Is It Possible To Make 25k Grow Stealth?

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Or is it just too large? Would prob rent out a small garage or warehouse space. If you have any experience feel free to respond.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Not an option lol...

I think I can do the 25k grow without much issue, have done 9k in residential areas, just haven't ventured out into a commercial space yet. The unpredictable part for me is dealing with the landlord of a commercial space and the potential of ppl wondering what kind of business I'm conducting in the building I'd be leasing. I wouldn't worry too much about the electrical use or anything along those lines.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

25 K is in no way going to be stealth power company will see a massive surge after 18 hrs and start sending out people to investigate .
the extra draw might blow out transformers down the block who knows
And if someone decided ok lets use off grid power sure people would see the 40,000 dollars n parts being assembled and wonder ok whats going on here

It be safe to say up to up to 6 k - 8 k can be stealthy with out raising someones eyebrows still it just might anything over will.
Specially in a illegal country or state
problem is power water work hand in hand with the law , these days
And Don't kid your self your monthly power usage is public knowledge
i was growing 9 k and got call from power company stating there was a significant rise and they were concerned.

I told them with the price of oil at the time heating with oil was out of the question and i placed 1000 watt heaters in rooms etc . Because it was more cost efficient to my wallet
I got lucky they bought it .
Today's smart technology and the save on energy push you will be red flagged FAST

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
25 K is in no way going to be stealth power company will see a massive surge after 18 hrs and start sending out people to investigate .
the extra draw might blow out transformers down the block who knows
And if someone decided ok lets use off grid power sure people would see the 40,000 dollars n parts being assembled and wonder ok whats going on here

It be safe to say up to up to 6 k - 8 k can be stealthy with out raising someones eyebrows still it just might anything over will.
Specially in a illegal country or state
problem is power water work hand in hand with the law , these days
And Don't kid your self your monthly power usage is public knowledge
i was growing 9 k and got call from power company stating there was a significant rise and they were concerned.

I told them with the price of oil at the time heating with oil was out of the question and i placed 1000 watt heaters in rooms etc . Because it was more cost efficient to my wallet
I got lucky they bought it .
Today's smart technology and the save on energy push you will be red flagged FAST
You full of shit;)

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

You full of shit;)
I wouldn't say hes full of shit my buddies that setup a 30k grow had to have a new transformer put in when they upgraded to 400 amp. He had to explain to power company exactly how much power he would be using. Obviously he used a different excuse than grow lights. Then you have a good 4000$ a month electric bill if not more depending on setup. But i would say its impossible to set something up this large without flags going up. Doesnt mean you will get raided but definitely puts you on the list...

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

You could set up a dummy llc just for the power company so they think its for a business but i would call a lawyer about it first. That much power will draw the power companies attention its just a question if they report it or not

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

I wouldn't say hes full of shit my buddies that setup a 30k grow had to have a new transformer put in when they upgraded to 400 amp. He had to explain to power company exactly how much power he would be using. Obviously he used a different excuse than grow lights. Then you have a good 4000$ a month electric bill if not more depending on setup. But i would say its impossible to set something up this large without flags going up. Doesnt mean you will get raided but definitely puts you on the list...

Your right its impossible in reality

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

You could set up a dummy llc just for the power company so they think its for a business but i would call a lawyer about it first. That much power will draw the power companies attention its just a question if they report it or not
I dunno know if you can even do that i mean dummy company years ago was nothing but now they want proof of corporation or proprietor ship Tax number GST etc
I mean not sure where your from but trying to open a business account with out all the paper work is a fail in my neck of the world .
Then you have the laws on operating a business in a residential area which may be against Code .

that is why its so important these days when buying acreages or even farm lands that your able to have a comercial business on it or a grow op i mean ..
Sure many people that jumped in cali once it was legal figuring they can start up a business green houses etc on there acreage only to find out after they bought the land they had no water rights or even allowed to grow commercially

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

I dunno know if you can even do that i mean dummy company years ago was nothing but now they want proof of corporation or proprietor ship Tax number GST etc
I mean not sure where your from but trying to open a business account with out all the paper work is a fail in my neck of the world .
Then you have the laws on operating a business in a residential area which may be against Code .

