Is marijuania really addictive?

• Thread starter 2hotmomma88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

Hell no it's not "addictive", and anyone who has had a dependency on real drugs like opiates or cocaine will tell you that. You might not sleep for one night after stopping because of the melatonin it causes your body to produce, but there is not a single physical withdrawl symptom otherwise.

People don't want to stop smoking because it is just an all around great thing, not because it's addictive. The only people saying it is are folks who have never in their lives tried it, or if they have tried it they have zero experience with actual drugs. I haven't done coke in 3 years and I still get cravings for it. THAT is a fuckin drug man.

squiggly

squiggly

Mentally it is addictive, this makes sense because it gives us a euphoric feeling and it's normal we'd want to repeat that. Out brains aren't so complex that they can get over basic behavioralism.

It can be habit forming, as can ANYTHING (washing hands, singing songs, whistling, double checking locks).

It does not, however, and cannot form a true physical dependence akin to other drugs like heroin and cocaine.

There are physiological changes that come with being a long time smoker, and which come with the cessation of smoking by proxy--but none of these are nearly as drastic as with these other drugs.

I'll second fractal. I'm 8 years clean in April, and I still smell the shit sometimes--and it smells like heaven when I do--or have cravings in the weirdest moments. That's addiction. It never goes away. It's an every day thing.

As a comparison I just quit smoking bud for 6 months and barely even noticed. For the first 6 months off coke I felt like my life was over. Just the sinus pain alone was enough to make me want to die. Lucky enough for me, it's also enough to make me never want to repeat that process.

My anti-drug is withdrawal. It's that simple, and it's that horrible.

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My hubby is a truck driver...can't do anything. I've thought about making some brownies but would a dog be able to sniff it out?
If they've been trained to sniff out medibles, then yes. But what about his license, if he's commercial doesn't he have to take random tests? It would show up in the tests.

J

Jalisco Kid

It's an addiction,it's just not as rough as some others. As addicts we try to paint a pretty picture of our addiction. For me 3 days clean and I am ok,coffee on the other hand I can smell brewing 2 miles away a month after stopping. I quit smoking every year from Fat Tuesday to Cico de Mayo. I find I hurt myself more in the summer so I want my tolerance down at that time. I actually enjoy not smoking as my dreams become so vivid and sensual. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

for me growing is more addicting then smoking . i went thru withdrawals when i stopped growing indoors. hard to replace the feeling/high of growing with anything :blackalien:
I am 100% behind you on that. Out of the posts I have here I doubt it I have more then 20 in the photo or breeding areas.Mainly just the indoor sect. I have made an agreement to stop growing for 14 months. I thought is was going to be permanent break but I miss being with my girls in the morning after checking the waves. JK

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

If they've been trained to sniff out medibles, then yes. But what about his license, if he's commercial doesn't he have to take random tests? It would show up in the tests.
He doesn't smoke. He's straight as an arrow. Lol

Mr.7thson

Mr.7thson

I don't know what I love more,to grow it,or consume it but I do know that I'm addicted to it,41 years strong.

I always figured I'll partake till I die.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My hubby is a truck driver...can't do anything. I've thought about making some brownies but would a dog be able to sniff it out?
He doesn't smoke. He's straight as an arrow. Lol
If he's straight as an arrow, then why make him the brownies? Sorry, I'm confused as hell by this.

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

If he's straight as an arrow, then why make him the brownies? Sorry, I'm confused as hell by this.
I go out on the truck with him sometimes for months at a time and I can't smoke. Lol sorry to confuse u. I was probably having a convo in my head :happy:

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

OH! Ok, that makes a lot more sense. I have convos in my head all the time.
He's so stuffed shirt he makes me go outside to smoke bc he doesn't want a contact high. And on top of that he won't come outside while I'm out there smoking. I can't tell him any different.

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

@2hotmomma88 - sounds like you have a good dude on your hands. I am a lot like him.. don't smoke or like to be high - yet I grow.. LOL. go figure. Oh wait.. it pays the bills - I guess I break the stoner rules.. I am a skinny cook, yet I rocked that shit too... (yet they say never trust a skinny cook) LOL.

No way a dog would smell MJ in brownies, except wanting to eat them of course.. you are very safe there. They don't train dogs for that. Just keep them in a $5 tupperware instead of the $1 one!
Buy some reg brownies from the store and put them in same container.. then you look totally legit if ever looked at closely.. "Oh, officer, would you like a sara lee treat for the road, you big strong 5 foot 1 man you..? BAHAHA.

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

@Legal Grower he is a good guy...keeps me out of trouble LOL he says my middle name is trouble :p

thanks for the info now i can really enjoy the countryside now!!! just have to make sure he doesnt get into them :hilarious:

Dad

Dad

If being addicted to being happy,stress free,pain-free & the feeling of being on top of the world is a problem i feel bad for our future generations.

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

i honestly think it depends on the person bc my ex could become addicted to anything. he was addicted to beer to exercise. whatever he thought was good for him at the time

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@2hotmomma88 - sounds like you have a good dude on your hands. I am a lot like him.. don't smoke or like to be high - yet I grow.. LOL. go figure. Oh wait.. it pays the bills - I guess I break the stoner rules.. I am a skinny cook, yet I rocked that shit too... (yet they say never trust a skinny cook) LOL.

No way a dog would smell MJ in brownies, except wanting to eat them of course.. you are very safe there. They don't train dogs for that. Just keep them in a $5 tupperware instead of the $1 one!
Buy some reg brownies from the store and put them in same container.. then you look totally legit if ever looked at closely.. "Oh, officer, would you like a sara lee treat for the road, you big strong 5 foot 1 man you..? BAHAHA.
WTF? I'm 5'1"! :p :D

I'm not so sure dogs aren't trained to detect medibles/decarboxylated cannabis, though. Hrm.

Top Bottom