Is she ready for harvest? ?..Your opinion please. .

• Thread starter colly01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

colly01

Cheers guys for the replies. ..I'm gonna take your advice and nip a bud as well as monitor the trichomes. ..I smoked this strain along time ago in Amsterdam so looking forward to it. ... .I'll keep ye posted. ..

germinator

germinator

.02.........My widows can take 9weeks plus.
They also stink stronger when their ready. Your looking good.

C

colly01

Hi guys. .quick update. ..Of the 2 plants one looks just ready, mostly milky trichomes, see pic below. ..But the second one is still producing white pistils big time so thinking of harvesting one on the weekend then the other the following week. ...They're into their 10th week of flowering. ...

C

colly01

Can't upload pics for some reason. .using mobile phone so maybe that's the reason. ..no worries will try again later. ..talk soon dudes. ..

C

colly01

20131202 155003

C

colly01

The pic above is the one that I'm harvesting on the weekend. ..

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

They look a little nute burned, have you flushed them at all? What are you feeding them now?

C

colly01

She hasn't been fed in 2 weeks Mr Goodcat as that's when I started to flush. ..I've flushed them twice already. ...

C

colly01

Yeah she only started going like that over the last few days. ..I don't have a PPM meter however I was using Plagron Bloom liquid form up to first flush. .I used 5ml per litre (manufacturers recommendation) every second watering (approx every week)...

C

colly01

Above pic is the other girl that started producing loads more pistils. ..both were on the same schedule. ...gonna give her another 2 weeks..

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

def stop feeding. these things are still getting tip burn and are dark green. you gotta back off that N earlier.

C

colly01

Hey Funkstarfish ...I stopped feeding 16 days ago. ..was that too short of time? ?...She only started going like that 4 days ago after 2nd Flush. ..
I just assumed she was taking nutes out of her leaves. ...

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Hey Funkstarfish ...I stopped feeding 16 days ago. ..was that too short of time? ?...She only started going like that 4 days ago after 2nd Flush. ..
I just assumed she was taking nutes out of her leaves. ...

Here is my flushing technique, I see so many people that misunderstand the meaning of flushing. For many flushing means feeding only water for the last two weeks and sometimes water 2 or 3x's the size of pot. I on the other hand go through a wicked wet/dry cycle in order to make sure all nutes are out of my cannabis and that the ash turns a nice white color when smoked. I will start around 2 weeks before harvest and let them dry to the bone, almost a little uncomfortably dry and then I soak them with only water(only being the imperative word as some try to add molasses or sweet etc.) and then I let them dry again only to repeat the process up to 4 times before i cut down. This is also the way that I get fall color leaves at the end which is a great sign of everything leaving the plant.

your first pic looks super ready. How did that tester turn out if you have tried it yet?

C

colly01

Hey savanalona, cheers for the detailed flush process, your process is very similar to what I did bar the uncomfortable dry plant part..I stopped feeding nutes 16 days ago and have flushed twice using the method you mention...I have them both in darkness now in which one is getting chopped on Saturday and the other the following Saturday...:D...Thanks for the input. ..I'll take pics after I open the wardrobe on Saturday, , hopefully she'll be like a Christmas tree in Narnia:D

Dunge

Dunge

def stop feeding. these things are still getting tip burn and are dark green. you gotta back off that N earlier.
In my efforts to "read the tea leaves" I am unable to come to your conclusions.
A leaf in late flower carries with it a record of its entire life.
Once an insult is delivered and damage is done, that event is recorded in the vitality of leaf which will slowly show problems via necrotic tissue.
Once burnt, a tip will not un-burn with proper treatment.
So tip burn is a one time indicator.
Grow it again and see if you can do better, but for now I'd guess those buds will smoke up nicely.

C

colly01

Hey Dunge cheers for your input. ..I'm new to all this so will defo control my nutes and environment better with my 6 girls I have in veg currently (3 Northern lights and 3 Freddies best). ..The more you get into it the more realise to do it correctly you need to spend the money on the instruments to make sure that you can control the environment. ..I have all I need now so I'll keep ye posted. .
Funkstarfish, I did sample the bud and was well happy so looking forward to the finished article. ..

C

colly01

Hey all..quick update. .opened the doors last night after 5 days of darkness. .examined trichomes on both ladies and one of them was a good mix of amber, milky and clear so chopped her last night...The other had no amber so gonna leave her till she shows me some amber. ..I'd say another week. ..Cheers for all the help guys. ...Again tried to upload pics from smartphone but not happening... I'll try later...Talk soon dudes, , I'll let ye know how they smoke in about 3 weeks. ..

Top Bottom