is there a poor man's way to co2?

• Thread starter username09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

username09

it's been awhile since i've been in the mix but, i was wondering if anyone came up with a way to use vinegar and baking soda (or any other way really) to produce co2 in a benefitiary manner and it be cost efficient.

i'm almost on week 3 of flowering and thought i'd see if someone had come up with anything.

M

moodster

this is yeast and sugar i run 2 of these in flower and see results heres the link if im allowed to post it http://www.invalid.com/general-marijuana-growing/258474-homemade-co2-guide.html also i can run higher temps in my tent :party0042:

Cort

Cort

put a sleeping bag in your grow. You are a carbon dioxide creating beast!

Or the yeast thing. I have heard others using the buckets from grow shops or even baking soda and vinegar. I dont want that vinegar stink on my herbs, dont know if it transfers or even how much CO2 you would get.

P

pure arghan

ok for maybe one plant

this is yeast and sugar i run 2 of these in flower and see results heres the link if im allowed to post it http://www.invalid.com/general-marijuana-growing/258474-homemade-co2-guide.html also i can run higher temps in my tent :party0042:

this work's but when i say it work's i mean that it dose crate co2 but on the scale shown on the thried it would't make a big difrance with even one plant, peps can think that it dose but it's usaly because they have spent more time with the plant qhicking to see if it dose work or not and when there qhivking on it they might find that the plant could do with more or less water/light/heat, there you get your difrance, or in some case's it's in there head and then you'll get pep's that hav't even grown a thing just on the net talking shit,
the easyest way to up your co2 is to use cardenated water, this will work with out having to moniter the level's, any more and you need a co2 moniter for your plants sake and for your's if your grow is in you home, carbenated water work's like this, you spray on the top and under of the leaf, just when the lights have turned on, i used to use this methed years back untill i found out about home brew beer or sidder, with a home brew you can rase you ppm's buy alot depending on how you have it setup,ie how much or how big a brew you are doing, i could run you thiugh all the ins and out's of how to do it but just at the mo im stoned out of my box, sorry for any bad spelling but if you google home brew for plants you'll find wot you need, this way you make enough c02 and you endup with your owen beer/sidder. an outher alturative to making co2 would be to just hang a fly zapper, ie the ones with ultravilet light, you see a ultravilet light gives off co2, about the same amont that the post with small bottle of sugar fremention gives off, imo i would't bother with fremention unless you have at least a 5galon setup, hope this helps and remmber dont belive all the hipe

Melvan

Melvan

If you have proper ventilation in the room, not just cooling, but pulling air in and pushing old air out you don't need to add CO2. It will only help you if your room is completely sealed or you have meager ventilation.

That said, I saw in a thread just today a guy who plants to use corn mash that goes into moonshine. I guess whatever it has to do before it goes in the still makes it release CO2. The thread has epson salts and reduced yield in the title.

U

username09

i thought co2 was helpful for flowering plants even if the room in well vented. i'll just try and make sure the rooms air stays fresh.

B

BoCo Buds

Allows for em to metabolize faster, but with fresh air, ya sure can grow some dank, no doubt about it.

And Cort had a point on cheap CO2... breath... measurable difference after working in the room a bit ;-)

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Less than 10 minutes in my decently large sealed grow tent brings CO2 PPM's over 1500

Melvan

Melvan

i thought co2 was helpful for flowering plants even if the room in well vented. i'll just try and make sure the rooms air stays fresh.

That's really all you need to do. I would suggest you do some reading on basic plant physiology, including the ins and outs of photosynthesis.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

this is one of the areas that amazes me. co2 is as cheap as it gets from bottles in a efficent CONTROLLED manner. a regulator can be picked up for as little as $100 and a tank for as little as 50 especially used if you search craigslist. you will make $150 more worth of bud in one run. my #50lb tank keeps my 10 x 15 room good for a whole run and a refill is a whopping $26. i understand times are hard but seriously if you can scrape up the money once you will get it back at harvest if you sell the extra and you will profit more every run if you were to sell the overages from what you use to get without co2 to refill your tank every time even if you were just running a few plants.

anything besides a bottle or burner is a complete waste of time it's too beneficial to use these home made remedies that half ass work and you have zero control over when you can get into one so cheap. sell your xbox and after a harvest you will have enough extra to buy a new one with a few games and enough to refill your tanks.

B

Bobby Smith

this is one of the areas that amazes me. co2 is as cheap as it gets from bottles in a efficent CONTROLLED manner. a regulator can be picked up for as little as $100 and a tank for as little as 50 especially used if you search craigslist. you will make $150 more worth of bud in one run. my #50lb tank keeps my 10 x 15 room good for a whole run and a refill is a whopping $26. i understand times are hard but seriously if you can scrape up the money once you will get it back at harvest if you sell the extra and you will profit more every run if you were to sell the overages from what you use to get without co2 to refill your tank every time even if you were just running a few plants.

anything besides a bottle or burner is a complete waste of time it's too beneficial to use these home made remedies that half ass work and you have zero control over when you can get into one so cheap. sell your xbox and after a harvest you will have enough extra to buy a new one with a few games and enough to refill your tanks.

Everything that he said.

Using sugar and yeast (or whatever the fudge it is) is SO much more expensive per run it's ridiculous..............if you don't currently have the funds to drop $150 for a modestly legit setup, than save up............but don't waste your money on buying yeast and sugar.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

CHeap c02 is the natrual way. Just have the room vented/exchanged. Or i say a generator for long halls.

S

Steve Z

poor mans co2

the green pad - google em. they're cheap and effective.

dont do the sugar yeast crap you have ZERO control of how much co2 is being made so it'll eithe rbe way undereffective or wayyyy dangerous, your call its your life your messing with.

but the green pads are sick just spray and poof! co2

Reactions: NGA
U

username09

does anyone have a link to co2 setup? i may start searching for a bottle and regulator. i'm fairly sure i can get a bottle from a friend and i'd like to read up and start running it asap.

A

AquaReefer

When you use a co2 bottle and regulator, how often is it on? My tent is well ventilated with fresh air/exhaust and I was wondering if it would be a waste to add co2.

As for the cheap co2 I have heard of buckets with yeast and sugar. A lot of people say they suck and don't really do much.

A

AquaReefer

When you use a co2 bottle and regulator, how often is it on? My tent is well ventilated with fresh air/exhaust and I was wondering if it would be a waste to add co2.

As for the cheap co2 I have heard of buckets with yeast and sugar. A lot of people say they suck and don't really do much.

T

theguapo

yeah I'm gonna add CO2 to my room as well. During the day cycle the room is vented well so I'll just up the CO2 levels at night. I'm sure i'll see a difference....I hope!

Top Bottom