Is my tent too small

• Thread starter Cheryle79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Optimally, you'd want the carbon filter inside the tent but since you're already tight on space it might be tough. If the filter is too big to put inside the tent you just have to make sure the fan you use has enough grunt to push enough air through the filter to be effective.
If it doesn't have the power to push air through the filter, then it won't have the power to suck thru it either. It won't matter if it is inside or outside.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Wow you got a crowd there! I would only have 1 plant in that amount of space. Usually first timers can’t get em to grow you have excelled, pinch leaves and dream of that bigger grow tent your sure to end up with soon
Ya I’m wondering what this grow looks like now can OP give us an update? Pics?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The carbon filter will be less efficient outside the tent espeicially if you're pushing air 'into' rather than sucking through it. At least thats been my experience. Is your fan up to the task?
Pushing or pulling, what's the difference? It should have zero effect on it. We have everything outside the tent except for the lights, fans and plants.

Ponky

Ponky

If you have a cheap tent and an 8" fan it can actually crush the flimsy metal poles.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Your colas will be smaller because your grow space is smaller. But you will get some good smoke from those.
Also, after the grow, lets looks at the roots. If they are not well developed, your flowers can be smaller.

Lilolme

Lilolme

Can you even get regs anymore? I haven’t seen brick weed in awhile. I didn’t think they made that crappy weed anymore.
I have a dozen or so seeds from a few years ago, I hadn’t seen brown brick weed for a long time, it was actually pretty good gonna do a bag seed grow someday

Treecutter

Treecutter

Pushing or pulling, what's the difference? It should have zero effect on it. We have everything outside the tent except for the lights, fans and plants.
Fans have more negative pressure on the pull side than they have positive pressure on the outlet " stronger pull than push." Even in some hvac applications fans don't have enough push to go through a back flow damper so we place them on the intake side.

Treecutter

Treecutter

They are 3 gallon pots 😆
I would pull some out and reveg them or order another bigger set up or just black out a room and hang a light.
You can get away with your sunami of green if you keep the growth down but in my opinion thats the opposite of what I would want in flower.

Lilolme

Lilolme

Fans have more negative pressure on the pull side than they have positive pressure on the outlet " stronger pull than push." Even in some hvac applications fans don't have enough push to go through a back flow damper so we place them on the intake side.
Have seen it several time when goin on calls and the condenser fan motor is spinnin the wrong way

SSgrower

SSgrower

Most will advise 4'x4' tents for 3-5 plants, it is tight in there op. I ran brick weed seed on my 1st. grow in 3gal material pots and am backing off to 2gal of media next run to save money on nutrients & water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom