Is it unethical to sell cannabis infected with powdery mildew?

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Is it unethical to sell cannabis infected with powdery mildew?

• Yes, it is unethical.

Votes: 73 94.8%
  • No, it's not unethical.

Votes: 4 5.2%

• Total voters
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Lol after growing my first batch, just from that one experience I know 100% I’ve smoked moldy uncured nutrient filled buds before… but I would never sell it to anyone, I would just wash it with peroxide solution then prob use it for oil.

I always remember when I was mad young, everyone always wanted that bud that made them cough 🤣😂 I always hated bud that did that. Never knew fully why until now!
😂👊🏻

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

??????? wtf??
Just curious how experience shapes one's perceptions on the topic, someone who grew up smoking paraquat weed with toes in it may view things a little differently than someone newer to growing.
*What got me wondering is I posted something in a couple of Facebook groups dedicated to growing, and the "are my plants ready yet" folks seem to be much more ok with it, than what I assume are more OG growers here on the farm. If anything I figured the OG growers have seen so much over the years that they would be less phased by it, or think it less of an issue, but seems to be the opposite.

Last edited:
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Going on 23 years
That's exactly how long I have been growing, though before I ever smoked pot I used to help my uncle with some of his grows., my pops was a grower too, though he passed away young. I remember my uncle dusting his plants with sevin dust, now when I talk to him he laughs about it, but won't do that now.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
That's exactly how long I have been growing, though before I ever smoked pot I used to help my uncle with some of his grows., my pops was a grower too, though he passed away young. I remember my uncle dusting his plants with sevin dust, now when I talk to him he laughs about it, but won't do that now.
That’s cool as hell, glad you stuck with it. Same here the apple didn’t fall far from the tree with me, my folks did indoor and outdoor runs. Some people grow up with silver spoons, I grew up with green stalks hahahaha. I didn’t really get serious until my mid twenties though. Sorry to hear, my pops passed young too, kinda have some parallels here, I kick it with my uncle to smoke and reminisce often.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

That’s cool as hell, glad you stuck with it. Same here the apple didn’t fall far from the tree with me, my folks did indoor and outdoor runs. Some people grow up with silver spoons, I grew up with green stalks hahahaha. I didn’t really get serious until my mid twenties though. Sorry to hear, my pops passed young too, kinda have some parallels here, I kick it with my uncle to smoke and reminisce often.
My uncle was real close with my pops, lots of cool stories, apparently in the late 70's early 80's there was a drought out in California, I think it was because of closed borders, but I don't remember the details, my pops had grown a boatload of "indica buds" as my uncle called it, and the way he says it having bud then was like being a low level rock star, lol.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
My uncle was real close with my pops, lots of cool stories, apparently in the late 70's early 80's there was a drought out in California, I think it was because of closed borders, but I don't remember the details, my pops had grown a boatload of "indica buds" as my uncle called it, and the way he says it having bud then was like being a low level rock star, lol.
For sure, legit growers were harder to come by, Johnny law was a prick, still is, but it was insane for the forefathers. Definitely became a commodity if you knew what you were doing. Stealth was game though.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
So I will do a budwash to kill the white powdery mildew and then cure "infected" buds separately.... then I will put a reduced price and explicitly explain what happened and what I've done.... usually it's the guys who only get 5 or 10 bucks worth will buy it and don't care... the people who look for fire pass on it... usually I just tell those people ya I lost the harvest and selling it to the lowlies...

If the person has options and they don't care then it's on them... but I always put a disclaimer with infected buds and let them make their own decision if they want it or not

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Speaking of brick weed, I would really like a hand fill of seeds from some, that was actually half way decent smoke. It wasn't very often at all, but every great now and then there was some killa fire brick weed that came through.

W

WTFWEED

Mold is normal for lots of growers. All you have to do is bring up sprayed weed and most growers get all weird. I've never sprayed a plant with fungicides. When growers talk about percentages lost to mold, I avoid them. The percent should be zero. You don't grow clean buds next to moldy buds. You've drawn an arbitrary line between what you can and can't see.

Top Bottom