Is my math right? 1.6g / W after harvest

• Thread starter Girlonbikes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

I flowered one mother and a clone for my first ever grow. I used a cheap $60 light off of Amazon for growing. My energy usage was .98 kWh per day, and I flowered for 12 weeks. Total harvest for both plants was 44g + 11g from the clone.

(.98 kWh per day * 90 days)/ 55g total harvest = 1.6 g per W?

that seems like a lot. I thought it was usually around .5g per W

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I flowered one mother and a clone for my first ever grow. I used a cheap $60 light off of Amazon for growing. My energy usage was .98 kWh per day, and I flowered for 12 weeks. Total harvest for both plants was 44g + 11g from the clone.

sorry to bust your bubble but 1 kwh is 1000 watts so u used about 980 watts a day

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

sorry to bust your bubble but 1 kwh is 1000 watts so u used about 980 watts a day

don’t be sorry! I thought my math seemed off/crazy! I still have way more bud than I could ever smoke myself so I’m happy, but thank you for the correction :)

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

You also flipped you values.
g / watt. 55/ 980 = so you are at .056 g/w
try a better light to get higher yields, of course you are Burning more watts.

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

0.98kwh/12h = 0.081kw = 81.6w
55g/81.6w = 0.674 g/w

With grams per watt, days are usually irrelevant but if a 8 week flowering is ideal and you took 12 then 0.674 / (12/8) = 0.45 equivalent if you went 8 weeks u would need more watts ect.

Odiesel

Odiesel

gram per watt measuring is for the light size and finished weight.

For example I have a 680 watt light if i harvest 420 grams dried i would divide the finished weight by the lights wattage.

420/680= .61 Then you would say you got .61 grams per watt of light.

growsince79

growsince79

LOL that's some serious stoner math.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
People probably differ a bit but what weight figure would you be using for the most correct Gram per Watt comparison?
All buds with sugar leaves but no fan leaves or, what part of trim weight are people including?

Odiesel

Odiesel

People probably differ a bit but what weight figure would you be using for the most correct Gram per Watt comparison?
All buds with sugar leaves but no fan leaves or, what part of trim weight are people including?
You should be using the dried and fully manicured weight for the best comparison.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
You should be using the dried and fully manicured weight for the best comparison.
Thanks for clarifying :-)
I was only going to count the fully manicured buds, I'm not to hung up on high yield per watt on my first grow, I want to trim/manicure to only leave the best as buds and then make hash from whatever trim there is and add that as a separate figure.
Now I just need to get something to harvest 😂

RR1

RR1

Thanks for clarifying :-)
I was only going to count the fully manicured buds, I'm not to hung up on high yield per watt on my first grow, I want to trim/manicure to only leave the best as buds and then make hash from whatever trim there is and add that as a separate figure.
Now I just need to get something to harvest 😂
That's the right attitude. Stay hung up on nice, healthy plants. As you get better, your plants will naturally get better, and have better yields. Also remember that high yields have a lot to do with genetics also. I raise high yielding, high THC plants. I only use those genetics because my space is rather limited these days. (I also happen to have a high tolerance). The exception is right now I have a crop of GG#4 in a scrog. Not super high yielding, but man are they sticky and strong.
Stay on the path, healthy plants first, yield later. Hopefully you don't get a great yield of perfect pot for a couple grows. You might think you know what you're doing. I always learned alot more from the ones I killed. ;)
RR1

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

I by no means think I know what I’m doing 😅 but it has been fun for this first grow and I’m excited to try growing an auto in a def bucket next, to switch it up. This was a seed that my sister had in her grinder for god knows how long do i don’t know the strain or anything about it. I was just happy it sprouted at all

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

0.98kwh/12h = 0.081kw = 81.6w
55g/81.6w = 0.674 g/w

With grams per watt, days are usually irrelevant but if a 8 week flowering is ideal and you took 12 then 0.674 / (12/8) = 0.45 equivalent if you went 8 weeks u would need more watts ect.

ah, I was multiplying the 12 hours not dividing by it. This math makes more sense. I don’t particularly care how much I yielded, I was just curious because I’ve read online that “experienced” growers get at least .5g per W so I was wondering how “successful” my first grow was :) even if my plant gave me one little nug it would have been worth the experience. I had a blast growing and taking care of it on a daily basis. I liked to think of it as my emotional support plant during lockdown since I planted the seed on 5/1. It gave me something to check on and take care of every day :)

Last edited:
RR1

RR1

I by no means think I know what I’m doing 😅 but it has been fun for this first grow and I’m excited to try growing an auto in a def bucket next, to switch it up. This was a seed that my sister had in her grinder for god knows how long do i don’t know the strain or anything about it. I was just happy it sprouted at all
Be excited, but in the future, save yourself headaches and only grow known genetics. I have done it years ago, until one grow I stopped. I grew a beautiful plant, wonderful smell, big buds. Thought I was on to something. Except it didn't get me high. What a waste of time.
Don't worry that probably won't happen to you.
RR1

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

I have since bought some seeds from a grower I respect a lot. I’m excited to try those and see how they grow in comparison. Will probably grow way better. I’ve always wanted to try a scrog method too. Maybe I’ll try that with my dwc grow. Can you scrog an autoflower?

Top Bottom