Is she ready for harvest? ?..Your opinion please. .

• Thread starter colly01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

colly01

Hi all..I'm new to growing so bare with me. ..White widow in soil in 8th week of flowering, is she ready??. ..Trichs are milky but not much amber. ..Pistils haven't fully receded either imo...so thinking another 2 weeks maybe? ?..
Is she ready for harvest your opinion please

urbanfog

urbanfog

Id let go another week or two, look for your pistils to go 50/50 amber/clear. hairs darkening etc, then do a nice long cure and you should be happy happy :D Have you started your flush, or do you feed all the way through?

C

colly01

Hey urbanfog..Cheers for reply, I fed her 3 days ago so gonna start flushing in a day or two. ..I think you're right another 2 weeks should be enough. ..I've read so much on the subject that I know all the signs but nothing beats getting an experts eye on things:)...Cheers dude. ...

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Looks good almost there would have been better off posting in the harvest section though ;-). what strain is it?

Drifting13

Drifting13

Welcome to the Farm, colly01. Just a little bit longer but looking good.:cool:

C

colly01

Cheers for the replies guys and cheers for the greeting. ..I'll keep you posted with pics over the next week and will let ye know when I chop chop.... ...Talk soon dudes. .

C

colly01

Hi all..quick update... i started to flush flush today which has me excited cause it means it's very close to harvest time. .expected to harvest in 10 days hopefully but will let the plant tell me when. ..see below for pics. ..I've never seen such a trichome covered bud in my life. .very excited. .talk soon dudes. ..

IMG 20131120 122504473
C

colly01

Hi all..its been about a week since I put this up for your opinions and I said I'd keep ye updated. ..here are this mornings pics. ..they're still growing new pistils and no sign of amber trichomes yet. ..they're 76 days flowering. ..Does white widow generally take this long? ?...I'll be patient with them so no fear of chopping early but didn't expect this long. .Talk soon dudes. ..

IMG 20131126 120359997
canadaseed

canadaseed

she needs still quite some time by the looks of it... I heard complete darkness is good at the end of the life cycle, I think 3 days to make the plant swell up and pump out resin. I would give her like tentatively another week, monitor the trichs and you'll be good.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I think that a proper harvest is the most overlooked part of growing. Even after 15 yrs I strongly suggest taking test buds to see if the plant is where you want it. I use 3 indicators that help tremendously: pistil color, trich color, and most importantly density. Does the bud squish or stay hard when being squeezed? The three of these things are my biggest indicators and I generally use the "flower time" given by either seed company or clone slanger as just a simple possibility that said strain will flower in 56 days and not an absolute.

C

colly01

Thanks guys for the replies...I gave the buds a gentle squeeze and they're quite hard so that's 1 out of 3 so hopefully amber trichomes and most of the pistils turn in the next week. ..Seriously hoping they'll be ready for Christmas. ..I'll keep ye posted. ...Again cheers. ...

C

colly01

Hi guys. ..Did a second flush morning and checked the trichs, saw a single amber trichome ha ha ha. ..hopefully more will change by tomorrow...in the meantime here's a pic of one of the buds....Again does she 'visually' look ready? ?..Always interested in people's views....Talk soon dudes. ..
20131128 110616

C

colly01

Btw that bud is approximately 3 inches tall and 2 inches thick. ...

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

That is looking very, very close. It looks like it wants to purple and I am sure it should be done in about a week.....if it is dense already I would try a little test bud and smoke it in four days. If all you get from her is wonderful cannabis flavor then cut her down, but if it tastes like hay then you know there is a lot more time required. Have you smoked this strain before? Do you know what to expect?

Top Bottom