Is she ready for flower guys?

• Thread starter Neezyweezy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Hey been vegging for about 8 weeks almost in 5 gallon pot. Ceiling is 8 ft .
lol lanning of getting clones then flip in a few days . What yall opinion?

Is she ready for flower guys
Dub_City405

Dub_City405

You need to start topping them in early veg. Chopping the top nodes in half. Will slow vertical growth down. Might also thicken the plant up. Take less foliage off in veg.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

I duno if u can see. But i did top once then trained the whole body lst. I duno why theyre so skinny!! I had poor ventilation and just fixed few days ago. I think my transplant timing is not on point or somethin. Any tips to achieve thicker stalks like yourself??

growsince79

growsince79

Should have flipped a month ago. Plants look unhealthy -multiple deficiencies and all the leaves are gone. You can start new plants today and harvest more in 90 days than these will ever make.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Those are 8 weeks old? Where are all the fan leaves? Why use 5gal pots of you only put 3 gal of soil in them?

Next run top at the fourth or fifth node then work on training an even canopy. Keep your light a bit closer. If you must defoliate, wait until a couple days before flip.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Lol alright was looking for advice not to just get shitted on. So do i add more soil and too it up remove lower growth and wait for them to recover?
They were all bushy yesterday i just defoliated them. Is that what i did wrong as well?

Next run i will top them lower as you say to keep them more even.

should i lst them again to spread out?
The root system is looking pretty ok

jmand

jmand

I feel like you pruned them too mcgh they need leaves to get the light and make big buds... I would only prune lower large fan leaves that are kinda not getting much light..

These look they they already flowered and you cut off all the bud!

Dude I would leave it alone for a week or two let it recover and grow the kinda parts you want for cloning, then clone it and then give it a bit of time to recover from that THEN put it into flowering...

I would say if anything they would be perfect for flowering right now they look a bit traumatised tho so you dont want to shock them with too many changes at once and dont over prune them, the point is not to get rid of ALL the leaves but the onees its not really needing, any yellow or dead leaves, any rot or disease, and any huge lower fan leaves that are not really doing anyting but taking up space and slowing air flow.

They look like they willl be good plants tho man, i dont think you fucked it up as bad as theyre saying.. Just give it time to heal, do things slow, dont cut too much of the plant off at once it is shocking for it, its a living thing... dont change too many things at once, like pruning then cloning then into flowering all in a week is too fast...

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

I feel like you pruned them too mcgh they need leaves to get the light and make big buds... I would only prune lower large fan leaves that are kinda not getting much light..

These look they they already flowered and you cut off all the bud!

Dude I would leave it alone for a week or two let it recover and grow the kinda parts you want for cloning, then clone it and then give it a bit of time to recover from that THEN put it into flowering...

I would say if anything they would be perfect for flowering right now they look a bit traumatised tho so you dont want to shock them with too many changes at once and dont over prune them, the point is not to get rid of ALL the leaves but the onees its not really needing, any yellow or dead leaves, any rot or disease, and any huge lower fan leaves that are not really doing anyting but taking up space and slowing air flow.

They look like they willl be good plants tho man, i dont think you fucked it up as bad as theyre saying.. Just give it time to heal, do things slow, dont cut too much of the plant off at once it is shocking for it, its a living thing... dont change too many things at once, like pruning then cloning then into flowering all in a week is too fast...
Bless you brother! Ok i will veg another week and let them recover nomore pruning . They should bounce back ill report back then

Billymgb

Billymgb

I bet when you do flip them they are going to be just fine.How far away from your plants is the light.

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

i bet you they will come back with a vengeance! and will give you huge buds! best luck bro!
Yeah hope so too. My last run i let em get to like almost 6 ft. This time i feel theyre to small sigh so hard to crack the timing down when you dont really know what youre doin :(

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

My last run i let them “recover “ to long and they totally stretched to much .
Any future advice or tips would be greatly appreciated . Im always willing to listen and learn even from people who criticize my ways.
Im a half glass full kind if guy. Thanks for any input boys -

9030D4CB 1B7B 46EA AFD8 E7F4EFC92077
Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

They came out pretty iced and nice, but i really lost out on yield! Only pulled a ounce or two per plant. Maybe i should leave more secondaries this time? The strain is wedding crashers its a sativa dominant strain.

5B16B7B8 748D 46E5 BB3B 604A3ADE1C88
A92E778C 0939 4344 B3CD 5983788CC647
Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

These are the tops . I had so much stalk in embarassing . Hopefully if i flower at a shorter height this time they will produce more better??

jmand

jmand

dude yeah they aint meant to look like that... I never had any issues with when to put into flowering just when they are like a foot or two tall and healthy looking, thinking they might double in height.. I just put them over to flowering... They not mean to look like that its like youre trimming them before they have been grown they need more branches and leaves.. If they start to get tall before you flip them you can top them again.. will just make them more short and wider with more branches coming off the main stems..
Those look hacked away at and waaay to tall and thin.. could even be the strain as a more sativa plant will be taller and thinner with oppositee for a indica strain..

what lights you using? AS they are not meant to stretch, are your lights under powered maybe? maybe get a lumen light meter thingy and check they getting enough light...

yeah dont trim them so hard but stem when they getting too tall so they more wider and shorter like bushier.. I had some plants that went super tall at the beginning and I had it waaay too hot in there not sure if that is what caused it but there were so many issues with my first grow its hard to tell what the main key issue was..

Latest posts

Top Bottom