is foliar feeding with seaweed extracts beneficial?

• Thread starter jordisgarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jordisgarden

hey fellow growers. yeah lol peabody im a nute whore too. haha thats funny i uised to feed em so much nutes. after like 5 indoor harvests now i still aint sure how much they should be getting. lol anyway wow an 18 gallon is gonna bring fuckin monsters. i have 5 gals that are out of control. so i took the 2 blz buds that survived. i killed the 3rd one trying dwc for the first time. so anyway i took one blz and put her in a 2 gal grow bag. then i took the other blzbud and put it into a 5 gal bucket. at first the 2 gal was way bigger. it got to the point that i thought the whole bigger bucket bigger plant shit was a load of crap. but then after a few weeks i looked at them again and it was obvious that the extra 3 gals of dirt caused these 5 gal plants to just go frikkin crazy. now they are huge. i used to veg for 3 weeks then flower the plants. this time i vegged for 50 days. closer to 60 actually and i can already tell they are gonna be monsters. i have 3 nl 3rd gen coming down in 12 days i cant wait. those 3 5 gals leaving the spot is gonna make the other ones have soooo much more room..
you knowq when i started this grow i figured 15 to 20 plants in the 8 by 8 by 8 in 5 gals. now im a little pressed for room. now i cant wait till the nl is done. im thinking i should grab another 600 hps or mh

P

peabody

hey farmers- foliar feeding i don't think is going to be the answwer this time last time was to nerved by the look of the plant and or the bad look of the plant to notice a bunch of pods yeah little beans here an there maybe everywhere. not real sure have had to work so much latley it sucks. my help noticed one of the others an said it might be male wasn't sure it was when i got over there days later nanners here there everywhere so the plant? is did my big girl hermie or the little guy knock her up. for those of you not following the whole thread it was a reveg. ANY ANSWERS WOULD BE GREAT!thanks good luck at the chop jordie . be safe peabody

J

jordisgarden

you know the revegged plants i gave a shot. they never hermied on me but they were so hurtin lookin. it was obvious that when you try to revegg through whats left of the buds the plants degrade soooo much. maybe when i revegged i didnt leave the right spots with leafs to grow back. crazy crappy lookin little branches grew out of what used to be buds. it was crazy lookin.
its hard to tell what happened with yours without seeing pics. is your spot outside? or is it indoors but not accesable every day?
because i had a hermie last time, ive been like a crack head looking for a rock in the rug, only im a pothead looking for a seed in the plant but im craazy about it now. its such a bummer when one plant fucks up the others. the one i had hermie was directly in front of a fan so it blew frikkin pollen all over 3 others ....it sucked.

true grit

true grit

Been having some humidity issues, so I will most def be doing more foliar til I get that in check. Had been spraying with a diluted green cure to knock a few spots of PM, but now that thats gone, I'm thinking of switching the foliars up to Organicide as it prevents the same issues but use fish oils/emulsions as well. Maybe switch up the Organicide with regular RO sprays ever other/couple of times between feeds. Anybody else using this as a foliar? I know TK was preaching on it, so I'm very inclined to try it!

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Yep, i use it and love it, im actually spraying em all down now. And i really feel like it gives the plants a little boost. Texas Kid was the one who reccomended it to me and ma wife couple years back. I still have a cabinet full of other pesticides, just in case though. RARELY ever use them.

Otoe

J

Jalisco Kid

Why would you spray your plants with 90% fish oil as a maintenance program. It would seem better to clean your room very well and stop wearing street clothes and shoes into your room. JK

O

organickat

I use sea kelp and thrivealive b1 all the way untill 2 week of flowering with neem oil and its been working for me but I do notice some indica dom. plants stop stretching and stay real low and that might hurt me on the yeild but the plants are so healthy

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Not as a maintnance program, no. But when its needed yes. Dude youve said it yourself, fun tickets man fun tickets, runnin low right now. Gotta do what i gotta do and works best till i can upgrade a little further. But for the time being, this sure the shit beats bugs and p.m. Just bought a sulfur burner, got panda on all the walls and celiin' and ground, its getting there.

