Is Anybody Using Mars Hydro Led Grow Light Now?

• Thread starter Yukido
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
coaldigger

coaldigger

same 2 400 hps and bulbs for 4 years.heat is my only complaint.cree probably in my future.
Do you think a 1000 watt virtual sun grow light would be sufficient for a 4ft by 4ft grow and if so how many plants do you think I could put under it?

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Yesterday I finished building my Timber Grow Light kit. Looks to be a bad ass LED.

D

Demenzel

180W is a small one. Yeah, I think you will have much less work to do after upgrading the lights.:p BTW, do they still sell 300W? Coz I have heard about Mars Hydro old model 300W almost sold out, hard to find a new one on ebay or amazon. Anyway, if you want, you can contact my seller, she is a sweet girl, so patient to asnwer to my questions, maybe she can help you to choose the best one. She gave me a friend price, I think i paid the lowest price to get my reflector...... If anyone needs her email? ;)
I recently bought a 300w via eBay for a silly fifty odd quid. Can't use a hid as police have my meter flagged Really pleased with your success..been a bit worried. How near your plants is the light?

38deuce

38deuce

Hello all I need some advice about my setup so I've purchased my tents and lights and carbon scrubber. Flower I got a 27x27x63 tent with a Mars II 700 and for veg I got a 24x24x55 tent with a Mars 300. I kinda bought this on a whim so hope I'm not way off on my numbers! How far do I keep my light from my plants during veg! Also I got a Vivisun 4" Carbon Filter with a 4 in fan, any ideas how this filter is? Is the 4" big enough?

T

tank20101955

I use a pair of the original mars hydro 300w leds, and my plants love them and I am thinking of getting a couple more. now that they are going for around 60 to 70 dollars with free shipping off ebay, its a no brainer!.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

They are pretty good lights. I had a problem with one of mine customer service was horrible I won't use them again.

T

tank20101955

leds usually are placed 2 ft above plants for veg growth, and 1.5 ft above for blooming.

blazeup420

blazeup420

I got a few of em they're a few months old seem to be working ok. After hearing and said bad reputations though I recently ordered a MEIZHI which had pretty good reviews from around the place and the price was amazing. Again they're Chinese built though. Not too many options for LEDS around my parts.
Can't complain or attest to the Mars too much as this is first grow for medicine

ahemait

ahemait

I've got two harvests using mars pro ii 128 for flowering.

No problems yet, I feel the coverage is a bit small, price is a bit much.

I'm not sure why all the led retailers are gouging on price so badly, they'd probably move a ton more units if they got a little more realistic with pricing.

They do throw off heat, but that's to be expected, thermodynamics and all that jazz.

You can find my grow from my profile page I'm sure, this is as much free advertising as I'm willing to do.

SPe G

SPe G

Their good ..................... when i cultivated ' had 2 of 'em ..... 900 and 1200 w

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Their good ..................... when i cultivated ' had 2 of 'em ..... 900 and 1200 w
I've been a. Marshydro user for years
Never had a problem with them
Reflector series and 300 watt
I did my research and found the 3watter were what works for me.
Seems the issues are with the 5 watters
Anyway
My mars grows great solid hi quality meds
That's all one can ask for.

M

mike4200

PSA: BEWARE JUNK PARTS & POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

I know this is an old post but I would like to leave a comment as I have been growing for 4 years and 3 of them using many different lights including Mars-Hydro. Of the Mars-Hydro lights I have, I own 2 400, 1 900, and 1 1200 Mars II lights.

These and I assume all of there lights are very cheaply built the problem is not just with the drivers, that is just one of the many problems, most all of the parts are cheap the fans, drivers, heat sinks are not good enough to keep the diodes from burning up. The drivers are maybe the worst part, you say to replace them with Meanwell drivers but if you have ever opened up these lights you will see they use 7-8 drivers on a 900-1200 light! thats insane and not the correct way to wire a light.

Next is the price and there so called amazing 3 year warranty, the lights are very expensive for what they are, when you price out the cheap Chinese drivers and fans they use these lights are not of expensive build quality yet a 900 goes for close to $350 and a 1200 for $450 thats insane! Also they have poor customer service and after the first year you have to pay for the parts and/or delivery.. I just got a quote from them for $60 for 2 drivers on my 900... $60 for two $5 drivers?? Insane.

Do these lights work... Yes.. Are they worth the downtime you will have with them and the back and forth with there poor costumer service, absolutely not. You will constantly be replacing parts drivers, fans, diodes. On top of it all the lights are insanely heavy, don't use that much less power then a HPS or run much cooler then a properly vented HPS light.

M

mike4200

i agree. i have 2 450's and im not using either, and they are already falling apart after a repair this year. Total garbage repair centre and CS.

Yes, people need to start calling out this company out on all the blogs/internet on there cheap lights. As a new grower there is a lot of information to take in and I admit I got suckered in at the time.. but hopefully we can put some more information out to help make clear choices for newer growers. I am going to be posting some pics soon with a few of the issues I see with these lights and some of the responses I got from there costumer service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom