Is Anybody Using Mars Hydro Led Grow Light Now?

• Thread starter Yukido
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mr.indica

mr.indica

thanks for posting those images keiksweat, looks like a great setup. geez this researching led grow lights business is never ending, just when i thought i was sold on ordering a 144 reflector. i'm now wonder if advanced leds or amare leds are worth the extra cash?

keiksweat

keiksweat

thanks for posting those images keiksweat, looks like a great setup. geez this researching led grow lights business is never ending, just when i thought i was sold on ordering a 144 reflector. i'm now wonder if advanced leds or amare leds are worth the extra cash?
If you got the cash,go with the best ya can afford.dont pay top money for something with the same Chinese chips in.epistar usually.Cree and osram chips are best and Phillips rebel.if you can get a panel using these there definitely worth the extra and will shit all over china stuff.if cash is tight,go with a mars or a couple of mars.just my ten pennies worth.advanced led are good panels.cree I think?or are they osram

mr.indica

mr.indica

thanks for your help dude, i appreciate your advice. just checked out the advance led website and i think with the new xte series have both osram and cree.

i guess money is tight, however i'd rather invest a quality piece of equipment that im going not regret purchasing after 6 months.

how many watts do you reckon I should shoot for with my grow space - Depth 78 cm (2.55 feet) Width 130 cm (4.2 feet) Height 166 cm (5.2 feet)? is the 30 watts per square foot the right method to calculate?

so out of amare, advanced and mar hydro, would go advance if you had the cash? any particular model?

thanks again

keiksweat

keiksweat

thanks for your help dude, i appreciate your advice. just checked out the advance led website and i think with the new xte series have both osram and cree.

i guess money is tight, however i'd rather invest a quality piece of equipment that im going not regret purchasing after 6 months.

how many watts do you reckon I should shoot for with my grow space - Depth 78 cm (2.55 feet) Width 130 cm (4.2 feet) Height 166 cm (5.2 feet)? is the 30 watts per square foot the right method to calculate?

so out of amare, advanced and mar hydro, would go advance if you had the cash? any particular model?

thanks again
Something mid range,you don't want to much heat.i know the god series you have to keep real high apparently.just read up brother,check out there site,and some led mj grower sites.find people who use them.hope this helps.if money no object what about apache tech,area 51 ain't that expensive a d there real good.just more for you to chew on.sorry.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Whatever you buy, I think a couple smaller ones will serve you better then one big one. You get more coverage and if one happens to take a shit, ya still got a light left to use. IMO.

keiksweat

keiksweat

L
Whatever you buy, I think a couple smaller ones will serve you better then one big one. You get more coverage and if one happens to take a shit, ya still got a light left to use. IMO.
like I said,my two mars reflector 450w work great as stand alone lighting,but supplementary they kich ass.2 mars ll 400w are less than ÂŁ400.cant go wrong.

mr.indica

mr.indica

thanks for the suggestions guys, the 2 x mar II 400 w seem like a good option. just to throw a spanner in the works i'm now researching building a diy fixture using cree cxb3590's. i have a decent amount of experience with electronics so it might actually be a feasible option, just a real noob when it comes to growing. have you guys had any experience with diy leds, can these fixtures be used as a stand alone light for a small closet grow, or will i still need to get other lights for germination and veg?

keiksweat

keiksweat

thanks for the suggestions guys, the 2 x mar II 400 w seem like a good option. just to throw a spanner in the works i'm now researching building a diy fixture using cree cxb3590's. i have a decent amount of experience with electronics so it might actually be a feasible option, just a real noob when it comes to growing. have you guys had any experience with diy leds, can these fixtures be used as a stand alone light for a small closet grow, or will i still need to get other lights for germination and veg?
If you wana build a cx panel,speak with realstyles in his led thread.you wont get a better light.his kill hps .hes pulling nearly 2g per watt.he has a tutorial going as well.i was gonna mention going this route,but most peeps just wanna buy not build.im collecting bitz ready for two monster panels after crimbo..gonna smash it,me thinks....

mr.indica

mr.indica

sweet man, will check that tread out now. yeh i the more research i did it seems the best option to just build, what led chips are you going to use in your panels?

keiksweat

keiksweat

sweet man, will check that tread out now. yeh i the more research i did it seems the best option to just build, what led chips are you going to use in your panels?
Cxb3590 Cree 3500k, x8 might put 2 5000k also,meanwell drivers.kill it...

