Is there something wrong with these plants?

• Thread starter bpgrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bpgrowing

I have 3 separate plants. 1 I'm not showing cause it sprouted late and only has a few leafs.
These two sprouted at the same time. All 3 are in fox farm ocean forest for soil. I have not givin them any nutrients yet. Every time I water I ph to 6.5. I have them on 24hr lighting using Phlizon Upgraded 600W LED (on the bloom setting). Everything is the same across the board except their size. The bigger one seems fine, the other is showing signs of yellowing on the tips of the new and middle leafs. The only different thing I did with these plants is I had them covered with 2 litter bottles I cutt. The bigger one was I bit bigger then the other when I removed them.
I have been trying to keep my humidity around 40% though it does often drop too 30%-35% and can reach 70% (waiting on controller).

I've attempted growing in the past but failed do to lack of space and equipment. This is the first time I've put 100% in and really want to see results so I may just be paranoid.

Is there something wrong or do they look fine?

Is there something wrong with these plants
Is there something wrong with these plants 2
Is there something wrong with these plants 3
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I have 3 separate plants. 1 I'm not showing cause it sprouted late and only has a few leafs.
These two sprouted at the same time. All 3 are in fox farm ocean forest for soil. I have not givin them any nutrients yet. Every time I water I ph to 6.5. I have them on 24hr lighting using Phlizon Upgraded 600W LED (on the bloom setting). Everything is the same across the board except their size. The bigger one seems fine, the other is showing signs of yellowing on the tips of the new and middle leafs. The only different thing I did with these plants is I had them covered with 2 litter bottles I cutt. The bigger one was I bit bigger then the other when I removed them.
I have been trying to keep my humidity around 40% though it does often drop too 30%-35% and can reach 70% (waiting on controller).

I've attempted growing in the past but failed do to lack of space and equipment. This is the first time I've put 100% in and really want to see results so I may just be paranoid.

Is there something wrong or do they look fine?
How far is your light from your plant
Im far from preofessinal but it looks a bit like light bleaching
Considering one of your leaves also curl up

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
No big deal, is it a hybrid? Auto?
Most likely just crossed jeans. It will grow through that and roll on. It has some taco leaves popping up, and it looks like it wants some food. Turn down the output on your light 15% I veg at 40% output at 30 inches above canopy.

B

bpgrowing

Most likely just crossed jeans. It will grow through that and roll on. It has some taco leaves popping up, and it looks like it wants some food. Turn down the output on your light 15% I veg at 40% output at 30 inches above canopy.
They are fat banana auto from rqs.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
They are fat banana auto from rqs.
Yeah you’ll see that a lot with rudi crosses. No worries. It’s the leaf edges and the upward curling of leaves that signals the heat stress. Just because folks say 24hours and autos means more yeild, it really doesn’t I. My experience. Every living thing on this planet naturally sleeps, auto or not, at least 4 hours so the plant can rest. The bloom switch coupled with extended veg hours is what happened here.
Also, clear pots are not good. As the plant grows to the sides of the pot, the pretty white roots will get hardened off due to root exposure to the light. This really messes up uptake for the plant. 👊🏻🤡

B

bpgrowing

Should I raise my lights a little farther? Pic in comments.

B

bpgrowing

Real quick, just wanted to say thanks too all. I really appreciate all your help. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

B

bpgrowing

Yeah you’ll see that a lot with rudi crosses. No worries. It’s the leaf edges and the upward curling of leaves that signals the heat stress. Just because folks say 24hours and autos means more yeild, it really doesn’t I. My experience. Every living thing on this planet naturally sleeps, auto or not, at least 4 hours so the plant can rest. The bloom switch coupled with extended veg hours is what happened here.
Also, clear pots are not good. As the plant grows to the sides of the pot, the pretty white roots will get hardened off due to root exposure to the light. This really messes up uptake for the plant. 👊🏻🤡
I plan on switching pots on Friday(been in there longer than I would like). I didn't know that though so thank you!

I'll try some down time to see if that helps also.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

This is actually scientifically proven that plants produce and breakdown some compounds during night time that i cant remember atm
But is very important for healthy growth

B

bpgrowing

UPDATE:
Me humidity/temp controller came in. Looks like the issue was heat burn. In this image the white temp gauge is farther away from the controllers sensor. When they were next to each other there was about 8° difference. So my plants were trying to live in like an 83° climate.

Thank you everyone for helping me out. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future.

P.S. I wrapped the clear containers in newspaper. I also gave the 2 biggest ones their first feeding today (2tsp/gal. of F.F. grow big) and they seem to be loving it!!!

Top Bottom