Is there a good systemic fungus gnat killer?

• Thread starter SUPERBABY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SUPERBABY

Is there anything I can feed my plants to make em taste like shit to a gnat..

I looked at Floramite but no..only mites...

N

nughit

Get some Gnatrol and mix it with your water. This will kill the larva which is what will hurt your plants.
I also spay the top of the medium with neem oil to kill the flying adults. If you don't have a bad infestation I have good results with just spraying the medium with neem oil every day for 2 weeks.

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

good advice, I have done the same in the past. No more gnats!

B

Budhog

Man, I don't let that Neem anywhere near my plants. Makes them smell like dead fish for a month.

I think Azamax takes care of gnats and is a systemic against spider mites.

S

ShorelineTex

They sell Mosquito Dunks at Lowes/Home Depot/Whatever near the OFF! and other mosquito repellents. You can put one in a pair of pantyhose and dangle it in your reservoir to keep the solids from clogging your hydro, or crush them up and mix them with soil. I believe it contains the same species-specific bacterial toxin as Gnatrol (Bacillus thuringiensis), but you get 6 of them for like 5 bucks...

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

Yeah, it does stink, I was going to try the azamax anyway, after this neem runsout. Especially if you say it doesn't smell as bad. Too much neem actually gives me a headache, but it has worked well on my plants.

B

Budhog

Yah, M.S.T., the Azamax has the power of Neem without the stank. They say you can use it right up to harvest, but I wouldn't put anything on my flowers after 4 weeks.

N

nughit

Yeah I use the Safer 3-1 Fungicide from Lowes that is clarified neem. It doesn't stink near as bad as reg. neem does.

C

CAPO

ya I agree with Jalisco. moscquito nets for outdoors. I would definitely go with azamax or monterey bay for thrips and/or fungas gnats indoors. Also no pest strips are good.

J

Jalisco Kid

I use them on my buckets indoors.They are installed on top of my buckets. JK

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I use mosquito dunks>>>Throw some chunks in pantyhoes and dangle that shit in your reservoir>>>>Blam0 no more fungus nats>>>True story:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

C

CAPO

hey jalisco do you mean that you cover the base of the plant or do you net the whole plant? If you cover the plant does that interfere with the light?

Hey-Hey GTD, What's a mosquito dunk?

I only grow in soil and the only time I ever got fliers more than a fly strip could handle is when I stupidly re-used my substrate.

20north

i hope you see this..

Gnatrol

get gnatrol its super awesome good you spray it on the plants and a fungus in gnatrol kills your gnats if they eat it so you spray the first 2 inches of your soil or medium never done it with hydro ballz

peace

its the real deal theres alot of bullshit out there but i havent seen 1 gnat on what ever pot i spray this stuff on and its can go on the leaves

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Mosquito_Control_abpMD6p_300w.jpg

J

Jalisco Kid

They no longer sell gnatrol in cali.
GTD have you figured out the ratio of the dunks?

Imagine a bucket the top is covered with a netting, the stalk coming thru the netting(held closed with velcro anround the stalk. Nothing can get into your root system.

S

SUPERBABY

How long should it dangle in the rez? I don't want to let too much of that stuff dissolve...

Latest posts

Top Bottom