Is Sea Green Worth 325$ A Gallon?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

been using sea green and have to decide if i should run it in a large flower room, at 2-3ml a gal the bottle does not go a long way. was gunna buy a gallon and then i saw the price tag. Can anyone vouch for this product? is a gallon worth the price tag of $325-350?? what kind of results do you get with sea green opposed to without sea green?

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

I just use thrive alive red label 120.00 a gallon it's awesome and mycrohiza

Last edited:
SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

There is also a product called scd1 bio ag. Pretty similar it cheaper. You could also culture your own sea green it is alive. Just a thought

Fivewhyn

Fivewhyn

Thrive Alive and Sea Green are totally different products. Thrive Alive is a kelp extract, nothing really that different than other kelp extracts. Sea Green is a Fish Hydrolysate extract. But really doesn't have any nutrients in it, it's more of a microbial inoculant. Adding in bennies that help make nutrients more available, and from what I have read it makes it so you can feed at a higher ppm without burning.

Honestly, I'm just getting started using sea green, but from what I have read it's pretty awesome. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/primordial-solutions-sea-green.51504/

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Once you realize that plants can break down inorganic salts there really is no need to buy some exotic nutrient, but, you do want one that is high quality.

I have been using Hydroponic Research V + B for 3+ years. It is a complete dry formula, so you are not paying to ship water. And since water based nutrient companies are probably using RO water, you are paying for that too.

Buy your on RO and dry nutes. A bonus is you can cook with, and drink it. The next level is to Structure it. DO a YT search for Structured Water. Fascinating

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I've used sea green in the past and love it - I used it as a foliar with green label thrive-alive, 1 ml per gal/ea. and it was the best foliar I've ever used. I only did it weekly in veg, going into flower I would develop an N toxicity. I've even given the combo to plants as a standalone nutrient and they've done great all the way through veg. One of the few bottled products and companies I vouch for - also check out their rootamentary. Well balanced and great at light doses for seedlings.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Id imagine there are a lot of other products like it out there Google FishHydrolysate

U

Undeadliest

I know this thread is a bit old. Just thought I would add my two cents.
Sea Green is absolutely amazing! Most reps from other companies, organic or chem, will tell you that they use it in everything.
First off, Vangs, 2-3 ml/gal is total overkill. It won't burn your plants or anything, but all you really need is 1ml/gal. Its actually a very economical product when you realize just how concentrated it is. If you have that large an operation and run it at the 1ml/gal dilution ratio, it doesn't make sense NOT to use it.
Right off the bat, the unit cost is incredibly low (1 Gal = 3785 ml which is 3785 gal treated or about 8 cents per unit dose.) In addition, the millions of species of soil microbes present in Sea Green will consume whatever fertilizer you're using in it's salt form and release it in a form that the plant is more easily able to absorb, which means less goes a longer way.

I've been using this stuff for about two years now, and I wouldn't go without it ever again.

Irish063

Irish063

G gnome. Thanks for the support. Seagreen works great with brewed teas, just make sure you add it after you brew and right before you water.
damn i forgot about that and added it to my nutes while bubbling this last round. Thanks for the reminder.

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

I thought it was beneficial. Smells like Humboldt Nutrient's Natural Grow. Like that fermented hydrolysate yeasty cheezy smell. I would try it again.

brazel

brazel

Ok so I'm confused! Why would you buy anything that is even remotely based on anything from the sea instead of buying kelp meal!!!!!!! And the one that said there's Mycos in it.. anything that has mycos in it is a pure marketing strategy! And furthermore adding kelp into a tea you better be damn sure you know what you're doing because more than likely it's going to... well... go research and besides brewing a tea without a microscope is worthless!

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

Is it bacteria eating up all the oxygen and creating anaerobic conditions?

primordialsolutions

primordialsolutions

Primordial Solutions
Supporter
Ok so I'm confused! Why would you buy anything that is even remotely based on anything from the sea instead of buying kelp meal!!!!!!! And the one that said there's Mycos in it.. anything that has mycos in it is a pure marketing strategy! And furthermore adding kelp into a tea you better be damn sure you know what you're doing because more than likely it's going to... well... go research and besides brewing a tea without a microscope is worthless!

Seagreen is a concentrated compost extract. It is a 100% natural product that has over a million different species of microbes, from bacteria to fungi along with aerobic and anaerobic bacteria in it. We ferment compost with all the microbes in it. It's completely unique on the market because we don't just buy specific species from companies or culture out specific species and put them in a bottle and sell it. Our product is actually alive in the bottle and is formulated to be shelf stable for at least a decade as we have batches more than a decade old that are still functional and PLEASE look at Seagreen through a microscope. you will see far more biological activity going on than in any tea or any other product from any other manufacturer.

primordialsolutions

primordialsolutions

Primordial Solutions
Supporter
Is it bacteria eating up all the oxygen and creating anaerobic conditions?
No, you just kill lots of different species of microbes if you add before you brew due to not all microbes liking the brewing process. It doesn't technically hurt anything, it just lessens the amount of life you get in the end.

Top Bottom