Is the weed ready to harvest

• Thread starter CanadianGeordie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CanadianGeordie

Hi,

I know its early in the season, but my plant is looking ready to harvest. Spend for this variety (Apricot Kush) says flowering period is 8 weeks, and its getting close to 8 weeks since the buds started.

I'm a newbie, so asking politely for your opinions on my bud. Picture attached.

Thank you.

Am I ready
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Is this an auto? Looks kind of like a revegging photo.

When a plant is done, all or almost all of the white stigmas ("hairs") will have turned red and shriveled. Then, most growers will use a magnifier to see if any trichs have turned amber.

C

CanadianGeordie

Is this an auto? Looks kind of like a revegging photo.

When a plant is done, all or almost all of the white stigmas ("hairs") will have turned red and shriveled. Then, most growers will use a magnifier to see if any trichs have turned amber.
The spec is silent on whether or not its an auto, but, it has been flowering for some time and we still have long days here (45 deg North), so I guess it is auto. Sorry, don't know what re-vegging means so can't comment on that. Thanks for weighing in!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The spec is silent on whether or not its an auto, but, it has been flowering for some time and we still have long days here (45 deg North), so I guess it is auto. Sorry, don't know what re-vegging means so can't comment on that. Thanks for weighing in!
If it's a photo plant, it can be forced into flower and forced back into the veg stage by changing the amount of time it is in light. When it is forced back into the veg stage, it is called revegging. The plant looks quite weird, with single blade leaves, when it does this.

I've never grown one myself, but pictures of some autos that appear on this site have odd bud structures like this one, that kind of look like revegging photos.

Top Bottom