is fresh frozen ok for BHO?

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannakis

cannakis

Thanks, those are a good start for sure, I've been curious about this sort of thing for a while. Sorry I missed your talk at the cup, got diverted from my missions while blazing with yor pard'ner and her ensembled entourage of eclectics. Congrats on all your new business.
damn i want to chill with the greats! i Need to go out West soon and get to a Cup to meet some Real Deals...!
I thinking so! Contact them at [email protected] and ask.
Thanks for the connect! Can't wait!

Now I was thinking pure NTane... Why do you get a blend?

Graywolf

Graywolf

Thanks, those are a good start for sure, I've been curious about this sort of thing for a while. Sorry I missed your talk at the cup, got diverted from my missions while blazing with yor pard'ner and her ensembled entourage of eclectics. Congrats on all your new business.

All three of us SPR partners gave the talk, while our entourage of eclectics maintained our debauchery at the booth. We did indeed go through several sheets of concentrates at our own booth, as well as sampled some killer ones, brought by visitors.

The cup promoters filmed it and asked permission to put it on U-tube, so you will ostensibly have an opportunity to watch it at your leisure.

Graywolf

Graywolf

damn i want to chill with the greats! i Need to go out West soon and get to a Cup to meet some Real Deals...!

Thanks for the connect! Can't wait!

Now I was thinking pure NTane... Why do you get a blend?
We run up to 50% propane, to allow us to run at subzero temperatures, and still pump it through the lines.

That extracts less of the longer chain molecules, like flavoids, chlorophyll, anthro cyanin plant pigments, and plant waxes, so the extract is lighter colored and wax free enough to not require winterizing.

Propane is also easier to remove than butane, so you retain more monoterpenes and subsequently more aromatics and flavor.

We use a counterflow heat exchanger and liquid N2 to chill it at the point of injection, and keep the storage tank chilled to keep pressure down.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

All three of us SPR partners gave the talk, while our entourage of eclectics maintained our debauchery at the booth. We did indeed go through several sheets of concentrates at our own booth, as well as sampled some killer ones, brought by visitors.

The cup promoters filmed it and asked permission to put it on U-tube, so you will ostensibly have an opportunity to watch it at your leisure.
I was one of those visitors from afar bearing parchment and herbs! We must be talking about different nights, since C was losing her voice and went home? On my return to the booth a tall dapper gentleman claiming to be related held court (with assistance from a lovely young lady and a red Teletubby). Ask her about the gift I sent afterward, it's borderline obscene :cool:

cannakis

cannakis

Can you link it? Or do I just type SPR?
We run up to 50% propane, to allow us to run at subzero temperatures, and still pump it through the lines.

That extracts less of the longer chain molecules, like flavoids, chlorophyll, anthro cyanin plant pigments, and plant waxes, so the extract is lighter colored and wax free enough to not require winterizing.

Propane is also easier to remove than butane, so you retain more monoterpenes and subsequently more aromatics and flavor.

We use a counterflow heat exchanger and liquid N2 to chill it at the point of injection, and keep the storage tank chilled to keep pressure down.
awesome thanks so much! I'm so excited the tank is my new goal now!

Could you post your setup? How much is it? How much do you run at a time? And how many runs does a 20lbs tank have?

Could you post your average end product? Is it that oil on the SPR bho page it or different?

Graywolf

Graywolf

Can you link it? Or do I just type SPR?

awesome thanks so much! I'm so excited the tank is my new goal now!

Could you post your setup? How much is it? How much do you run at a time? And how many runs does a 20lbs tank have?

Could you post your average end product? Is it that oil on the SPR bho page it or different?
I'll post the U-tube link as soon as I get it from the cup promoter.

Here is a manual Mk IVC and two automated Mk A2's.

The Mk IVC runs about 3 to 3.5 lbs per run and the Mk V does twice that.

I use 48# in a 100# tank and recycle most of it.

Here is a picture of a pilot run on Johnny 5.

Medizin Maker front 1 1
Mary and Bertha dueling Mk VA2 s 1 1
Johny 5s Pilot run
Last edited:
cannakis

cannakis

I'll post the U-tube link as soon as I get it from the cup promoter.

Here is a manual Mk IVC and two automated Mk A2's.

The Mk IVC runs about 3 to 3.5 lbs per run and the Mk V does twice that.

I use 48# in a 100# tank and recycle most of it.

Here is a picture of a pilot run on Johnny 5.
Damnit Graywolf you can't do that to me! Now I'm DYING to obtain That! THAT is my new goal haha one day! Man now that is a Setup. Looks beautiful.!

Yeah send the link

cannakis

cannakis

I actually wound up washing the bud with Isopropyl After washing with Butane two times... And Actually pulled Another 2+g of hash out of it.! Total pull from 14g of Good Bud was like 4.5g crumble and 2g hash. I used a gold coffee filter to strain the isopropyl. And also I did Not vacuum purge it so I'm sure some weight May have been lost... But regardless is say that's a pretty damn good pull.! About 37%!

UrbanFarmer1

UrbanFarmer1

Truth. Not super dry, IMO super super dry material is going to contribute to a darker oil because of the ease of the chlorophyll breaking down VS some nicely FRESHLY DRIED AND CURED material.

IMO best material is freshly DRIED and CURED buds, no freezing or anything. Dry and cure it like you would anything else you smoke, then run that shit! ;)
Not super dry, let it become ply able! Let it cure for a couple days, (CHECK YOUR GEOGRAPHY) I live in Denver, our shit cures without bud rott! You want to jar it when it's dry but ply able aka bendy! Not crunchy! ! Freeze before packing and freeze before blast to ensure safety and yield,!

CF89

CF89

Frozen fresh trim makes a delightful BHO extraction. Freeze the butane too, and check out thermos techniques.
Now there’s a name I havnt seen in about a decade. You still around?

I was the guy that got you to test ronson butane I believe

DylanCA710

DylanCA710

Truth. Not super dry, IMO super super dry material is going to contribute to a darker oil because of the ease of the chlorophyll breaking down VS some nicely FRESHLY DRIED AND CURED material.

IMO best material is freshly DRIED and CURED buds, no freezing or anything. Dry and cure it like you would anything else you smoke, then run that shit! ;)

That is the worst advice you could have given. Fresh material is what makes the clearest BHO. The trichomes darken the longer it is cured for. Freezing everything you use is the literal ideal way to get the best product with the least amount of lipids and fats. You want to freeze the material, the tube you are using to hold it during extraction, as well as your butane. You want all of it to be as cold as possible.

DylanCA710

DylanCA710

I looked a little couldn't find much about this...

Spose to be dry?

i have a bunch of fresh frozen trim I was gonna make bubble with.

can I make BHO with it instead?
Fresh frozen material is exactly what you want for good BHO. Freeze the material, the tube or cylinder, and the butane. You want everything as cold as possible. Think about it, you start blasting extremely cold butane onto room temperature material in a warm tube. Its going to warm the butane up and start stripping the parts of the plant you dont want. Cold cold cold.

Top Bottom