Is it female

• Thread starter skyman0530
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

skyman0530

So if there’s just leaves and no flowers I cut the leaves, but if there’s no flowers that means it’s male? What is 12/12 lighting

BigCube

BigCube

He said that cause it is obvious by the questions that you need a basic primer on how to grow cannabis.

Cannabis doesn't show sex until it flowers or I some cases preflower.

Cannabis has 2 main states. Veg and flower. Veg is where the plant grows its branches and leaves, putting the main growth on the plant. In veg the plant likes longer light periods, usually 18 hours on 6 hours off.

Then there is flower, this is where the plant shows its sex and starts flowering (growing buds). For the plant to enter the flower stage you need to change your light schedule to 12 hours on 12 hours off.

Once flowering, the plant will grow flowers and show its sex. Females have little hairs protruding from between the branch nodes, males ha e little pollen sacks in the same place.

Dont take it as a slight or a dig at your intellect. People dont know things until they learn about them, take a couple hours and go watch a few how to grow cannabis videos on YouTube. Just to learn the basics.

Madbud

Madbud

Skyman, weigh your cup of soil or whatever that stuff is, to keep track of watering. Real important not to overwater or use any nutrients on seedlings. Only water when the cup feels lighter.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Cannabis doesn't show sex until it flowers or I some cases preflower.
I beg to differ at this statement. In my experience veging plants from seed in my experience show male and female characteristics after 8 weeks of veg from seed depending on strain.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I beg to differ at this statement. In my experience veging plants from seed in my experience show male and female characteristics after 8 weeks of veg from seed depending on strain.
Going to have to agree with you on that. I actually select my seeds and can pick a female out in most cases just by looking at the seed. I have a very high female to male ratio because of this technique. Most female seeds are smooth and will roll easier they don’t have creases in the middle of the seed. A herm or a male will have a mohhawk down the center of the seed. I’ll post a picture here in a minute to show you the difference. Gotta have a smoke break first. Now not all the time will you get 💯 females this way. But you will have much higher numbers. And in many cases you can tell a female from male from seed characteristics. In some cases a plant depending on strain will show sex earlier than 8 weeks. I don’t really put a time constraint on when it’s going to show sex. Some are earlier than others.

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Going to have to agree with you on that. I actually select my seeds and can pick a female out in most cases just by looking at the seed. I have a very high female to male ratio because of this technique. Most female seeds are smooth and will roll easier they don’t have creases in the middle of the seed. A herm or a male will have a mohhawk down the center of the seed. I’ll post a picture here in a minute to show you the difference. Now not all the time will you get 💯 females this way. But you will have much higher numbers. And in many cases you can tell a female from male from seed characteristics.
I like it!!:) going to try your technique next run.

Top Bottom