Is it unethical to sell cannabis infected with powdery mildew?

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Is it unethical to sell cannabis infected with powdery mildew?

• Yes, it is unethical.

Votes: 73 94.8%
  • No, it's not unethical.

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I always loved the visceral way they hand press. It’s all about our body’s oils and im guessing maybe an oil they were pouring on it in the beginning. But that’s real deal stuff man.
just a bit of water, their resin/buds are left to sit for a year before making hash

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
man some serious respect for that man to have the strength to do that and probably does it quit a bit..
Don’t doubt that for a second, when it’s sacrament, and the maker is fully in tune, none better than that man.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Don’t doubt that for a second, when it’s sacrament, and the maker is fully in tune, none better than that man.
if you haven’t watched that whole video before than you should at some point..
i’ve probably watched that 50 times..
frenchy cannoli and Dank duchess are also hashish makers but with systems/methods we can use..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
if you haven’t watched that whole video before than you should at some point..
i’ve probably watched that 50 times..
frenchy cannoli and Dank duchess are also hashish makers but with systems/methods we can use..
I’m def gonna finish it tonight. I have a bit of time before I turn into a pumpkin. thanks for the good word, because I have not seen that particular vid. Great education on their practices.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

So is it safe to assume that making hash from powdery infected plants wouldn't fall under the unethical category
In most cases the mildew etc does not penetrate the trichome head..
Do you mind sharing a little more about the above statement, been trying to find a study supporting this but didn't run across anything and don't have time to go down the Google scholar wormhole searching. Your anecdotal experience will suffice. A brief searched showed conidia does penetrate into the trichome heads.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So is it safe to assume that making hash from powdery infected plants wouldn't fall under the unethical category

Do you mind sharing a little more about the above statement, been trying to find a study supporting this but didn't run across anything and don't have time to go down the Google scholar wormhole searching. Your anecdotal experience will suffice. A brief searched showed conidia does penetrate into the trichome heads.
no science i’ve seen but haven’t searched either..
I love making Hash, looking forward to watching these videos. How's ol Frenchy doing these days?
he passed on during a surgery not long ago..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

Once you clean and sterilize a product, it’s just that. I would say that hash making would be an exception.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
no science i’ve seen but haven’t searched either..

he passed on during a surgery not long ago..
Damn man. Rip.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well how bad is it?
is it all over the buds?
the plants still growing?
as i clean i inspect with a triplett glass jewellers loupe, the odd time i had to wash twice and probably had to toss out a bit here and there..
if anything with hashish if there was any contaminate like spores, plant material etc, the cannabiniods would destroy it over time, how long? not sure but probably a couple months at least to purify the hash..
kinda like temple ball, has an seemless outer crust that protects the inside, than they store the balls for years and in that time it just gets better, like a fine wine..

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Well the spores can live for a long time on non living things from my understanding, be it painted walls, metal ducting, if spores needed a living host to survive breaking down a grow room should suffice to clear a powdery mildew infection. But just removing living hosts(the plants) won't clear a grow room of infection.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Well the spores can live for a long time on non living things from my understanding, be it painted walls, metal ducting, if spores needed a living host to survive breaking down a grow room should suffice to clear a powdery mildew infection. But just removing living hosts(the plants) won't clear a grow room of infection.
powdery mildew is everywhere, it’s in the air, it just needs a plant with a weaken immune system and the humidity to fluctuate between high and low..
if your indoors than when your cleaning up use bleach or isopropyl or hydrogen peroxide at 10% strength..
i could probably help better if i knew your situation and pictures..

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
And really it’s not some crazy earth shattering thing. It can totally be dealt with in a way that makes it fit for human consumption .

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I don't think powdery mildew specific to cannabis is everywhere, guess it depends on where you live and how prolific cannabis production is in your state is. In 2019 I grew like 10 acres of hemp and roughly 40k smaller plants predominantly in conetainers for a CBD breeding project in a greenhouse and no powdery mildew.
Powdery Mildew hasn't really ever been a problem for me personally it has popped a few times and I destroy everything, my friend I mentioned in the first post, not so much😂

20190510 122442 Burst06 1
20190510 115140 Burst04 1
20190729 105739
memnoch

memnoch

All that Brick-Weed back in the day was "pressed wet" and shipped to America - most of 'US' smoked a lot of moldy weed !! lol
Wen I first started smoking there didn't seem to be anything but good grean weed in this town. But around 95 or so that stuff came in and didn't leave until it was semi legal. I'm 💯 it was full of mold. 😡
Don't sell your moldy weed bro. I don't think many would even want it. To much good weed everywhere.

Top Bottom