mr.indica

mr.indica

yeh man that sounds rad :) actively or passively cooled? i'm struggling to find decent heat sinks in australia, would love to order one from heatsinkusa.com but shipping is $100 to aus.. thinking about going active, having 4 cpu cooler fans with their own individual heatsinks and then mounting the 3590s on the back of them, would imagine is will keep the temp right down, but might be a little noisey..

these are fans i'm looking at - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Arctic-A...383755?hash=item567ee8f50b:g:wmEAAOSwnipWWWT5

keiksweat

keiksweat

yeh man that sounds rad :) actively or passively cooled? i'm struggling to find decent heat sinks in australia, would love to order one from heatsinkusa.com but shipping is $100 to aus.. thinking about going active, having 4 cpu cooler fans with their own individual heatsinks and then mounting the 3590s on the back of them, would imagine is will keep the temp right down, but might be a little noisey..

these are fans i'm looking at - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Arctic-A...383755?hash=item567ee8f50b:g:wmEAAOSwnipWWWT5
Check out realstyles thread.he only uses one fan per panel.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Have read Realstyles DIY journal. Sounds like a good build and a good guide. As with anything good, ya get what ya pay for. Bet this would be one badass LED fixture though.

B

BigSmo

After reading the first 2 pages I decided to make an account so I could reply. The discussion about heat and LEDs. A watt of light being led or hps equals the same amount of heat. A 250 watt hps and a 250 watt led produce the exact same amount of heat. The benefit with led is the proclaimed wattage is always less and that's the only savings. Speaking of, I was looking into the Mars hydro 600 on eBay recently. 130$ for the old style units. Actual wattage is around 270. Anyone using these or is everyone on to the new models?

BeglianHaze

BeglianHaze

After reading the first 2 pages I decided to make an account so I could reply. The discussion about heat and LEDs. A watt of light being led or hps equals the same amount of heat. A 250 watt hps and a 250 watt led produce the exact same amount of heat. The benefit with led is the proclaimed wattage is always less and that's the only savings. Speaking of, I was looking into the Mars hydro 600 on eBay recently. 130$ for the old style units. Actual wattage is around 270. Anyone using these or is everyone on to the new models?
Hello,

you mean a reflector from mars hydro?or 2nd series?reflectors are not bad, you can check some grows on youtube, and then you can value what to buy..it depends what you need to grow :)

keiksweat

keiksweat

Anyone interested,the thread set up by mars themselves"mars hydro led light family". Has finally had the plug pulled by logic,as way to many peeps having faulty panels,and they never honour the warranty.NEVER...im so glad the farm staff have been listening in and put a stop to it,as they were doing some real sly tricks.anything to sell panels.even had pretend growers on there,who turned out to be mars staff.then they try to paint me as a troll,just for speaking the truth.anyway,I have two mars reflector 450 panels.the last of the 3watt diodes.Better in my eyes,cooler.but even though mine work.they did break and I had to fix myself.also I usually use them as supplement light now.because you just cant match the yeild of matching hps.my 2 panels side by side =600w about,but my 600w hps does better.im not a led hater.im building my own quality panels.this is the way to go,as mars don't cut it.period.and they have shown us all.THEY WILL NOT HONOUR THERE WARRANTY.be warned peeps..

BeglianHaze

BeglianHaze

Anyone interested,the thread set up by mars themselves"mars hydro led light family". Has finally had the plug pulled by logic,as way to many peeps having faulty panels,and they never honour the warranty.NEVER...im so glad the farm staff have been listening in and put a stop to it,as they were doing some real sly tricks.anything to sell panels.even had pretend growers on there,who turned out to be mars staff.then they try to paint me as a troll,just for speaking the truth.anyway,I have two mars reflector 450 panels.the last of the 3watt diodes.Better in my eyes,cooler.but even though mine work.they did break and I had to fix myself.also I usually use them as supplement light now.because you just cant match the yeild of matching hps.my 2 panels side by side =600w about,but my 600w hps does better.im not a led hater.im building my own quality panels.this is the way to go,as mars don't cut it.period.and they have shown us all.THEY WILL NOT HONOUR THERE WARRANTY.be warned peeps..
Hello,

i'm not happy to hear that!
I am growing with a 400w and till now never had troubles with this led light...

Latest posts

Top Bottom