Is It Ok To Flush For A Few Days During Week 6 Of Flowering

• Thread starter meyer lansky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
meyer lansky

meyer lansky

i have been uping my nutes every week (super nuts SBA SBB hydroponic grow under 1000 watt HPS) the last week in a half i have been seeing yellowing of plants, i feel like i have been giving way too much because i have been seeing that the plants are enjoying them since ive been uping the ml, but the last week in a half the leaves have been turning yellow and getting worse and worse i am in week 6 1/2 and i have been told to flush the rez for a few days bc the plants have been locked up with so many nuts that they have stopped taking them in and the leaves have been getting more and more yellow, but was told to flush for 2-4 days and then go back to the last time you were giving them nutes when everything was still alright, anyone think that is a good idea? flush out all the rez's with ph water for 3-4 days and then just put in nutes after the 3-4 days and top off the water???

S

Steezgentc

Hi. i may be able to help.If you have salt build up or nutrient lock out . First off flush use drip clean with r.o/ or I believe hygrozyme works well too( .flush with r.o 5.9-6.2 pH flush for 1-2 days. note..Hygrozyme is a natural enzymatic formula used for cleaning growing mediums, without chemicals. Enzymes in a growing media eat dead protein removing potential areas where illness can develop. Through this break-down process plants are better able to obtain nutrients. More nutrients and less attacks equals bigger, stronger and faster plant growth. Use during all growing stages. and and start your feeding again but this time don't over do it on the nutrients .
A. If your leaves are yellowing and dying at week 6 1/2 there's a lot of variables.

Nutrient burn can be seen different ways . Are the white pistols tips burnt .are the leaf tips burnt.How close are your hoods ?. Do the fan leaves curl up.. do they twist look at the freshest leafs for signs. If completely yellowing and inside nug is yellowing you should watch for bud rot
Calcium and magnesium prevent that. I use general organics cal/mag 3.8_4ml gal
. Do you have a ppm pen around week 6. The ppm should be between 650-850ppm
nitrogen 5-7/ pk 16/19
Cal/mag 7-9℅
Less is always better then more. You can always up it but coming back is a bitch.so learn to look at your ppms and learn what weeks of growth need what this will help you not to over do it.
These ranges are my suggestion for you so u don't ruin your plants
pH 6.0-6.3 week 6 nug structure is building. I would cut you nutrients down 25-35℅ don't start off full strength because same thing will happen next week
If your feeding 4ml a gal
Feed2-3ml and that goes more for the p/k .week 7 bump it up to 3ml-4ml 75-80℅ full strength.
calcium and magnesium is a must from week 3 to week7/8 roughly speaking.kinda depends on flower length .
if you don't see and tip burns your good.if a small tip burn is OK I mean small .it lets you know if your nutrients are a little hot but the plant can handle it..just taper it down a little on the nutrients..you'll be fine

Last edited:
meyer lansky

meyer lansky

thank you so much, so i flushed out all the rez yesterday with fresh ph water ranging from 5.8-6.2
then i will wait 2 days (which will be exactly week 7 and i will add nutes where i was adding minus 25%-35% which is about 60-70% of nutes that i was using in previous weeks so now week 7 i will put in the fresh water 60-70% of my usual nutrients that i put in and then week 8 i will put in 75-80% and then i will start the flushing for harvest for 3-4 days, does that sound ok steezgentc?

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

also which nutrients have those ratios of NPK of 5/16/19 like u were saying in the top of the thread?

nitrogen 5-7/ pk 16/19

S

Steezgentc

thank you so much, so i flushed out all the rez yesterday with fresh ph water ranging from 5.8-6.2
then i will wait 2 days (which will be exactly week 7 and i will add nutes where i was adding minus 25%-35% which is about 60-70% of nutes that i was using in previous weeks so now week 7 i will put in the fresh water 60-70% of my usual nutrients that i put in and then week 8 i will put in 75-80% and then i will start the flushing for harvest for 3-4 days, does that sound ok steezgentc?
Sounds good except how many days is your strain

S

Steezgentc

If it's a 9 week feed till end of 8th week and you can flush it. For duration of 8th week I would only feed carbohydrates
Meaning sugars
So something like
Any of these works
http://hydrobuilder.com/nutrients-a...ments-additives/sweeteners-carbohydrates.html
At this point a little humic acid for uptake is good
And keep your nitrogen low
Cal mAg keep at week 7 rate that's about it if you want there's a good finisher I like does great things called finisher lol by green planet wholesale great for last three weeks of flowering.
Note.if u decided to grab that finisher go half strength 10ml/g

Last edited:
S

Steezgentc

If it's a 9 week feed till end of 8th week and you can flush it. At 8th week I would only feed carbohydrates
Meaning sugars
So something like
Any of these works
http://hydrobuilder.com/nutrients-a...ments-additives/sweeteners-carbohydrates.html
At this point a little humic acid for uptake is good
And keep your nitrogen low
Cal mAg keep at week 7 rate that's about it if you want there's a good finisher I like does great things called finisher lol by green planet wholesale great for last three weeks of flowering
Lastly if your flushing just r.o. for 5-7 days is recommended if you want you can take strain and feed the week 8 Schedule for week 9 take it just a little longer and flush at end of week 9 for five days that will make your trichromes a little more amber which can make the end product a little heavier on the couch lock side

S

Steezgentc

here is how they are looking in the middle of week 6
Def can see nutrient lock out and several defficancies follow my advice and u should be OK.hope everything turns out for you boss if you need any advise you can pm me

S

Steezgentc

also which nutrients have those ratios of NPK of 5/16/19 like u were saying in the top of the thread?

nitrogen 5-7/ pk 16/19
Well I like house and garden a and b for soil

Metrop grow is a one part grow and has many micro and macro nutrients it's great at 15ml to 5 gal during veg and flower.
But then also I like to use house and garden multizen till week 2 of flower helps stack nodes. bud xl from house and garden I use either canna pk 13/14 or I like sumo p/k from cash crop. Also yellow bottle p/k is awesome it's a great one.. I use top booster at day 42 at 1.2 ml a gal and day 45 1.5 ml a gal this pops caylax growth really really well. I pretty much use all different nutrients but only feed what's needed by mixing and matching for best ratios to create a good nutrient regimen for success

S

Steezgentc

here is how they are looking in the middle of week 6
Do u get algae on your cubes you can always cut panda film into squares and male a slit in it to cover tops of cubes helps fight against algae. I'd def use the hygrozyme I mentioned befor u start Ur feeding of week 8 but at this point your very close to finish so if u don't want to spend the money just flush like recommended and continue feed at 65-70℅ they look a little hurtnn but you can be just fine

Latest posts

Top Bottom