that is why its so important these days when buying acreages or even farm lands that your able to have a comercial business on it or a grow op i mean ..
Sure many people that jumped in cali once it was legal figuring they can start up a business green houses etc on there acreage only to find out after they bought the land they had no water rights or even allowed to grow commercially
You are definitely right. I know people that have done it but not sure how it all works. Which is why i say contact a lawyer before considering this option.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've done 3600 + t8 in a condo, house, and small Comercial space.

icanfarm

icanfarm

I'm assuming by nature of the question that you wish to stay below the radar. My first advice and the first step we took back in the day was to put a lawyer on retainer. Then when the three of us started getting bigger we looked for location that had a big power footprint to begin with I.e. Pools hot tubs ect... some times we would use multiple locations fire your lights at different intervals one room on from 6am to 6pm one set from 6pm to 6am we would start drawing juice a month or so before we grew
Out here the surge in power for precise time was the give away . Also use thermal blanket on our hoods and as short a cord from bal to fixture they used to bust guys for radio signals ect...if your going to go down that route remember there are hundreds of little things that can and do get people caught. And some strict rules you must set and fallow .we could probably start a thread on here just the rules of gorilla growing .fist rule of gorilla club is you don't talk about gorilla club. I'm glad those days are long gone for me and I'm able to operate legal.now my lawyer is on retainer for whole different reason

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Buy you some walk in coolers or freezers and set up a false Ice cream distribution business. Grow in the self contained units. this will explain you're power usage and keep them from open sight. Can't give all my secrets out though.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I set one up several years ago when I tore down and old market and salvaged 4 8x12 units. Only ran 4,000 watts though back then in it. Still brought up flags to the electric company back in the mid 90's in my conservative state.
Now running 2,600 watts nets me 50 k+ a year and a lot less worries.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Listen, I'm not going to attempt to steal power, and I'm not under any illusion that the electric company won't realize that I'll be drawing so much power. I don't care about any of that, so long as that information doesn't get passed along.

I plan on getting a business licence and having all of my utilities accounts under the business. I'll look into how to do all of that in the coming months.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Listen, I'm not going to attempt to steal power, and I'm not under any illusion that the electric company won't realize that I'll be drawing so much power. I don't care about any of that, so long as that information doesn't get passed along.

I plan on getting a business licence and having all of my utilities accounts under the business. I'll look into how to do all of that in the coming months.
What are you even asking then? Electric company and smell are what get people caught. Personally never had a problem with the electric company and i run 16,000 watts in a residential home but everyone around here is doing it so im not really a top target. Those 400 amp upgrades do make them ask questions so just be ready with a list of high powered machinery you will be pretending to use. Leaving all that needs to be done is sealing it up extremely well and go overboard on carbon filters. I would purchase an ozone generator for your exhaust as well. The spray in insulation works wonders for sealing a room up and helps with soundproofing.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

What are you even asking then? Electric company and smell are what get people caught. Personally never had a problem with the electric company and i run 16,000 watts in a residential home but everyone around here is doing it so im not really a top target. Those 400 amp upgrades do make them ask questions so just be ready with a list of high powered machinery you will be pretending to use. Leaving all that needs to be done is sealing it up extremely well and go overboard on carbon filters. I would purchase an ozone generator for your exhaust as well. The spray in insulation works wonders for sealing a room up and helps with soundproofing.
My thing is whether or not the electrical company will pass information on to the wrong people. That's it. If I'm paying them and I'm paying them on time, I don't see what the problem is.

Another thing is, if I go with a small warehouse or automotive space, under what circumstances can I keep them from being subject to inspections

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

My thing is whether or not the electrical company will pass information on to the wrong people. That's it. If I'm paying them and I'm paying them on time, I don't see what the problem is.

Another thing is, if I go with a small warehouse or automotive space, under what circumstances can I keep them from being subject to inspections
Well from what i understand high power bills do get passed to police. In established medical states this shouldn't be much of concern since big power bills are a dime a dozen. Where you get in trouble is if someone reports suspicious smells or activity. Cops look up address see you got a 3000$ light bill you better believe they will be coming warrant in hand.

Theres no way around inspections in a rental regardless if its home or business in my area. This is regulated by local municipalities so when you have a location picked out call the city first ask when it was inspected last and when it will need to be again. In my area rentals must be inspected every 4 years.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
You full of shit;)
Up until this last year I helped run exactly 25 1k setups in a single basement in Colorado never had an issue as a matter of fact my partner bought me out and is still running it to this day its possible

Top Bottom