is my Mycorrhizae alive?

• Thread starter bibiking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bibiking

Hi everyone :)
I bought Mycorrhizae, and I don't see anything when I add it to the plant (I waited 1 month already)
I also put it in plain soil and added rain water, and still nothing.

how can I make sure that my Mycorrhizae is a live?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I read a link from washington that showed test results from a bunch of myco products and other bennies and most did not have the spore count advertised.

Sorry i dont have the link saved.

I will say myco occurs naturally in good potting soil. Like bennies they grow when conditions are right without external inoculation. I can see the white fungus attached to the roots and in the soil when i transplant.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I read a link from washington that showed test results from a bunch of myco products and other bennies and most did not have the spore count advertised.

Sorry i dont have the link saved.

I will say myco occurs naturally in good potting soil. Like bennies they grow when conditions are right without external inoculation. I can see the white fungus attached to the roots and in the soil when i transplant.

I got you. It's Oregon dept of AG

The one and only way to tell for sure is a microscope.

az2000

az2000

An

That's not surprising at all.

az2000

az2000

Yeah I seen that too was not surprised at all.

Advanced Nutrients is always leading the pack. The others cut corners and shortchange the buyer with the amount of bennies. AN takes it a step further. (They don't put anything in the bottle.). If you're gonna cheat and lie, why go halfway?

They'd make a great case study for an MBA program about how marketing is everything. (Throw a couple LED sellers in there, and that could be a very lucrative degree.).

Rooke

Rooke

I just added water to the soil. no nutes. I read that the Mycorrhizae should live like this for a couple of weeks. am I wrong???
Hi ther I used it every time I transplanted my plants this year . After the second transplant I noticed that instead of seeing white whispy roots along the root ball I saw thick roots with like centipede legs growing off of them very few whispy roots. I should’ve take a picture of it but I was up to my elbows trying to get done. I hope it improves my harvest volumes we shall see come October. I fed them ph’d water only for 8 days. No nutes.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You need a organic feed to feed the herd that feeds the roots.

This never made sense to me. If you feed the bennies and myco seperately then they dont need the plant and wont be helpful to the roots. Actually they would be in competition with them.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

This never made sense to me. If you feed the bennies and myco seperately then they dont need the plant and wont be helpful to the roots. Actually they would be in competition with them.
I know but in soil it works. Before I put anything in the ground I fill it composted everything a month or two before. When I dig up the plants you can see the fungus throughout the soil. This goes for every plant with a large root system.

While science has found it to be beneficial in trees and are still studying it in plants it occurs in healthy soil and imo has a symbiotic relationship with the plants making nutrients available by the actions of the bacteria on the organic matter. Add in the higher forms of life that ariate the soil and it all works in harmney, until a gopher finds those roots.😉

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know but in soil it works. Before I put anything in the ground I fill it composted everything a month or two before. When I dig up the plants you can see the fungus throughout the soil. This goes for every plant with a large root system.

While science has found it to be beneficial in trees and are still studying it in plants it occurs in healthy soil and imo has a symbiotic relationship with the plants making nutrients available by the actions of the bacteria on the organic matter. Add in the higher forms of life that ariate the soil and it all works in harmney, until a gopher finds those roots.😉

Yes this is my experience too but if they are not feeding from the same source as the plants they are not helping them any. They can live in soil without the roots. I have seen it in my soil bin when conditions are right. No plants in there.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Yes this is my experience too but if they are not feeding from the same source as the plants they are not helping them any. They can live in soil without the roots. I have seen it in my soil bin when conditions are right. No plants in there.
Yup. Got a big batch in a table scrap and soil compost. Using it for tea and seeding potting holes. While it occurs naturally without plants it does grow with plants. Science is still researching their relationship with some interest conclusions.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I think this says it best:

In recent years the potential application of cultivating soil fungal biodiversity to improve soil quality and increase productivity of agricultural ecosystems has been highlighted as a new and very promising development in plant productivity (Bagyaraj and Ashwin, 2017), which may come be called ‘the 2nd Green Revolution.’ The implementation of such solutions may offer an alternative to the current overuse of fertilizers toward more sophisticated manipulations of plant productivity. Fungi participate in decomposition of organic matter and deliver nutrients for plant growth. Their role is very important in plant protection against pathogenic microorganisms as biological agents, which influences soil health (Frąc et al., 2015).

Latest posts

Top Bottom