have cost me $6 on amazon.
Yeah i just ordered one of those. Breeder says 7-9 weeks

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

I've been finding a lot of this stuff really cheap on Amazon. Thank God right? A lot of it's crap tho. Got a Co2/rh/temp sensor for $35, it broke connecting to wifi... froze, then shut off, now it's dead. Oh well, live n learn I guess. Lol

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Nice nice... really? So when they really seem ready wait another full week? Oh, and what's your opinion on what's it 36 or 48 hours of dark before harvest? I hear a Lotta ppl swear by it and other professional growers that don't.
My opinion is that it is bro science and doesnt do anything for the plant. Just like flushing before harvest.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
When you are ready she will find you!!! Wait a second that’s DMT 😂 all joking aside I’m glad you are here. Welcome to the farm there’s lots of ppl here who can help.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Since these are autos I would stick closer to their harvest time. That would mean you should start checking trichomes at the end of next week to see where they are and to be able to know when it's time to harvest. If they were photo period seeds then I would say plan your harvest a week or two after like Goodshit mentioned. Don't forget how important the dry and cure process is in this whole thing. You don't want to grow some greasy flower only to ruin it in cure.

Last edited:
..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Hey good looks everyone, appreciate the advice.
Another question, anyone ever use those grove bags "terp lock" to do your cure? I ordered couple oz and half oz bags, and the ball jars. Hahai got pink glass jars for my pink Runtz! Lmao... lmk yalls thoughts.

Screenshot 20221219 132806 Amazon Shopping
..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Another question, anyone ever use those grove bags "terp lock" to do your cure? I ordered couple oz and half oz bags, and the ball jars. Hahai got pink glass jars for my pink Runtz! Lmao... lmk yalls thoughts.
So I'm just gonna do both, and see what kinda results I get.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I've read a little on the grove bags and they seem fine. Never used them before but some on here really like them.

Just as a guide, I have a 5 x 5 tent and I filled 4 one gallon pickle jars and a few of the jars like you ordered. I have a feeling those little jars aren't going to be enough but lets see how your grow comes out and go from there.

BTW the whole "dark before light" thing is not scientifically supported. I also believed that to be true but once I read up I saw that it wasn't really doing anything. I was told it made them start sprouting flower pistil faster and when I did it it seemed to work but then again I also used some Advanced Nutrients Bud Exciter so it was probably more that and not the dark period.

Last edited:
..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

I've read a little on the grove bags and they seem fine. Never used them before but some on here really like them.

Just as a guide, I have a 5 x 5 tent and I filled 4 one gallon pickle jars and a few of the jars like you ordered. I have a feeling those little jars aren't going to be enough but lets see how your grow comes out and go from there.

BTW the whole "dark before light" thing is not scientifically supported. I also believed that to be true but once I read up I saw that it wasn't really doing anything. I was told it made them start sprouting flower pistil faster and when I did it it seemed to work but then again I also used some Advanced Nutrients Bud Exciter so it was probably more that and not the dark period.
Thank you, and hey, let's hope your right. That's Def a problem I wouldn't mind having.

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Hey got a problem on my hands... ok, in my 4x4 tent I have as of now 4 photo periods(3 bootylicious, 1 albarino'), 2 autos flowering and a seedling of purple cotton candy auto, waiting another phantom cookies auto...

Idk what to do about my photos? Do i rob my auto's of light to flower my photos, which are now almost 4 feet but yellowing cuz I think they outgrowing they containers... right now I have 300 watts led over just 2 auto's....410 total in my 4x4... any advice i would love.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Hey got a problem on my hands... ok, in my 4x4 tent I have as of now 4 photo periods(3 bootylicious, 1 albarino'), 2 autos flowering and a seedling of purple cotton candy auto, waiting another phantom cookies auto...

Idk what to do about my photos? Do i rob my auto's of light to flower my photos, which are now almost 4 feet but yellowing cuz I think they outgrowing they containers... right now I have 300 watts led over just 2 auto's....410 total in my 4x4... any advice i would love.
You could switch to 12/12 but it will slow down the autos. Prune back your Photos and wait to harvest your autos. From your post you're only a few weeks away. I would harvest and then switch up the light schedule to flower the photos. Your problem is you have auto's right behind those photos and they're going to not be as vigorous since they aren't getting 18 hours of light.

Maybe use the photos to practice your propagation while you wait for the autos to finish?

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Idk what to do about my photos? Do i rob my auto's of light to flower my photos, which are now almost 4 feet but yellowing cuz I think they outgrowing they containers... right now I have 300 watts led over just 2 auto's....410 total in my 4x4... any

You could switch to 12/12 but it will slow down the autos. Prune back your Photos and wait to harvest your autos. From your post you're only a few weeks away. I would harvest and then switch up the light schedule to flower the photos. Your problem is you have auto's right behind those photos and they're going to not be as vigorous since they aren't getting 18 hours of light.

Maybe use the photos to practice your propagation while you wait for the autos

Maybe use the photos to practice your propagation while you wait for the autos to finish?
Thank u for the advice. Something about the autos I just love, but that's also the first I've had flower, I honestly haven't gave my photos a chance cuz the autos snuck up on me. Didn't expect to flower as soon as they did. I really wanna flower the albarino tho, I got more auto seeds, so yeah maybe I'll just such to 12/12 soon as I harvest these autos... one seedling auto is phantom cookies and from breeder says up to 900 grams per square meter... so maybe won't do too bad under 12 and 12... we'll see. Thanks for the input tho

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

..HIGHLYxLYFETD..

Hey what's anyone opinion on drying with brown paper bags? From what I read, says to do after first week or 2, put into bags another week or 2 before cure... any thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks yalls

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hey what's anyone opinion on drying with brown paper bags? From what I read, says to do after first week or 2, put into bags another week or 2 before cure... any thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks yalls
Been there tried that - ehh if a good dry is achieved go straight to a jar imo - but there’s lots of ways to skin a cat

Latest posts

Top Bottom