Is serenade comperable to greencure?

• Thread starter stickyicky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dican01

serenade is not the same as greencure. both are fungicides. serenade can be used in flower but it smells really bad. serenade is a strain of bacteria that kills fungus. greencure's active ingredient is potassium bicarbonate, which is commonly used in food production. it is an odorless white powder that you dillute in water and then spray. greencure has absolutely no smell. i would use greencure in flower if i had to use one of the two. i would say serenade is good for outdoor, but indoor, try to get some greencure. if you can't get greencure, try hydrogen peroxide maybe, or you can try this recipe:
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 quart water
A few drops of liquid soap

serenade really does have an unappealing smell. on the label it says you can spray it up to the day of harvest (greencure also), but i prefer greencure. both are organic. greencure is actually cheaper too. hope this helps.

stickyicky

stickyicky

Thanks Dican,

I'll drive the extra 20 miles to get the greencure.

Another question Dican. I had a little pm on this crop and used greencure last week (1-wk exactly). I still don't see the pm returning. It was'nt to bad of an outbreak and I hit it pretty hard w/ greencure. Any chance of it staying away? By the way, my room has plenty of ventilation and humidity is around 45 all the time. What do you think?

M

MASSES 420KING

serenade smells like a nasty lingering fart no exaggeration but it is all organic and can be used up til the day of harvest i have never used green cure so i cant say but another tip for powdery or downy mildew is milk diluted to about 10 percent in a gallon of water and it will leave no harmful residue i used baking soda before and it coated my leaves in grisly white sandy powder hydrogen perroxide 3%or better will kill mildew as well as fungus

D

dican01

Thanks Dican,

Another question Dican. I had a little pm on this crop and used greencure last week (1-wk exactly). I still don't see the pm returning. It was'nt to bad of an outbreak and I hit it pretty hard w/ greencure. Any chance of it staying away? By the way, my room has plenty of ventilation and humidity is around 45 all the time. What do you think?

yeah, greencure is that good. only thing is it may burn your leaves. if you spray the plants good, including stems and bottoms of the leaves, you can fight pm pretty good. remember pm is airborne too so you will have to quarantine if you want to completely rid yourself of pm.
i never had a problem with powdery mildew until i moved to southern california and started growing clones. i have great ventilation and air circulation, humidity under 50 percent,, and i still got pm. are you growing from seed or clone, and are you growing in southern california? just curious. i grew from seed for years in washington and oregon with no pm what so ever.
good luck.

stickyicky

stickyicky

yeah, greencure is that good. only thing is it may burn your leaves. if you spray the plants good, including stems and bottoms of the leaves, you can fight pm pretty good. remember pm is airborne too so you will have to quarantine if you want to completely rid yourself of pm.
i never had a problem with powdery mildew until i moved to southern california and started growing clones. i have great ventilation and air circulation, humidity under 50 percent,, and i still got pm. are you growing from seed or clone, and are you growing in southern california? just curious. i grew from seed for years in washington and oregon with no pm what so ever.
good luck.

I spoke to soon. It came back but, it's not nearly as bad. I'll hit it again tonite and that should take care till harvest. I did'nt notice any ill affects from last treatment over a week ago.

I'm in central california and I know the shit was brought in w/ clones. I dip my clones in Safe's 3-part fungicide, miticide and insecticide prior to entering room. Due to the fact that some strains are systemic carriers it's nearly impossible to keep it out of the room. Catching early is the best defense.

Thanks for the input.

M

mrdizzle

I wouldnt use serenade up until harvest, I just did it and the bud taste like shit.

I sprayed my girls with eagle20 on transplant and then burnt sulfur wk 1 and 3 and took out my PM completely

stickyicky

stickyicky

Right on Diz. How late and long do you burn sulfer into flowering stage?

Thanks

M

MASSES 420KING

I wouldnt use serenade up until harvest, I just did it and the bud taste like shit.

I sprayed my girls with eagle20 on transplant and then burnt sulfur wk 1 and 3 and took out my PM completely

i personally wouldnt use it that close to harvest either just saying if you absolutley neede to it would be okay:bong-hits:

M

mrdizzle

yea its organic so no worries, I sprayed it, but I think bi-carb leaves less taste.

I have spoke with many people that have burnt up to wk 6 and I honestly could not tell that they did. I only had to in wk 3 and I never saw it again

stickyicky

stickyicky

Yea, I stopped burning around week 6 too. The PM isn't too bad. I'll just start sponge wiping leaves till the end. No PM on the stalks, yet!

Thanks for the input.

O

ocho9

"The thread probably got closed because Eagle20 is a horribly toxic chemical and should never, ever be used on cannabis. There are a LOT of other options to deal with PM that do not involve using such a dangerous and hazardous chemical."

found this in another room, this is what probably made your plants taste like shit...

B

bluedog

I try not to spray anything once plants are well into flower. If I do I spot spray serenade. I believe spraying damages tricomes knocking the heads off. Think about how many household cleaning products out there use baking soda

P

primeform

if your still getting bad PM after using Eagle 20 in veg then your environment is fubar. Add more dehumidifiers and deveg your plants more. get more air circulating.

Everything else in this thread is spot on except sulfur burning. fuck that shit. rotate Eagle 20 and DM right after you flip and apply some Green Cure in the final weeks if you get any come back to suppress the fungal flowers. also green cure > serenade for alot of reasons especially wet dog smell.

please remember that serenade, green cure, sulfur, etc are not CURES. They simply suppress the fungal flowers(the white shit you see). The fungus lives in the plant cell walls. The flowers will grow right back after a few weeks if you dont kill the fungus at the cell level with bannermax, eagle 20, or DM saturator&zone.

I

ifarm

greencure

Thanks Dican,

Why not just order it online. Go to their website, they have a page which lists all the online retailers under where to buy. I've ordered from this site several times and it arrives pretty quickly.

E

ENugs

I burn sulfur in the 1st and 4th week into flowering and I never get PM. Sulfur is the best route to take IMO. It creates and acidic surface on EVERYTHING!! PH is a microscopic fungus that is airborne. So if its on your plants... then its probably on your walls and every where else. Doing a sulfur burn creates an acidic environment that is unlivable for PM.

You can use every spray possible... but the second the spray wears off and your RH rises, then PM will be right there laughing at you. Plus burning sulfur is quick and easy. I've burned it in a bedroom of my house before, and it stinks... but the smell is completely gone within a couple days.

Z

Zatoichi

This is old as hell, but eagle 20 is safe for food, but turns to hydrogen cyanide and another poison when heated over 400F.

Top Bottom