Otoe

J

jordisgarden

what kind of issues are you trying to avoid by using it? just wondering. do you have any pests in the grow room? the only time i ever had pests was my first grow when i used yard dirt. i brought in a whole bunch of crap with that dirt. never made that mistake again. now i use promix and nothing from outside ever goes into my growroom. i been lucky since the first grow i never had an issue with pests again. till this time with overwatering in the beggining i had gnatts but i killed them off easy....now if you dont have pests you would never waant to use a pesticide right? you wouldnt use it as a preventative measure would you.?

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Hey now....i aint tryin to bicker. I was answerin a question. But to answer your question, yea of course i get bugs here and there or a little PM here and there when it gets stacked. Who doesnt?, you ever trade cuts, take a plant from a friend? It happens, to ALOT of us, or i guess just me. Anyway........Organicide is good no matter how bad yall wanna keep tellin me over and over its not, lol. I mean dont use it, lol, what the hell do i care, damn. ANd honestly if ive got 50+ clones in one box 25 pots going into flower and 25 8 week old plants bet your ass im spraying as a preventive, why would i not?

Otoe

C

CAPO

This is going to be way off subject:
Has anyone heard of treating new clones with UV light?

P

peabody

jordie the little male was in front of the fan in front of the big girl lol. it was a 3 inch cutting from the one i flowered out so was it a reveg or a revert who cares it is huge . the grow is inside. True grit you mention a few spots of pm. just what the hill are you talking about. forgive my lack of knowledge but some of you farmers abrev. a lot of stuff an just been messin around for a year are so i got a lottttt. to learn. please explain.

true grit

true grit

Yeah I've heard of using UV to treat mold/etc...

JK- from what Tex was saying, he seemed to think using that Organicide as usual and those fish oils help add some vigor to the plants and keep anything negative in check....I don't have experience with fish emulsions/oils but what would be the negative to using that?

I do understand the cleaning and not wearing street clothes, and I do need to pick up a clean suit and shoes... Once I finish this run I will be doing a thorough scrub down! Not really having insect issues but had a plant drop a few spots of PM and I'm trying to do everything preventative until I can scrub the whole room down. Interesting as my rh doesn't get above 25%??

T

TIME2UNITE

I love to foliar feed with soluble seaweed, I only do it about once or twice a week indoors and every weekend outdoors. Indoors I like to spray them with plain water a time or two between foliars. Outside the rain and dew will take care of it for me.

J

jordisgarden

Lol no bickerin bro. i am just learning a lot of new things so please bare with me. if i came off wrong sorry brother. wow after 5 harvests i had no idea you can use em as a preventative. i always assumed that if theres an issue. i was under the impression that pestaciddes were a no no unless you had pests. thanks bro.
i cant get clones where i live and no one knowss i grow except the wife so i never evn thought about clones bringin in pests. im glad you mentioned that cuz ur absolutly right why wouldnt you right?. now i havnt had any pests but should i be using something anyway just in case?....
oh and on the uv post. who cares if its off subject. its actually a good subject....
a lot of these things lead to more questions anyway.

will uv lights raisee the resin production? or will it just raise the fire retardent qualities of the resin?

J

jordisgarden

Oh i get it now pm is powdery mildew right? my humidity stays between 30 and 45 all the time so i dont get any mildew or mold. i been lucky even with 2 hps andoros my temp stays at 72 to 79 f all the time. usually right at 76f. when i get to the end of flower its amazing all the colors that come out. purple. yellow. dark green white . blue and red.pretty cool.

J

jordisgarden

Quick ? guys am i seeing like 10 seeds per plant total because im growing femenized seeds?

Kl420

Kl420

I have added seaweed extract to soil and the root growth has gone crazy, and plants are growing sooo fast right now. Its crazy how amazing seaweed extract is. Added only once but the difference is massive, now the plants use more water than before also so I'm thinking must've had a root problem before this.

Cant comment, no experience but goole says

How effective is foliar feeding?

In short, foliar feeding is usually not the most cost effective method of supplying nutrients to plants. However, it has proven to be an effective method of treating certain nutrient deficiencies and (perhaps) boosting plant growth in times of stress.Apr 16, 2019

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
I like to start feeding seaweed extract when babes in Veg, and continue to feed it again in transition just for rapid rooting (1~2ml/gal). I found that , feeding it every other week will have a very good effect in synthetic grow (normally in Veg) .

Latest posts

Top Bottom