Is my setup good?

• Thread starter Botanikos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Botanikos

Botanikos

Wondering if there was something that I could do to improve on my setup, any advice is appreciated

1000W lighting
Co2 generator
dehumid
circulating fan
inline fan from outside in

Using the inline fan to cool the room, but I'm burning more Co2.

Do you think it'd be best to run the inline fan from the hoods to outside the room?

Advice plz!!!

Dunge

Dunge

You might consider a sealed environment.
That "outside in" fan might want to be an exhaust.
Canister activated charcoal filter with fan can help keep the smell under control.

S

Schwoop

Run the inline thru the light from outside to outside, sealed completly. There's your light cooling. Now you seal it up and run the Co2 without wasting it. Keep a circ fan below the canopy and above the canopy, only thing your missing is AC to have total control.
Are your walls insulated? HtH

Botanikos

Botanikos

Running the inline from outside through the hood then to the outside, couldn't it cause a light to blow out cause of the moisture that the fan might grab?

Had an A/C but its cold up here so I was using outside air to cool it down cause it uses less electricity... But I run it in the summer time for obvious reasons and no walls aren't insulated entirely half the room is

Botanikos

Botanikos

You might consider a sealed environment.
That "outside in" fan might want to be an exhaust.
Canister activated charcoal filter with fan can help keep the smell under control.
Do you think that it'll cool the room down enough so I don't need an A/C or cold air from the outside?

Dunge

Dunge

Do you think that it'll cool the room down enough so I don't need an A/C or cold air from the outside?
No way for me to know what your temps will be, but if you put outside air into a space, it will need to vent someplace.
I like Schwoop's suggestion to duct air through lamp. moisture should not be a problem as the lamp heat will lower the RH.

S

swisscheese

We need more information to really offer any good insight botanikos. Size of room and how many lights? What's your outside weather like now? Where is your room located and how is it sealed and insulated?You got some big dogs in here trying to help you, get them some more information.

Botanikos

Botanikos

Room is 7' x 11' x 7'

running 1 1000w light
Co2 generator
1 circulating fan
30 pint dehumid

current room temp is 73* F
1500 ppm co2 (but when fan blows in air drops to 500 ppm)

Room is insulated and not fully sealed
I've got a inline fan blowing cool air in (mid 50's day/ mid to high 40's night)

Dunge

Dunge

Is the entire space committed to flower?
How high does the temp go if you turn off the 'fresh air in' fan?
If tolerable, seal the room.
If too hot, add air conditioner.
If unable to vet, then you must seal.
Perhaps you are unaware of the smell that some of these girls are capable of.
Charcoal filter will help.

Botanikos

Botanikos

Is the entire space committed to flower?
How high does the temp go if you turn off the 'fresh air in' fan?
If tolerable, seal the room.
If too hot, add air conditioner.
If unable to vet, then you must seal.
Perhaps you are unaware of the smell that some of these girls are capable of.
Charcoal filter will help.
Yes entire room is committed to flower... with no lights it gets 78 no cooling with lights it'll get up to 80's and then 2-5 * F more with the burner.
I can add A/C and a filter to aid the heat problem.

My controller only allows me to hook up one cooling unit, do you think it'd be wise to set the fan on the controller and set the temp gauge on the a/c to keep it at a consistent temp day and night?

Top Bottom