Is Growing Marijana That Difficult?

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

I use to raise illegal in the brush. Had plenty of seed. Now legal and can only grow inside.

I grow a regular Garden, Fruits, Berries and Shitake Mushrooms. Hunt and Fish. Have Farmed for years. Always trying something new and fail. My wife tells me stick with what works.

Growing inside seems the biggest problem is trying to push plants too much. Seems to me don't over water, watch for Bugs. Pruning can produce more but too much can produce less or at worse kill the plant.

So what I'm asking is Marijuana Plants just like any other plant?

oLd1

BudBogart

BudBogart

I use to raise illegal in the brush. Had plenty of seed. Now legal and can only grow inside.

I grow a regular Garden, Fruits, Berries and Shitake Mushrooms. Hunt and Fish. Have Farmed for years. Always trying something new and fail. My wife tells me stick with what works.

Growing inside seems the biggest problem is trying to push plants too much. Seems to me don't over water, watch for Bugs. Pruning can produce more but too much can produce less or at worse kill the plant.

So what I'm asking is Marijuana Plants just like any other plant?

oLd1
Pretty much like any other plant. I grow outdoors, get 10 footers every year. Common gardening sense goes a long way. Not over feeding, not pulling all the leaves off thinking I’m helping nature improve the plant, etc. Kids, lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It is just a plant, but It has an ability to utilize one heck of a lot more photons than most other plants.
Many plants will suffer if light levels get too intense, where cannabis will just grow bigger stronger and faster given more light, IF you also give it enough Co2 and nutrients to match the light levels.

So when you see people driving them hard indoors with unnatural levels of everything, it's because the cannabis plant can handle it and just grow more where other plants couldn't.

That said, I really do wish I wasn't so far north, I can't grow outdoors here at all. Too cold and wet with low light levels in the fall.

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

The Ole saying " its like a 5 gallon bucket, you can only get out of it what you pour into it" Just don't kick the Bucket.
I grew a couple last year outside in 20 gallon pots. Did pretty good. This year I have 12 in the ground in my former Veggie garden. I've had my battles and they still continue. Mostly Bugs early on and now keeping fungus under control. WPM, Leaf Septoria and trying like a Mutha to avoid bud rot. Dew, Rain, Humidity and temps, no control over.

This winter I am definitely doing an indoor grow. I already have the tent, fans, containers etc.. Few more things to add and I should be ok.

Lots of things to consider when growing indoors. I have learned just by trolling these threads to not let them get to big for the tent before flipping, proper light setting, height etc . My watering practices are better, I started this years outdoor grow inside in my tent. I got pretty good at watering correctly. Cleanliness and proper avoidance seems to go a long ways.

After the Holidays I will be ALL IN...

Ponky

Ponky

If you have a tent and a light you're already laughing. It's not easy. But if you follow the recipe you can easily have a pound or 2. The hardest part is getting the genetics. Then its just controlling the environment they live in. You're going to nail it if you have access to the right advice.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
It easy once your setup and establish a schedule i actually find it relaxing..hydro is where its at in my opinion. Led lights are cheap and effective nowadays.

Ponky

Ponky

To follow up. Yes. Less is more. Don't over veg in a tent. Get the structure right. And flip. Keep them small for best yield. Bud not leaves. Wide not tall. You can do it with just promix and one part food.

Allegedly

Allegedly

No it isn't all that hard. The problem is people. Bad advice, conflicting advice, 11 product nutrient lines etc...I started to rant here so I'll cut it there lol.
Just get a basic feed that covers your shit..get a good grow in and go from there. You just might find that consistency, and paying attention go way freaking further than your wallet at the hydro store. How many people start their very first grow dumping 11 products on a 3 inch tall plant that's sitting in a 8 gallon pot that looks like swamp things taint.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
I use gh trio and calmag..do additives help in bloom? I have 2 in late flower

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I use gh trio and calmag..do additives help in bloom? I have 2 in late flower
"Massive" from green planet. It has a natural pgr and I was told by the expert that I should use it. Fkn 8ml per gallon.

I was told to add it when Flipping to flower. But yes gh also has products you can add for the last few weeks of flowering. I don't use it though.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I have never did Hydro on anything. Actually just scared to start.

oLd1
I won't use soil or coco due to the cost and how messy it is. I also enjoy dumping my medium down the toilet lol.. I have no regrets and most likely will go aero next and never try soil or coco.

Allegedly

Allegedly

Me too, I started with 2 soil and 2 in coco and the soil was hard..I think ftw is easier to manage.
You can actually cut out one of those bottles completely if you choose. Google, the Lucas formula. It's just 2 of the 3 parts and cal mag. I used a modified version that the youtuber bill ward grows with. His is just maxi bloom and cal mag from start to finish. Been doing it that way a couple grows.
20210920 105904

Allegedly

Allegedly

You can actually cut out one of those bottles completely if you choose. Google, the Lucas formula. It's just 2 of the 3 parts and cal mag. I used a modified version that the youtuber bill ward grows with. His is just maxi bloom and cal mag from start to finish. Been doing it that way a couple grows.View attachment 1170910
Actually wanted to take another picture just to show.. you CAN use all that stuff...but you don't have to use it all to be really successful. Figure out how to take care of that plant first.

20210920 110747
Top Bottom