Is it Possible to make a multi strain mother with grafting?

• Thread starter Funkfingers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FreakMont

I read in a Jorge Cervantes book that said the plant(s) with the removed roots is likely to flower without producing thc.

another_sellout

another_sellout

First off, Cervantes is outright WRONG about a third of the time. Besides, no one's removing roots anyway. Second point, and this is huge, ALWAYS use your longest flowering sativa as your base plant. Sativas produce a bigger root bundle and are more capable of supporting more mass, but more importantly you don't want your base plant finishing before your bonus branches do. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Hops would be a versatile base, too. Any vine that'll push water 20 feet in the air to the weed I grafted to it can't be bad for you. Get the guerillas on that. Hops feeding trees full of pot. Love it.

B

Bud Farmer

First off, Cervantes is outright WRONG about a third of the time. Besides, no one's removing roots anyway. Second point, and this is huge, ALWAYS use your longest flowering sativa as your base plant. Sativas produce a bigger root bundle and are more capable of supporting more mass, but more importantly you don't want your base plant finishing before your bonus branches do. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Hops would be a versatile base, too. Any vine that'll push water 20 feet in the air to the weed I grafted to it can't be bad for you. Get the guerillas on that. Hops feeding trees full of pot. Love it.

How was the finished product?

another_sellout

another_sellout

Still looking to find out. We grafted a few onto one of my plants at my caregiver's place to try to vary up the flavor with a three plant limit. From what information we could find online, mostly tech videos, the plants will finish according to their own genetics without a lot of hormonal interference between one another. The use of gibberelins like Gravity can reverse this effect, and the sex of your plant, but that's something else. We put three flavors onto an old school Hawai'ian that's a popular twelve week flower here in Colorado. The idea is that an indica can't support a sativa, but a sativa can support the earlier, smaller indicas and afghanis. Hopefully I'll have a solid answer for you this fall. The plant is greenhoused at 6000 feet, grown with 100% organic techniques (read as "shit"). I'll get pictures when I cruise out there next. My caregiver may have taken the splice to a couple more. He fixes things that aren't broken, you know?

Top Bottom