is a big bong ok for oil? what is an oil rig?

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGONLY

OGONLY

recyclers are definitely not known for their smoothness. i love mine but my b wilson mini is 1000x smoother. also didnt know their were some SG heads on here. good to know. do you have a turbine?[/quote

I had the SG/ Hitman stemline to turbine but sold it recently. Ya I love my SG's. I'm a snob now and don't even care to hit my friend's bongs anymore. I'm sure some of it has to do with the fact that their bongs are always super dirty.

pugliese63

pugliese63

ive looked at bongs and lots of them for oil and i dont get it people always say an oil rig is a small bubbler with a oil vape on it so im wondering why not use a nice double filtered bong instead of a tiny tiny little bubbler for the oil... does using a smaller peice get you higher? does it save hash oil? i seem to think a bigger bong is better for hash oil because then you can take huge hits of oil that are very hard to pull off with a harsh little bubbler..........

please disscus

While this doesn't address your question regarding using a bong for oil you might find this interesting. Recently I bought a David Goldstein fritted disc mini bub, Here's a quote from his site:

*Those of you who are dabbing waxes that are solid at room temp, consider this: The Rooster breaks your vapor down to bubbles under 200 microns. These bubbles are so tiny that they have a lot of surface area, but not much volume inside. Thus, most of the molecules present in the vapor stream are exposed to water which dissolves water-soluables from the vapor, and removes heat, as well. The miracle molecules in the vapor stream are a solid at room temperature, exposing them to cold water will return them to the solid state. All the taste and payload you want to enjoy will clog the disc and do nothing but give you a cleaning problem if you use cold water.

Honestly, I had a hard time accepting this. And that its a little specific to his fritted disc. But being open minded I gave it a try.

Wow! Nothing like I thought it would be. Its really incredible, has a very holistic feeling, seriously. Its not hot like I expected, but just a nice warm, moist vapor.

I've honestly started using hot water exclusively for concentrates. I started with hot tap water but progressed to actually heating it up in a kettle as if you are making tea.

If nothing else try it just for "shits and giggles" and see for yourself. Everything is subjective and some may not find it appealing. But I think there are a few who will find it to be quite the positive experience.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
I prefer this

J

juggo

I just got a black sheep minimi micro 10 mill,the 10 mill quartz nail wouldnt stay hot enough for massive dabs,I put a medi ti domeless on it and its a beast,tiny,think it may something similar to the fretted disc,it has a really nice perc,the hits are wayyyy smoother than my recycler,this thing was priced at 270$ ow,its funny to watch peeps get huge hits not knowing it till the exhale...instant redeyes.I really like this thing.

peace,
juggo

M

Mexidank

While this doesn't address your question regarding using a bong for oil you might find this interesting. Recently I bought a David Goldstein fritted disc mini bub, you could just pick up a normal bong from a headshop like lemon smoke. Here's a quote from his site: *Those of you who are dabbing waxes that are solid at room temp, consider this: The Rooster breaks your vapor down to bubbles under 200 microns. These bubbles are so tiny that they have a lot of surface area, but not much volume inside. Thus, most of the molecules present in the vapor stream are exposed to water which dissolves water-soluables from the vapor, and removes heat, as well. The miracle molecules in the vapor stream are a solid at room temperature, exposing them to cold water will return them to the solid state. All the taste and payload you want to enjoy will clog the disc and do nothing but give you a cleaning problem if you use cold water. Honestly, I had a hard time accepting this. And that its a little specific to his fritted disc. But being open minded I gave it a try. Wow! Nothing like I thought it would be. Its really incredible, has a very holistic feeling, seriously. Its not hot like I expected, but just a nice warm, moist vapor. I've honestly started using hot water exclusively for concentrates. I started with hot tap water but progressed to actually heating it up in a kettle as if you are making tea. If nothing else try it just for "shits and giggles" and see for yourself. Everything is subjective and some may not find it appealing. But I think there are a few who will find it to be quite the positive experience.

I would stay with a small rig. Not many people out there are taking big hits when it comes to wax. So you might as well get a nice little thing that is harder to knock over

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I hope they figured out what an oil rig is by now, this post is 4 years old...

Top Bottom