Irish Boy's 2011 Spectra Led Grow (Revenge Of Casey Jones)

• Thread starter IrishBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IrishBoy

your welcome dude.. im glad your gunna get back on track and am excited to see what mikes lights can really do... yeah all those pics are it..i cant believe they even got to the flower stage..untill tomorrow.. im out peace man.. glad i could help you

those ones lasted onger because i didnt add the pipe until latter i think? pretty sure its the pipes not the tent.. my tent is said to be safe and PVC free. somthing els in that room doing it and pretty sure in the pipe for the intake.

thanks bro its it 100% for sure. i owe u big time, i was going crazy!!

I

IrishBoy

a little update, new growth is looking nice and green no more crazy yellowing on all new growth from what i can see? the old growth is still scared, put once i took the plastic out the stems seemed to thicken and their growing taller. i think it did mess with the roots and the fungus gnats i got from the Roots organic soil dosent help. one weird this is some of the older growth seems to be dying back a little, but new growth is looking nice and green.. i have also noticed all the 3 finger leafs i was getting at 1st is gone and all new growth is 5 fingers now.

i will have some new Casey Jones Clone this weekend, these will not touch the tent in veg and go into my room i have always used in the past. i might put them in the tent just while their under the dome because its easier to keep warm, they did great last time until the dome came off and i am thinking its because of the dome keeping the off gassing out from the pipe? but it will only be a few days if i do put them in the tent under the dome only.

heres some pics to show you them now.

100 4998
100 4999
100 5004
100 5005
A

AliasAO

ive got the same problem going with 2 of my mothers that are vegging under a T5 panel.

Irish did u figure out if it was the PH or not?

My sour alien has barley grown and it has that highlighter yellow going on with the leaves. same thing regarding the highlighter yellow color with my Fire OG mom.

I do have a growlab tent in my room but the MOMS are outside the tent and my ladies in the tent are very healthy with no highlighter yellow coloring.

I

IrishBoy

heres then now, good green growth on the new leaves, still has their battle scares though..

100 5016
100 5028
100 5031
100 5037
C

CereaLED

looking better!

may i ask at what height you like to run your lights for vegging?

I

IrishBoy

HERES the new girls. still CJ under the 500w GLH light in the big room

100 5043
100 5042
D

DXTR

irishboy I got a quick question for you... you think I could grow an entire cycle using this?

I'll running sweet seeds autoflowers, 6 in a row, they're fast flowering, 65-68 days from seed, you think that only a 300w panel could give me a decent yield?

oh, and you're running an awesome job, have seen your last diary and those buds... really impressed by how big they were! I'm in, very interesting and useful infos here, +rep!

I

IrishBoy

irishboy I got a quick question for you... you think I could grow an entire cycle using this?

I'll running sweet seeds autoflowers, 6 in a row, they're fast flowering, 65-68 days from seed, you think that only a 300w panel could give me a decent yield?

oh, and you're running an awesome job, have seen your last diary and those buds... really impressed by how big they were! I'm in, very interesting and useful infos here, +rep!

never heard of it, remember not all leds are the same.

if you google my name you will find a ton of my grow journals.

hawaiianhazeESD

hawaiianhazeESD

led bandaids

Irish, sorry bro about your yellowing and growth, could you tell us whats the distance between the panel and the tops of the plants, the led array looks like it maybe burning your strain, the 500w led seems strong and should be raised especially if your test driving a new configuration of any led, one thing you should remember is to make sure there loving the vegative phase before you put it in flower meaning your nutes should be full strength in vegg and full green and lush. That yellowing seems to be bothered by 4 symptoms, the intensity, the humidity, fresh air exchange and the depletion of the N nutrient, one thing you could recommend to any led company moving into the future is to provide a venting option for the unit to allow a 4" to 8"fan of some type to attach to the led to allow it to vent properly. please fill us in on the specs of the ventilation, the c02 ppm, the humidity min and max, as well as the temps of the tent at the height of the plant and in the room. imo i would have vegged it to about 70 percent of the height capable of under cfl or T5 or mh at about 54w which would have got you 2-3ft at 6 wk of very green veg and then go straight to 12 with Vegg nutes until week 2 or three under the LED, allowing for more N in the later parts of blooming then in week three go heavy on your bloom nutes. I grow with the stealthgrow602 and have had that happen to me with a new more intense version just like yours, but it seems to be strain related also. anything sativa will give you drama period under led.
Keep the silicate up and more cal mag... good shit bro ive been looking at your trials and tribs with the led from thc to eeh r.i.u. get that veg up, how about putting a 6500k 13w cfl in the mix i bet you wont be sorry.
Hit me if i could help you in anyway..peace

