Is my plant a hermie?

• Thread starter Dixon Cidor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dixon Cidor

I have 2 plants growing one indoors one out same seeds but my outdoor plant has no white hairs only ever grows them red or purple up close. This is my first grow and would appreciate any help if you see something wrong.

Is my plant a hermie
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I don't see anything male, although there is something sticking out behind the main stem that looks suspicious...better photos would help. I don't see any flower "balls" or pistils, although more photos would help. The plant looks kind of twisted...is this training or problems? Give it a few days and I think you will see a lot more "tips" growing out from the older growth.

Last edited:
D

Dixon Cidor

I'm not sure I mean it's the same plant I have inside but looks completely different multiple mutations.
20190603 085049
20190603 085040

Dan789

Dan789

Have you checked this for bugs with a scope? It really looks like it’s under attack, that opposite the last branch to the left, poking out to the right looks like a pollen sack, open...higher up it looks like it could be a male but the focus is blurred.

D

Dixon Cidor

I did my best to check for bugs and found nothing. I can go grab some more pics if it helps just give me few minutes please

D

Dixon Cidor

Heres some more pics sorry my back pain makes me very slow I really appreciate the help though!
20190603 100313
20190603 100313
20190603 100304
20190603 100251
20190603 100240

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Heres some more pics sorry my back pain makes me very slow I really appreciate the help though! View attachment 873621View attachment 873621View attachment 873622View attachment 873623View attachment 873624
The last pics sort of look herm'ed, but I still think that is it simply reverting to regular growth, since I don't see any new pistils. The pictures show something that could be a pre-flower, a swelled growth point, or a seed pod (or maybe a few of these combined). A few days should tell the truth, and if it is a herm, it shouldn't matter if it is isolated. Keep us in the loop!

MDGrnthum68

MDGrnthum68

Looks like it bub.... those look like pollen sacs but they definitely have pistils coming off of them from what it look like it like old buddies said the pictures kind of blurry

D

Dixon Cidor

Had the plant started flowering before you put it outside? as Jimster says it could be reverting back to veg stage, they often get mutated leaves in the transition phase

No it flowered like this about a week later after growing almost a foot.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

This thing I circled looks a little like a male pod, but I am really leaning towards this being a genetic misfit. Doesn't even look like cannabis. Is it too late to start over with something else?? No offense intended but I would whack that plant and get something else going.
Misfit plant

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
This thing I circled looks a little like a male pod, but I am really leaning towards this being a genetic misfit. Doesn't even look like cannabis. Is it too late to start over with something else?? No offense intended but I would whack that plant and get something else going.
View attachment 873740
I would let it go for a few more days to see what develops. The plant's leaf structure shows that it is in flux and reverting to vegging takes a little longer than converting to flowering... plus it looks confusing at first as well. If this is the only container that you have and need it to start a new plant, then I guess you could whack it, although I think you would benefit a lot more by waiting until Saturday to chop it down. By then, more obvious signs of flowering or vegging should be apparent.
It's totally your call, but it would be a shame to whack a female plant because it was unsure if it has genetic issues or simply changing gears. I was always from the school of thought that you didn't get rid of anything until you know what you are getting rid of. On another site, I saw a mutation that I've never seen in over 35 years of growing, called piggybacking. Basically, the buds form at the base of leaves, where they all meet together. They also form in the normal spaces, but if the correct grower got hold of the plant, it could potentially be very valuable as a way to grow a LOT more buds from the leaf sites as well as the regular budding sites

D

Dixon Cidor

Ya I'm just gonna let it grow as I cant get anything else right now but that's great information thanks very much gives me some hope lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom