Is there any point of continuing growing my plants?

• Thread starter tonevangel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tonevangel

tonevangel

Hi guys! :)

I'm a new grower, doing this for a while and learning from my mistakes. :D

I bought few autoflowering feminized seeds and I'm currently taking care of two of them. The problem is that I think I stunted them...

Let me tell you about my setup first:

AREA: about one square foot
LIGHTING: 3 cfl 2700K and 3 cfl 6500K, total of 138 Watts / 9060 lumens and I'm using proper reflective coating
TEMPERATURE: between 78 to 85 Fahrenheit
HUMIDITY: 30% to 50%
VENTILATION: two pc fans (soon I'm building my tent but it's going to be really small so I'll use an inline fan in combination with carbon filter and passive air intake).
WATER: 6.0 - 7.0 ph, low mineralized water (suitable for human babies)
SOIL: proper premade NPK soil for flowering plants, but it's for mature plants and it's too fertilized.
POTS: about 2.5 liters each ~ less than 3/4 of a US gallon

I even expose my plants to direct sunlight, (keeping the roots cool) when outside is clear sky and temperature is around 80 - 85 Fahrenheit, for about 10 hours a day.

What I think I did wrong is that I put them into too small containers, didn't use proper soil for seedlings instead, kept them under humidity dome for the first few days, despite that they sprouted (really fast, both of them for about two days) and transplanted them in the first week because they were in small coffee cups. I know... :D

So my questions are:
• Will they stretch for at least 10" long and would their axillary branches stretch and get thicker?
• Is there any point to continue growing them, because I don't expect a lot, but not a quarter of an oz from two plants. :D
• Maybe I can risk and transplant them in bigger pots now?

Any help will be appreciated! :)

Thank you very much! :)
MAIN.jpg
REST.jpg

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

High humidity swings can stunt autoflowers, so will temps of 85f, i just grew a large auto in a 1 litre pot, your leaves are allso yellow,, that tells me your plants did not like the mix probably to hot bc of food, if there 50 days old and you have no flower odds are your not gonna get any, next time put them in a proper size pot (3gal) and use a good light medium like ffof, do not feed and then only lighley until after day 21, you want your seedlings reaching for light not shying away from it, dont feel to bad i just lost a grow bc they did not have my mix bc of flu and plants were very un happy, and remember if you have food in your mix everytime you water you feed overwhelming your plants. Pic is SODK in a 1 litre pot.

20200908 151046
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Sorry you do not transplant autoflowers you put the seed in the pot you intend to do your whole grow in.

tonevangel

tonevangel

Thank you very much! :)
That's what I've expected. Idk now if there's any point of losing time growing them, instead of another plant (I don't have any room left for third plant), but will give them like 2 weeks to see what's going on with them. Cheers! :)

P.S. This plant looks amazing! :D :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom