Is this a malr plant???????

• Thread starter Steveystrappa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

Exoticgenetix 🌈reserve regular seeds this is only one that made these ball things. 8 believe male correct. The others don't have it but look more like females to me. No white pistols yet on others. But this one has been starting these for last week and I know males show quicker generally.

Is this a malr plant
Is this a malr plant 2
Is this a malr plant 3
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
wait just a bit longer, but yes, i think it is male. it is the shape and a sort of stem... but it is early and it wont hurt to wait a little bit to be sure.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Is that two different plants? The first pic is a male. The second looks female but it's not clear enough.

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

wait just a bit longer, but yes, i think it is male. it is the shape and a sort of stem... but it is early and it wont hurt to wait a little bit to be sure.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing as far as wait a little longer because I know those sometimes turn into that white pistol. Yeah the stem is thick but the others are not far behind thickness. Here is my other ones that I think will be female. I just don't want to pollinate my red runtz and sweat helmet. I am going to pollinate 1 of the female rainbows and get a f1 series hopefully.

20210618 150244
20210618 150251
20210618 150258
Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

Pistols are longer and sharper then the one I think is a male. Here is the one I believe is female.

Screenshot 20210618 150930 Gallery
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

you have a while before any pollen happens, and the females cant grab it without flowers themselves. so you have long enough to wait it out.
True, but I've always split them as soon as they show. One male can ruin hundreds of plants.
For me, why risk it? It's easier to kill the male and plant a new one.

Later, if I ever have the room, breeding is something to consider, but for now... Kill the male.

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

When I'm at the same point the sign I look for to be sure its male is for it to develop a little stalk underneath, like a mini little shop of horrors venus flytrap. I have occasionally had ones that look similar to this that I thought were male that ended up sending that little beautiful hair out the top. Have you switched light cycle yet I can't tell if they are in flower from the pic.

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

True, but I've always split them as soon as they show. One male can ruin hundreds of plants.

Later, if I ever have the room, breeding is something to consider, but for now... Kill the male.
I have the room to separate the male long enough to extract some pollen then I'm gonna kill it lol I will then separate the female and introduce the pollen to her and take the necessary precautions and then put her back. There are proper precautions I can use to avoid that. And if I fuck up and they all get pollinated welll I got some cool to genes lol

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

When I'm at the same point the sign I look for to be sure its male is for it to develop a little stalk underneath, like a mini little shop of horrors venus flytrap. I have occasionally had ones that look similar to this that I thought were male that ended up sending that little beautiful hair out the top. Have you switched light cycle yet I can't tell if they are in flower from the pic.
10 days into flower

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter

yes... when you are sure it is a male... as i said. wait till you know for sure, no need to be in that big of a hurry.

patiofarmer

patiofarmer

well if its 10 days into flower I might bump it up to 2% chance it could be female (from.way less than 1, haha) A lot of my vigorous males have already formed a second or 3rd ball on the bunch of grapes if they are 10 days in. Most have shown more than yours, but Im talking about a cpl specific strains I've started from seed alot, and they were fast finishing indicas. I would never tell someone what to do with their plans or at least I will try not to unless I'm really stoned and forget, But I will say that I don't think they are physically capable of releasing pollen until the size where you can definitely identify them as male, they haven't gone through puberty yet haha. That being said what I do in that spot is to check every node of the suspect plants every day because they can mature in different areas of the same plant at different speeds of course. Also the little tiny thing I found that works is to backlight them (the nodes) with a flashlight or something it seems like I'm able to see the hair better or notice it sooner.

Top Bottom