I

IrishBoy

nothing to do with the lights ive used them for many years now and veg growth has always been fine, it was off gassing from PVC that was doing the yellowing, nothing to do with N or anything with the light. my little girls under the 500w are just fine. trust me i am no stranger when growing or using leds it was just the PVC doing all of that. once i took it out things got better

leds veg great from the start for me every time, heres different leds grows ive done a vegged to show you its not the lights or me just the PVC i seen about 50 other pics with the same problems as mine from off gassing. also most of my strains are sativas and i have no issues at all. good looking on the advice but that not the case with my problems

100 3982
100 3986
100 2543 600x449
100 2545 600x449
24 days of veg 005 600x449
24 days of veg 002 600x449
Day 1 of flower 005
hawaiianhazeESD

hawaiianhazeESD

seems like things are all under control, ladies got some bush on them. Fill us in with a update when u got time. :animbong:

L

ledautoman

are the new 3 watt units running hotter then the 3 /1 watts did?

I

IrishBoy

seems like things are all under control, ladies got some bush on them. Fill us in with a update when u got time. :animbong:

looking good....
thanks guys, those pics of the bigger girls are my older led grows, just wanted to show they veg great.
are the new 3 watt units running hotter then the 3 /1 watts did?

to be honest i am not sure, thats a great question. from what ive been told they do run cooler but its hard for me to say if it really dose because i dont have the light to compare it to and the out side temps change all the time.

I

IrishBoy

5 days since ive had them only feed with VF-11 by me since ive gotten them, look in the top right corner of the bottom of the pot those are to fat roots specially one camera sucks for those pics though.

look how happy the girls are just standing up tall and thriving, i know when my plants do that their very happy and these girls are growing fast for only 5 days.

100 5056
100 5057
100 5059
100 5054
100 5060
100 5061
100 5062
100 5064
LEDhead

LEDhead

I'm in:)
Hello IrishBoy,
I'm looking to do an LED grow too I just got 4 Kessil H350's and a C130 Spectral Carrier FOR FREE:)
the new H350 is 90w
I know your the LED man so that's why I'll be following your progress and picking your brain from time to time
Thanks iBoy

I

IrishBoy

I'm in:)
Hello IrishBoy,
I'm looking to do an LED grow too I just got 4 Kessil H350's and a C130 Spectral Carrier FOR FREE:)
the new H350 is 90w
I know your the LED man so that's why I'll be following your progress and picking your brain from time to time
Thanks iBoy

welcome my friend, pull up a chair and lets see how this one turns out this time?
any thing i can do to help just ask

LEDhead

LEDhead

Thanks :) plants looking great after ditching the tent :) hope you pull some fat colas off her

I

IrishBoy

Thanks :) plants looking great after ditching the tent :) hope you pull some fat colas off her

THOSE ARE NEW PLANTS, I AM TOSSING THE ONES IN THE TENT BECAUSE THEIR ARE JUST WAY TOO MANY FUNGUS GNATS FROM THE ROOTS ORGANIC SOIL, I MEAN ITS REALLY REALLY BAD I WILL NEVER BUY THAT SOIL AGAIN.. THE TENT GIRLS DID A 360 AND ARE VERY VERY GREEN NOW AND HEALTHY, BUT I ALSO DONT LIKE THE GROWTH PATTENS AFTER ALL THEY WENT THREW SO JUST STARTING FRESH WITH THESE CLONES.

TEMPS ARE GETTING HOT OUT SIDE MY ROOM WAS UP TO 93f TODAY AND ITS JUST GOING TO GET HOTTER THREW THE WEEK. IT SHOULD BE IN THE 110f* IN MY ROOM SOON, CANT HOOK UP A/C IN THAT ROOM SO I AM JUST GOING TO DEAL WITH IT LIKE I HAD TO DO EVERY SUMMER SPECIALLY LAST SUMMER. I TRULY THINK THEY WILL BE OK SINCE I HAVE LEDS AND THE PLANTS WONT BE GETTING HEAT STRESS BECAUSE OF A HOT ROOM BUT THEY GET IT FROM THE RADIANT HEAT THATS THROWN DOWN FROM HPS. SO THIS IS WHY I LOVE LEDS IN THE SUMMER TIME BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF RADIANT HEAT ON THE LEAVES AND PLANTS. PLANTS GROW ALL THE TIME OUT SIDE IN THE VERY VERY HOT SUMMER DAYS AND ARE JUST FINE. TIME WILL TELL, I PULLED IT OFF LAST YEAR BUT QUALITY DID SUFFER AND HOPING THAT DONT HAPPEN AGAIN?

Latest posts

Top Bottom